Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

• Binary Domain on Get Games. Save 50%.
  • Dreamcast Collection on Get Games. Save 75%.
  • Football Manager 2012 on Get Games. Save 750%.
  • Magical Diary on Steam. Save 20%.
  • Pickers on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Saints Row: The Third on Steam. Save 66%.
  • Serious Sam 3 BFE Deluxe Edition on Get Games. Save 80%.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: On Sale Jun 1, 2012, 17:28 Morgan19

PHJF wrote on May 31, 2012, 22:46:
Is something stopping you from just using Dual Shock 3?

Besides the fact that I didn't know that was possible? Nope! I'll have to give it a try, thanks...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: On Sale Jun 1, 2012, 10:00 Verno

jdreyer wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 04:47:

On a side note, FCK ALL is it hard to get Win 7 to boot on a new MB and proc without a new install. I did hours of research until I happened on this article by Loyd Case and am following his instructions (and instructions in an amazing subsequent comment by freepasswordz2bg after the article).

I've swapped across brands and platforms without issues in the past, I didn't bother doing most of that stuff either. Just swapped and rebooted. A few times there would be a blue screen on boot if I forgot to switch AHCI but Windows 7 was smart enough to load failsafe drivers on the next startup. The first Windows load takes awhile though, it reloads almost every single driver.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

14. Re: On Sale Jun 1, 2012, 09:50 nin

jdreyer wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 04:47:
nin wrote on May 31, 2012, 22:42:
jdreyer wrote on May 31, 2012, 21:58:
Oh, want Saints Row 3rd, but have so many unplayed Steam games already!

It's very simple: You play SR3, and those others wait.

Did I mention it's one of my top 3 games of last year? It's that good...

Embarrassed to say, but better than Skyrim and Deus Ex HR, which are still in my queue unplayed? I'm in the middle of a major PC upgrade right now: new MB, proc, memory, & graphics card, and intend on playing those on max graphics.

See, that's the best part! Skyrim and DX were the other two! You're stepping up to the top 3 already!

And if you card does DX11, you'll find both Deus and SR3 offer a DX11 mode that runs great.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

13. Re: On Sale Jun 1, 2012, 09:14 xXBatmanXx

Morgan19 wrote on May 31, 2012, 22:45:
I'd love to pick up SR:Third, but (don't hate me) I think I'd need a gamepad to feel comfortable with it... Could anyone recommend a decent and not-bank-breaking PC controller that looks and feels like a Playstation3 controller? (I've never been a fan of the Xbox's controller layout, so that's definitely not an option.)

Any local electronics store will have a 9.99 option that is a clone of the ps3 controller. I used an xbox controller for driving and flying, and m/kb for everything else. Just sat the controller next to the keyboard. Worked great.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

12. Re: On Sale Jun 1, 2012, 04:47 jdreyer

nin wrote on May 31, 2012, 22:42:

Embarrassed to say, but better than Skyrim and Deus Ex HR, which are still in my queue unplayed? I'm in the middle of a major PC upgrade right now: new MB, proc, memory, & graphics card, and intend on playing those on max graphics.

On a side note, FCK ALL is it hard to get Win 7 to boot on a new MB and proc without a new install. I did hours of research until I happened on this article by Loyd Case and am following his instructions (and instructions in an amazing subsequent comment by freepasswordz2bg after the article).

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

11. Re: On Sale Jun 1, 2012, 01:39 Jerykk

nin wrote on May 31, 2012, 22:48:
I'd love to pick up SR:Third, but (don't hate me) I think I'd need a gamepad to feel comfortable with it... Could anyone recommend a decent and not-bank-breaking PC controller that looks and feels like a Playstation3 controller? (I've never been a fan of the Xbox's controller layout, so that's definitely not an option.)

I used a K/M for the driving and on foot sections and a 360 wireless pad for the flight sections. It's slightly awkward going back and forth, but both feel right for their respective sections.

You don't really need a gamepad for the driving, since the vehicle handling is so unrealistic. Not sure about flying.

10. Re: On Sale Jun 1, 2012, 01:14 Hyatus

You can also use your wireless ps3 controller as a wired controller via USB. There's some drivers somewhere to do that and then use x360ce to map the controls correctly.  

9. Re: On Sale Jun 1, 2012, 00:27 Acleacius

Good deal on SR3!  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

8. Re: On Sale Jun 1, 2012, 00:13 Wetworks

Check out the Logitech F310, F510 or F710. It comes with Xinput mode so your computer sees it as a 360 controller.  

7. Re: On Sale May 31, 2012, 22:48 nin

I used a K/M for the driving and on foot sections and a 360 wireless pad for the flight sections. It's slightly awkward going back and forth, but both feel right for their respective sections.

6. Re: On Sale May 31, 2012, 22:48 Dades

I'd love to pick up SR:Third, but (don't hate me) I think I'd need a gamepad to feel comfortable with it... Could anyone recommend a decent PC controller that looks and feels like a Playstation3 controller? (I've never been a fan of the Xbox's controller layout, so that's definitely not an option.)

You can use your wireless PS3 controller with one of those USB blue tooth dongles and a free download of MotionInJoy. The Logitech F510 is the only other controller like that I'm aware of.

5. Re: On Sale May 31, 2012, 22:46 PHJF

Is something stopping you from just using Dual Shock 3?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Re: On Sale May 31, 2012, 22:45 Morgan19

3. Re: On Sale May 31, 2012, 22:42 nin

2. Re: On Sale May 31, 2012, 22:26 xXBatmanXx

binding of issaac is 2.00! buy now you heathens!!!!!!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/113200

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Re: On Sale May 31, 2012, 21:58 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo