Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week?

EA tweets a confirmation of indications of plans for Battlefield 3 Premium, saying more details are coming on June 4th. No need to wait, however, as BF3Blog has details, saying this will include the all the previous and upcoming DLC for the military shooter sequel as well as new maps, weapons, vehicles, and more. According to their fact sheet this will be released on June 4th for USD $50.00.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

52. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? Jun 6, 2012, 10:24 Ant

ColoradoHoudini wrote on May 31, 2012, 23:19:
Dmitri_M wrote on May 31, 2012, 12:35:
Oh if only this could be modded.

I had to explain PC modding to my gaming, 22 year old coworker today, based on a conversation around this very title. i spun tales about how we, the community, used to be able to mod games, and make our own maps and how some games/sub-genres of games existed because of the modding world.. all the good we did, and how the greedy machine has tried to take that away from us.
Wht did the cworoker say after that? Didn't care?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? Jun 2, 2012, 09:02 Sepharo

Verno wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 12:02:
RailWizard wrote on May 31, 2012, 20:18:
Wrong again. It was about dividing the community. Keep trying though.

Err, I don't really recall anyone making a big fuss about that back then on planet battlefield or the other BF community sites. Where was this big petition or whatever? I recall most people liking Road to Rome and stuff like that, unfortunately the Wake demo servers were so popular that it was hard for them to get any traction.

Played 1942 and DC like a fiend but never even considered buying Road to Rome or Secret Weapons. My guess is that there were very few servers for those... Possibly constantly populated but still not enough players for hundreds of thriving servers. And I would assume the majority of mods would purposely not require the expansions.

50. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? Jun 1, 2012, 12:02 Verno

RailWizard wrote on May 31, 2012, 20:18:

Err, I don't really recall anyone making a big fuss about that back then on planet battlefield or the other BF community sites. Where was this big petition or whatever? I recall most people liking Road to Rome and stuff like that, unfortunately the Wake demo servers were so popular that it was hard for them to get any traction.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

49. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 23:19 ColoradoHoudini

I had to explain PC modding to my gaming, 22 year old coworker today, based on a conversation around this very title. i spun tales about how we, the community, used to be able to mod games, and make our own maps and how some games/sub-genres of games existed because of the modding world.. all the good we did, and how the greedy machine has tried to take that away from us.

48. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 20:18 RailWizard

Bhruic wrote on May 31, 2012, 16:09:
RailWizard wrote on May 31, 2012, 13:09:
Stopped here as you are wrong. I distinctly remember a large amount of bitching and pleas to boycott over expansions going all the back to bf1942. This made more sense back then as there was a thriving mod community, unlike now.

Obviously you were not around back then, or were blissfully unaware.

Well, that's a rather significant exaggeration. It wasn't the fact that there were expansion packs that people had a problem with, it's that there was still a significant number of bugs in the game that hadn't been addressed. People felt like they were getting hit up for more money when they hadn't fully supported the product(s) they'd already bought. It had nothing to do with the mod community, thriving or otherwise.

That's still a (somewhat) valid complaint about DLC today. But that's true regardless of what it's called.

47. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 16:09 Bhruic

RailWizard wrote on May 31, 2012, 13:09:
Stopped here as you are wrong. I distinctly remember a large amount of bitching and pleas to boycott over expansions going all the back to bf1942. This made more sense back then as there was a thriving mod community, unlike now.

Well, that's a rather significant exaggeration. It wasn't the fact that there were expansion packs that people had a problem with, it's that there was still a significant number of bugs in the game that hadn't been addressed. People felt like they were getting hit up for more money when they hadn't fully supported the product(s) they'd already bought. It had nothing to do with the mod community, thriving or otherwise.

That's still a (somewhat) valid complaint about DLC today. But that's true regardless of what it's called.

46. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 15:07 Dev

Chromius wrote on May 31, 2012, 09:27:
All that focus on DLC's and no focus on Anti-cheat which is worse than most people realize, as the good cheaters play the hack so they appear skilled and not as obvious hacks. Clans with one so-so hacker can alter an existing hack and never get caught due to it being slightly altered and never released mainstream. I only play Hardcore and its obvious that people can bypass the hardcore settings.
Its even worse, because with the ability to reset stats to make it less obvious they cheat, they basically are saying "hey hackerz, we don't care if you hackz we just want another $50 off of you to help you do it, kthx"

45. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 15:04 deqer

Nah, the selfish corporations would rather keep the tools to themselves and force DLC stuff on you for $

44. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 13:09 RailWizard

Bhruic wrote on May 31, 2012, 02:01:

There was a time when a large number of games ended up with expansion packs. No one (or at least very few people) had a problem with expansion packs.

43. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 12:35 Dmitri_M

42. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 11:12 Karl

People still play this game? I was a hardcore player but after a good month of playing, just running around with no purpose in a map randomly shooting people for no reason and then all of a sudden a screen pops up "Your Team Lost" or "Your Team Won" gets pretty stale. Why you would pay for more of this is beyond me. Great engine, arguably best FPS graphics out there, but the game play just doesn't capture the glory days of BF1942 or warrant continued play.  

41. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 10:33 Verno

DaZ wrote on May 31, 2012, 10:24:
Yay, someone actually has sense and did the math! If you are into bf3 and were intending on getting all the dlc's then this a FANTASTIC deal, all the fluff on top is just icing on the cake.

People just see the EA name and automatically think they are going to get shafted, which honestly is the case most of the time. Here they are actually putting together a good package that saves you money.

It's only a good deal if the content is any good which is far from a given. The best content this game has seen so far has been maps from the previous Battlefield game which is pretty telling.

40. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 10:31 necrosis

DaZ wrote on May 31, 2012, 10:24:
Rea1One wrote on May 30, 2012, 22:21:
I've already got Back To Karkand DLC but this is a pretty worthy deal.

$120 bucks worth of 5 x DLC for only $50 is good.

Yay, someone actually has sense and did the math! If you are into bf3 and were intending on getting all the dlc's then this a FANTASTIC deal, all the fluff on top is just icing on the cake.

People just see the EA name and automatically think they are going to get shafted, which honestly is the case most of the time. Here they are actually putting together a good package that saves you money.
Nevermind the fact that the map packs are stupidly overpriced to begin with.

So tell me how this is a "FANTASTIC deal"?

39. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 10:24 DaZ

Rea1One wrote on May 30, 2012, 22:21:
I've already got Back To Karkand DLC but this is a pretty worthy deal.

$120 bucks worth of 5 x DLC for only $50 is good.

38. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 10:05 SXO

Forget the price, forget the amount of the content, the real travesty with "DLC" for BF3 is the fragmentation of the online community. Has everyone forgotten how EA boasted of "free map packs" back when Bad Company 2 was released, and how they learned that charging for map packs divides the player base into the haves and have-nots? Then they turn around and lay down DLC plans for BF3 that goes exactly counter to those statements, only this time they throw in a few pointless weapons (how different are they really going to be?) and some vehicles in order to classify the DLC as "expansions."  

37. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 09:49 Verno

Yeah what really bugs me about the anti-cheat stuff is that they claimed they were going to finally fix it in that last big patch by updating the netcode. Never happened, all of the cheats still function and continue to be more widespread. People have also gotten clever about not being obvious with them, there was a video on youtube a few weeks ago of some guy using a multi-hack that lets you see when other players are targeting you. He went onto a 64p server and found something like 10 people kept continually targeting him from across the map, not accidental mind you, actively following him without any line of sight.

I can still do well despite the cheaters but it would be nice if they gave the slightest shit about stopping that stuff.

36. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 09:27 Chromius

All that focus on DLC's and no focus on Anti-cheat which is worse than most people realize, as the good cheaters play the hack so they appear skilled and not as obvious hacks. Clans with one so-so hacker can alter an existing hack and never get caught due to it being slightly altered and never released mainstream. I only play Hardcore and its obvious that people can bypass the hardcore settings.

I remember CS-S beta playing on the same server all the time wasting the clan members that played there over and over with very few deaths and suddenly one day they all had skills they did not have the day before and when confronted claimed they just gotten used to the new physics, lol. They had obviously converted their CS 1.6 hacks to CS-S.

Since the Dayz mod forced me to figure out Arma 2 all I can say is goodby BF3 and hello Arma 3. I may even jump back into the new CS Global Offensive, but it will most likely get hacked also. The new generation wants everything easy and cheating = winz = skillz.

35. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 09:04 Verno

Sepharo wrote on May 30, 2012, 23:50:
I was planning on buying the Armored expansion for big maps and a more BF BF3. Pending reviews I may still do that, I don't need ALL of the DLC, so good deal or not I'll be passing on the Premium.

Unless I'm forgetting one, BC2's Vietnam is the only DLC I've ever bought individually in my life.

Yeah this is pretty much where I'm at too. I only play like 4 BF3 maps since most of the new ones are chokepoint centric meatgrinders. I can't see myself buying this or any future BF3 content unless they get back to making BF-like experiences again instead of this more infantry oriented approach. There are a ton of obnoxious console FPS games if I ever decide to revisit that market, I played BF games because they had something unique in the scope and scale.

34. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 05:53 Ventura

Is this the version that adds bots back into the game?

Sad thing is, I'd probably buy it if it did :\

33. Re: Battlefield 3 Premium Details; Release Next Week? May 31, 2012, 04:20 Paketep

Yeah, Origin still mandatory, still no LAN support, still no public server files.

Go fuck yourselves, EA. Go fuck yourselves, DICE.

52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo