Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease

CD Projekt RED sends along this image to tease the new RPG they plan on unveiling at their summer conference tomorrow (no it's not actually summer yet). They offer this invitation: "Join us tomorrow for the live stream on http://facebook.com/thewitcher at 10am Pacific / 1pm Eastern / 5pm GMT." Here's word on plans to unveil this fully: "Hey folks... lots of speculation about what CD Projekt RED and GOG.com will talk about tomorrow during their Summer Conference. One thing's for sure... there will be an announcement about the new AAA RPG in development at the studio."

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 30, 2012, 14:24 nin

"Cyberpunk"

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 30, 2012, 10:26 Slashman

Kajetan wrote on May 30, 2012, 04:03:
Jerykk wrote on May 29, 2012, 23:54:
New Vegas isn't cyberpunk.
But there are no elves and orks

That's what I was thinking of when I said it.

21. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 30, 2012, 04:03 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on May 29, 2012, 23:54:
But there are no elves and orks

20. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 30, 2012, 03:27 Fantaz

A picture says a thousand words...  

19. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 30, 2012, 00:44 space captain

that image is strongly reminiscent of the artwork in the pen and paper "Cyberpunk" game books....  
Go forth, and kill!

18. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 29, 2012, 23:54 Jerykk

Slashman wrote on May 29, 2012, 23:37:
Jerykk wrote on May 29, 2012, 23:12:
Dmitri_M wrote on May 29, 2012, 21:45:
A RPG free of the swords and sorcery mumbo jumbo? Please say it's so. I love anything cyberpunk. Take my money! (it'll be a first - most of these RPG developers have never earned a dime from me, I love RPG game mechanics just can't stand the early afternoon children's tv show storylines).

Deus Ex! And that's pretty much it. Well, I guess EYE could be considered an RPG... kinda. Shadowrun as well, though that came out a while ago. I'm surprised there haven't been more cyberpunk RPGs. It seems like such an appropriate setting. I guess publishers are still fearful of non-fantasy settings.

New Vegas doesn't count?

17. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 29, 2012, 23:37 Slashman

Jerykk wrote on May 29, 2012, 23:12:
A RPG free of the swords and sorcery mumbo jumbo? Please say it's so. I love anything cyberpunk. Take my money! (it'll be a first - most of these RPG developers have never earned a dime from me, I love RPG game mechanics just can't stand the early afternoon children's tv show storylines).

Deus Ex! And that's pretty much it. Well, I guess EYE could be considered an RPG... kinda. Shadowrun as well, though that came out a while ago. I'm surprised there haven't been more cyberpunk RPGs. It seems like such an appropriate setting. I guess publishers are still fearful of non-fantasy settings.

New Vegas doesn't count?

16. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 29, 2012, 23:12 Jerykk

15. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 29, 2012, 21:45 Dmitri_M

Cutter wrote on May 29, 2012, 17:55:
Oh come on. Whilst the flavour of the Westwood game was spot on, it was pretty far from perfect.
You're right Cutter you were immaculately conceived.

14. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 29, 2012, 21:37 dumpy

I doubt they would make a point and click adventure game, the market in 3rd or 1st person rpgs is more profitable.  

13. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 29, 2012, 20:13 Mad Max RW

Slashman wrote on May 29, 2012, 19:18:
If they are using the Witcher 2 engine for this game, then I imagine that it won't be point and click.

Did IQ's drop suddenly around here? Obviously it's not going to be point and click. The point is Westwood's Blade Runner nailed the look and did the whole choices and consequences far better than 99% of actual RPG's. It even had a dozen endings and character randomization few can touch. Do that from the full RPG perspective and it will be amazing.

Go play the game now.

12. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 29, 2012, 19:18 Slashman

If they are using the Witcher 2 engine for this game, then I imagine that it won't be point and click.

But to echo what others have said here, I'm almost sure to love anything from CD Projekt so they can take my money!

11. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 29, 2012, 19:18 mag

I am aaaaaall over a solid cyberpunk RPG. Gimme gimme gimme.  

10. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 29, 2012, 19:14 Mad Max RW

Cutter wrote on May 29, 2012, 17:55:
Mad Max RW wrote on May 29, 2012, 17:44:
A Blade Runner inspired RPG would be amazing. Westwood's adventure game was pretty damn close to perfect, though.

Oh come on. Whilst the flavour of the Westwood game was spot on, it was pretty far from perfect.

Explain. I've played just about every point and click adventure game ever made and Blade Runner remains near the top. Its only glaring weakness was the clunky shooting mechanics. But of course this being the internet there's always somebody who has to start an argument.

9. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 29, 2012, 17:55 Cutter

Mad Max RW wrote on May 29, 2012, 17:44:
A Blade Runner inspired RPG would be amazing. Westwood's adventure game was pretty damn close to perfect, though.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

8. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 29, 2012, 17:44 Mad Max RW

7. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 29, 2012, 16:33 nin

Techie714 wrote on May 29, 2012, 16:11:
Whatever these guys are slinging I'm buying...PERIOD! These guys are the new Bioware when it comes to great RPG games.

Pretty much. And a cyberpunk RPG takes it up another level in interest for me.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 29, 2012, 16:30 Kastagir

Reminds me of some of the concept drawings done by Syd Mead for Blade Runner and other films.  

5. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 29, 2012, 16:20 avianflu

yup certainly a neuromancer thing going with the pic  

4. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 29, 2012, 16:11 Techie714

Whatever these guys are slinging I'm buying...PERIOD! These guys are the new Bioware when it comes to great RPG games.  

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo