Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed

The Bethesda Blog now offers up a an official trailer for The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard the recently teased project that turns out to be the first DLC for Bethesda's RPG sequel. There's no news yet on a Windows edition, as word is: "Watch the official trailer for Dawnguard, the first game add-on for Skyrim. Dawnguard will be available for download for 1600 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE this summer."

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 23:06 Jerykk

There are vampires in Morrowind and Skyrim too. I think Morrowind handled them the best. They were very rare but very powerful, whereas in Oblivion and Skyrim, they're pretty common and weak.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 11:25 Wowbagger_TIP

Acleacius wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 00:44:
Didn't they do Vampires first in Morrowind and Oblivion?

Damn, got to try this Skyrim Monster Mod and New Vegas Monster Mod

There were vampires in Oblivion, and you could even become one, but nothing like that monstrous thing in the video. That's new.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

24. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 00:44 Acleacius

Didn't they do Vampires first in Morrowind and Oblivion?

Damn, got to try this Skyrim Monster Mod and New Vegas Monster Mod

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

23. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 23:43 ^Drag0n^

cronik wrote on May 31, 2012, 18:29:
Dark as fuck!!!

That girl cracks me up. Some people will do anything for hits.

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

22. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 18:32 Rea1One

I'm in dire need for new quests / achievements so Ill be buying this a month later on PC, damn xbox exclusive first release..  

21. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 18:29 cronik

Dark as fuck!!!  

20. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 17:45 Crustacean Soup

Totally buying, but I'm not anywhere near the point where I need new quests, and I haven't even gotten around to creating a second (caster) character yet. The game is ridiculous. It's the first Elder Scrolls game that's really held my attention too.  

19. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 17:32 MisterBenn

A faction and some new mechanics, this is quite straightforward DLC but at least we are a step up from the horse armour!  

Playing: Path of Exile, Age of Wonders III

18. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 15:51 PsychoMoggieBagpuss

Though the voiceover guy does sound a lot like Sansha Kuvakei from the Eve online: Incursion trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aegK7n7C5Z8  

PMB / Shodan
http:/www.futilez

17. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 15:48 PsychoMoggieBagpuss

Will be buying this. Still playing and loving it.  

PMB / Shodan
http:/www.futilez

16. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 14:56 theyarecomingforyou

Tim Collins wrote on May 31, 2012, 14:50:
I thought Microsoft Points were being discontinued.
I thought that but last I read they seem to be sticking to them. Ridiculous, but clearly profitable.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

15. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 14:50 Tim Collins

I thought Microsoft Points were being discontinued.  

14. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 14:39 MoreLuckThanSkill

Looks pretty good, and hopefully we're drawing ever closer to that $9.99 GotY version of Skyrim. I'll be free of D3's clutches by the time that comes out, probably.

13. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 14:12 ItBurn

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 31, 2012, 13:52:
There were so many directions they could have taken this expansion, so I can't help but feel disappointed that this is what they went for. That said I'm sure it's just a case of the trailer underselling it, as the graphics throughout looked nowhere near as good as actually playing the game. I'll likely pick it up unless it's an absolute turkey, as I got a huge amount of playtime out of Skyrim.

Yeah, I was expecting much more from this. With all the time they had and all the world building experience they've accumulated. A lot of areas in the trailer seem glitchy. Perhaps it's just the trailer that sucks.

I'll be buying it anyway...

12. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 13:52 theyarecomingforyou

There were so many directions they could have taken this expansion, so I can't help but feel disappointed that this is what they went for. That said I'm sure it's just a case of the trailer underselling it, as the graphics throughout looked nowhere near as good as actually playing the game. I'll likely pick it up unless it's an absolute turkey, as I got a huge amount of playtime out of Skyrim.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

11. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 13:26 nin

it still irks me that they did these xBox exclusive releases for the first couple of DLC's.

Think of them as beta testers for the backwards flying dragons...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

10. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 13:25 Kastagir

30-day XBox exclusive just means the console players get to beta test it for a change. I hope there's more to this than a collection of "Game Jam" test balloons hobbled together.  

9. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 13:12 Verno

wtf_man wrote on May 31, 2012, 12:48:
While I appreciate the large amount of gameplay Skyrim put out (I'm at 178 hours on my first character)... and the support for modding... and the Hi Res Textures for free... it still irks me that they did these xBox exclusive releases for the first couple of DLC's.

If it was a slow time it would probably bug me too but there's so much shit to play that I don't really care if we get it a month later or whatever. I look at it this way, we'll just let them be the beta testers for a change and get a nice release day patch

I'm in full price, release day, Elder Scrolls games always deliver for me even with the funky combat.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

8. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 13:11 Ratty

Panickd wrote on May 31, 2012, 13:08:
Wow. So everything they showed off in the Skyrim hackfest ends up as part of this new DLC (with the exception of the kill cam updates for projectiles and spells). I am shocked. Shocked I say! Well not that shocked.

This is maybe worth $10 to me. Otherwise it'll be waiting on the Steam sale shelf.
I noticed that too. Especially the flying guy with the wings, that's like exactly from the hackfest. Didn't see my personal fave though, the humongous crab.

For people complaining about the XBox exclusive, just be glad it won't require GFWL. That's something at least.

7. Re: The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard Revealed May 31, 2012, 13:08 Panickd

Wow. So everything they showed off in the Skyrim hackfest ends up as part of this new DLC (with the exception of the kill cam updates for projectiles and spells). I am shocked. Shocked I say! Well not that shocked.

This is maybe worth $10 to me. Otherwise it'll be waiting on the Steam sale shelf.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo