Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced

The Bethesda Blog announces the DOOM 3 BFG Edition, a bundle of DOOM games for release this year on PCs and consoles. This trailer shows off the project, and here's what they say: "DOOM 3 BFG Edition is the ultimate collection of groundbreaking games that defined the first person shooter. It includes DOOM, DOOM 2, DOOM 3, and DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, as well as the ĎLost Mission.í All DOOM 3 content has been re-mastered for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in stunning 3D for an even more terrifying FPS experience." Nowhere is a Windows edition mentioned, but there is a PC-DVD version among the packages shown at the end.

<

View
90 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

30. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 13:53 Kajetan

RailWizard wrote on May 30, 2012, 13:24:
Mr. Tact wrote on May 30, 2012, 13:18:
Loved 1 & 2 -- 3 was disappointing enough that I didn't get the expansion. I'll think about it...

There was an expansion? lol really?

edit: ah yes, look at that. Completely missed that or don't care enough to remember.
Try it. The addon is way better than the main game. Better gameplay flow. Less boring and predictable "horror" moments, better timing and scripting.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

29. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 13:29 Verno

I would actually get this, I have totally missed out on the id complete pack on Steam whenever its on sale.  

Playing: Far Cry 4, Prison Architect, DriveClub
Watching: Tusk, The Equalizer, The Homesman

28. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 13:28 RailWizard

Beamer wrote on May 30, 2012, 12:44:
Gib007 wrote on May 30, 2012, 12:21:
I'd happily play Doom 3 entirely but only if indeed it works properly in 3D with NVIDIA 3D Vision.

Apparently Carmack has hobbled together a head mounted display and added code for it to D3.

You mean he actually still gives a shit about games? Could've fooled me.

27. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 13:24 RailWizard

Mr. Tact wrote on May 30, 2012, 13:18:
Loved 1 & 2 -- 3 was disappointing enough that I didn't get the expansion. I'll think about it...

There was an expansion? lol really?

edit: ah yes, look at that. Completely missed that or don't care enough to remember.

26. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 13:21 Agent.X7

Bethesda: AHHH! id isn't hot anymore! Quick, milk their old shit for all it's worth! MILK IT!  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

25. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 13:18 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

24. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 13:08 ^Drag0n^

Why would the PC need "remastering?" it already has high resolution textures and models. The 360 and the PS3 were not even out when Doom3 came out, and, as such, did not have native HD support.

Just sayin'

^D^

"Never start a fight, but always finish it."

23. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 13:01 theyarecomingforyou

theglaze wrote on May 30, 2012, 12:55:
A lot of people missed out on this title and I think it will work very well with a controller.
A first person shooter that works well with a controller? That'll be a first.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

22. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 13:00 theyarecomingforyou

I do think it's ridiculous that even though it's coming out on PC they only mention X360 and PS3 in the trailer (aside from the boxes at the end). Companies continue to treat PC users with contempt. The number of times I've seen press releases here that neglect to mention a PC version despite there actually being one is crazy. Fans shouldn't have to demand to know whether there is in fact going to be a PC version - it should be treated with equal prominence.

Saying that, Doom 3 was crap to play through the first time and it's not going to be any better now it looks even more like ass. The expansion was at least a bit more interesting. Still, Doom 3 marked the end of id Software as a respected and innovative developer. Simply adding dynamic lights and making all the environment dark isn't innovation; nor is making all the character models look waxy. HL2 was released late the same year and put D3 to shame.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

21. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 12:55 theglaze

I think Doom 3 makes my top 3 best FPS's ever. I've been hunting down an original Xbox copy for my 360 just last week to, so I'm totally stoked this is being properly re-released for the consoles. A lot of people missed out on this title and I think it will work very well with a controller.  

20. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 12:44 Beamer

Gib007 wrote on May 30, 2012, 12:21:
I'd happily play Doom 3 entirely but only if indeed it works properly in 3D with NVIDIA 3D Vision.

Apparently Carmack has hobbled together a head mounted display and added code for it to D3.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

19. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 12:37 wtf_man

Iurand wrote on May 30, 2012, 12:18:
But they are PC, PS and X360 boxes in last couple seconds of that video.

Yeah, I see them now. I was definitely focused on the bottom looking at logos... and since there isn't a PC-CDROM logo, and the trailer only mentioned 360 and PS3... it is easy to assume that there wasn't going to be a PC version.

Maybe... technically they didn't "remaster" the game for the PC, but added the new levels and the flashlight. (Which is stupid, but who knows what the marketing monkey was thinking)

18. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 12:22 PHJF

Am I the only one who sees a) there are no pitch-black rooms and b) there is no flashlight?  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

17. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 12:21 Gib007

16. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 12:18 Iurand

DrClown wrote on May 30, 2012, 11:12:
Blue wrote on May 30, 2012, 11:11:
DrClown wrote on May 30, 2012, 10:51:

Where is that?

Oh sorry. It's in the press release, not the video. My bad.

But they are PC, PS and X360 boxes in last couple seconds of that video.

15. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 12:00 Beamer

Made for 3D, apparently or partially.  
-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

14. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 11:59 nin

Kajetan wrote on May 30, 2012, 11:50:
MajorD wrote on May 30, 2012, 11:28:
I could be way off base here, but my personal observation/opinion, for whatever that is worth, is that Tim Willits is the major problem with idís lack of creativity and ingenuity.
Why him? Because he is (was) just a good level designer without the proper talent for producing/directing (!) games people expect from id Software?

Hmmm, you might be right ...

I'm not sure where to problem lies, but it seems like they've fallen into a bit of a creative rut...

I've still not played Rage, despite getting in the xmas sale. Every time I go to my steam list, I find something that I hope is better...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 11:50 Kajetan

MajorD wrote on May 30, 2012, 11:28:
I could be way off base here, but my personal observation/opinion, for whatever that is worth, is that Tim Willits is the major problem with idís lack of creativity and ingenuity.
Why him? Because he is (was) just a good level designer without the proper talent for producing/directing (!) games people expect from id Software?

Hmmm, you might be right ...

12. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 11:50 wtf_man

Classic Doom for Doom 3 - E1M1

Yeah... that definitely makes me want to re-install Doom 3.

11. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 11:28 MajorD

nin wrote on May 30, 2012, 10:45:
MajorD wrote on May 30, 2012, 10:37:
How about DOOM BFD Edition? Wink

I agree. How the mighty have fallen...

Yeah, I totally agree; it really is too bad, but look at what John Carmack did for PC Gaming, and gaming in general. His pioneering and knowledge sharing spawned some good game developers and a lot of great games we know, play, and love today. It's like he pioneered the way, but id got stuck in a rut, while veteran and new game developers continued down a far more creative path. I could be way off base here, but my personal observation/opinion, for whatever that is worth, is that Tim Willits is the major problem with idís lack of creativity and ingenuity.

90 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo