Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week?

EA tweets a confirmation of indications of plans for Battlefield 3 Premium, saying more details are coming on June 4th. No need to wait, however, as BF3Blog has details, saying this will include the all the previous and upcoming DLC for the military shooter sequel as well as new maps, weapons, vehicles, and more. According to their fact sheet this will be released on June 4th for USD $50.00.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

12. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 30, 2012, 21:05 fawker

Sepharo wrote on May 30, 2012, 20:53:
Why the fuck are they announcing this (and with a price point no less) before those 3 DLC/expansions even come out?

They've had the new sim city for pre-order ($80) for months now. It was up there since they released the concept art.

That's right, I said concept art.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 30, 2012, 21:02 Cutter

"A sucker is born every minute." - P.T. Barnum

Never truer words were spoken.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 30, 2012, 21:02 theyarecomingforyou

Imagine how awesome it would have been if DICE had been bought up by Valve. Ha, I put the thought in your minds. Now you'll hate EA even more. MUAHAHA!

But seriously, $50 for DLC and stuff that should be - and is - released for free with other games? It looks like EA is trying to compete for worst company on the planet, not just America.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

9. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 30, 2012, 21:02 dumpy

Have to say I was sadly disappointed after experiencing Bad Company 2. I stopped playing BF3 due to varying degrees of suck. It was only little things here and there, but everything added up.  

8. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 30, 2012, 20:59 DangerDog

Donald Rumsfeld now runs EA/DICE marketing team, so many known unknowns that we just don't know about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiPe1OiKQuk

7. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 30, 2012, 20:53 Sepharo

Why the fuck are they announcing this (and with a price point no less) before those 3 DLC/expansions even come out?

Do they want everyone to wait for GoTY/Premium? I know many do that already but this sounds like a really dumb reveal. Way to ensure that those DLC packs do poorly.

edit: Err nevermind, missed the part about it going on sale June 4th (?) I guess the point is to get everyone to pay for the whole shebang ahead of time.

6. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 30, 2012, 20:52 Trevellian

DangerDog wrote on May 30, 2012, 20:42:
This is what you used to get in your typical "expansion" for a game, I think Special Forces for BF2 retailed for $30 or so.

They're really digging deep to try to come up with crap they can bundle into their "Premium Service", people are flipping their shit over the server queue priority thing but the ability to reset your stats is more worrisome - cheaters don't give a shit about their stats and it's an easy way to hide that you're cheating by just resetting your stats.

You save $10 by advance pre-ordering their DLC packs, the other perks are pretty much useless.

Hope Planetside 2 doesn't turn out to be disappointing, it looks to be the only true "Battlefield Killer" on the horizon.

I really don't see Planetside 2 being disappointing. The original Planetside was so good and it was actually championed pretty hard by Smedley. The fact he believed in the IP enough to get SOE rolling on a sequel and the amount of care the guys who made the original Planetside are putting into it shows in everything that has been shown off so far. I expect great things from it. Can't wait to get my old Outfit rolling again.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

5. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 30, 2012, 20:42 DangerDog

This is what you used to get in your typical "expansion" for a game, I think Special Forces for BF2 retailed for $30 or so.

They're really digging deep to try to come up with crap they can bundle into their "Premium Service", people are flipping their shit over the server queue priority thing but the ability to reset your stats is more worrisome - cheaters don't give a shit about their stats and it's an easy way to hide that you're cheating by just resetting your stats.

You save $10 by advance pre-ordering their DLC packs, the other perks are pretty much useless.

Hope Planetside 2 doesn't turn out to be disappointing, it looks to be the only true "Battlefield Killer" on the horizon.

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 30, 2012, 20:38 Shok

I'm still Origin free and glad I never bought BF3.  

3. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 30, 2012, 20:35 fawker

I was pretty much over the Battlefield series after 3. Now I am really over it.

Best part of all of this? Still no in-game voip.

Their anti-cheat measures are old and busted, have you even seen the punkbuster page lately? It's the same clunky mess it was 10 years ago! There are a ton of hacks in the game now too. The ignoring it isn't helping matters at all.

EDIT:

What's this .. priority queing into battlefield servers? What the hell? This is going to make a lot of people mad. I wonder if it's just the EA servers.

This comment was edited on May 30, 2012, 20:41.

2. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 30, 2012, 20:25 Wash Washburne

Soooo......:

--->Battlefield Premium, a service which will give players access to Battlefield 3 DLC, weapons, skins, dog tags, and more. The service will retail at $50, which will be a one time fee. Battlefield Premium will include all of the released and upcoming DLC, including:

Back To Karkand
Close Quarters
Armored Kill
Aftermath
End Game

In addition to the DLC, Battlefield Premium for Battlefield 3 includes the following features:

20 maps
20 new weapons
10+ new vehicles
4 new game modes
30+ assignments
Two weeks early access to DLC
Unique in-game knife, dog tags, and camos
Unique weapon camos
Stats reset feature
Save up to five Battlelog reports
5+ unique assignments
Exclusive double XP weekends
Exclusive videos and strategy guides<-----

Maybe I'm missing something here but, $50 is the price for a brand new release, give er take. Not DLC...

So they made some maps, some new models and some other cosmetic touch ups... also they didn't have to make the game from scratch, so $50 F'ing Dollars!!?!? Really??? Back in the day same DLC would be $15-25 tops. That's bloody silly. You guys can take this DLC and your useless Origin and shove them deep up your ass!

If we only had MOD TooLs....

1. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 30, 2012, 20:19 RailWizard

I knew when EA bought DICE it was the beggining of the end for Battlefield. Sad to see it happen.  

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo