Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser

Saying simply: "Step into insanity this E3 as Far Cry 3 takes you into the depths of your psyche in this lawless and disturbed jungle island," Ubisoft has released their E3 teaser trailer for Far Cry 3, paving the way for showing off the shooter sequel at E3, which officially begins a week from today.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 30, 2012, 23:43 siapnar

Wetworks wrote on May 30, 2012, 02:44:
I hope they don't stray from the open world concept of Farcry 2. The trailers I've seen so far have been very linear, it would be a crime to make just another 8hr linear cod clone instead of improving on the flaws of Farcry2.
From all of the videos we've seen, it looks extremely linear with excessive hand-holding.

I love some of the ideas/concepts of this game, but I'm very wary of it's execution

I have projectile dysfunction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 30, 2012, 09:26 Jackplug

SM0k3 wrote on May 30, 2012, 04:19:
I'm not buying it just off the shitty trailer.

You should never buy off what trailers say the game is or the devs.

27. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 30, 2012, 04:19 SM0k3

I'm not buying it just off the shitty trailer.  

26. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 30, 2012, 02:44 Wetworks

I hope they don't stray from the open world concept of Farcry 2. The trailers I've seen so far have been very linear, it would be a crime to make just another 8hr linear cod clone instead of improving on the flaws of Farcry2.  

25. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 29, 2012, 23:53 Sepharo

So Far Cry 3... I heard it's not Diablo 3.

Nobody has mentioned my favorite part of Far Cry 2: Diamond hunting!

24. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 29, 2012, 23:19 Jerykk

But there is no SP in Diablo 3. The whole games ment to be played online connected to servers. It's a Multi player game you can choose to join solo.

1) Diablo 1 and 2 both had completely offline single-player campaigns.
2) There is nothing in Diablo 3 that requires multiple players. The entire campaign can be played through solo without any great challenge.
3) Multiplayer interactions are pretty shallow. This isn't a game that really demands teamwork or provides any scenarios that require it. It's not like Trine or Portal 2 co-op.

Anywho, back on topic, I hope they show some less scripted stuff at E3. Everything they've shown recently has been completely linear and scripted.

This comment was edited on May 29, 2012, 23:54.

23. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 29, 2012, 21:19 Linksil

Marvin T. Martian wrote on May 29, 2012, 19:23:
Bad Dos wrote on May 29, 2012, 19:04:
Marvin T. Martian wrote on May 29, 2012, 18:03:
Agree, but look at all the idiots that purchased Diablo III!!!!!!!!! It only reinforces that type of DRM because the idiots who bought it don't have a f'n clue!

So people that buy a multiplayer game that requires them to connect to servers are idiots according to you?

Nope, not at all! Only those that buy a game that requires you to be online to SP! And those that don't understand what I am implying.

But there is no SP in Diablo 3. The whole games ment to be played online connected to servers. It's a Multi player game you can choose to join solo. Most people that bought the game knew exactly what they were getting. There's a very small group that didn't, but it's nowhere near those that are happy with the game. Why don't you try being more broadminded in view of things, instead of trying to force your way of gaming onto everyone else?

Munching On: Archeage, SAO Vita, Tales of Xallia 1/2.

22. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 29, 2012, 20:31 Bjorn Borg

irrelevant.  

21. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 29, 2012, 20:08 Rattlehead

Marvin T. Martian wrote on May 29, 2012, 19:23:
Agree, but look at all the idiots that purchased Diablo III!!!!!!!!! It only reinforces that type of DRM because the idiots who bought it don't have a f'n clue!

So people that buy a multiplayer game that requires them to connect to servers are idiots according to you?

Nope, not at all! Only those that buy a game that requires you to be online to SP! And those that don't understand what I am implying.
I bought Diablo 3 but I play it only online with my friends, so what does that make me?

20. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 29, 2012, 19:23 Marvin T. Martian

19. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 29, 2012, 19:09 theyarecomingforyou

Longswd wrote on May 29, 2012, 18:16:
My biggest complaint of all was that they gave you silenced weapons but no real way to play a stealth game. NPCs were either always in sight of one another or had patrol routes that pathed by each other and there was no mechanism to move the bodies ala Thief. Consequently, they almost always alerted on seeing the body, rendering the whole point of silenced weapons moot.
I played the game mostly using stealth, so I disagree. It may not have been as well implemented as Deus Ex: Human Revolution but you could easily take a base without altering anyone - especially with the silenced sniper. Even if you were spotted you could run away and circle around, as most areas were quite open. One of the things I liked about FC2 was that you could approach each scenario in a different way - separate people with fire, use stealth, attach explosives to trucks and ram them in, attack with rocket launches, get up close with a machete, etc.

The problem was that there wasn't really anything different to do in the game. You simply drove around and killed everyone you came across. The reason Skyrim works is that there's so much to do - create armour, buy houses, sell merchandise, buy horses, come across random encounters and quests, etc. FC2 tried with the diamond mechanic but it just wasn't substantial enough and was about the only diversion. I'd love to see a Skyrim-style FPS and Fallout 3 doesn't count, as it wasn't about shooting skill and the shooting side was crap. STALKER had inventory and non-hostile NPCs but it again didn't give you as much to do as Oblivion or Skyrim.

PS - For what it's worth I quite enjoyed Dear Esther precisely because it avoided combat altogether. I'm still surprised we don't see many FPS games without combat. Mirror's Edge was a refreshing change. More innovation please!

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

18. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 29, 2012, 19:04 Bad Dos

17. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 29, 2012, 18:16 Longswd

All the foregoing points of fail are valid, esp. the respawning, don't know wtf they were thinking there (clearly, they weren't).

My biggest complaint of all was that they gave you silenced weapons but no real way to play a stealth game. NPCs were either always in sight of one another or had patrol routes that pathed by each other and there was no mechanism to move the bodies ala Thief. Consequently, they almost always alerted on seeing the body, rendering the whole point of silenced weapons moot.

I don't always drink carbonated Mexican rat piss, but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.

16. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 29, 2012, 18:03 Marvin T. Martian

ventry wrote on May 29, 2012, 17:45:
Anybody notice the top of the PC box at the end?
"PC DVD ONLINE"
I wonder if this means always on DRM?
If so.....
NO SALE! I don't give a shit how good it is.

15. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 29, 2012, 17:58 Cutter

ventry wrote on May 29, 2012, 17:45:
"PC DVD ONLINE"
If so.....

Wow, good catch. And yeah, it's online only DRM. No one should be buying this crap regardless.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

14. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 29, 2012, 17:45 ventry

"PC DVD ONLINE"
If so.....

13. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 29, 2012, 17:06 theyarecomingforyou

Rattlehead wrote on May 29, 2012, 16:14:
Far Cry 2 to me was the perfect example of style over substance. Everything looked great, but the game was simply not fun to play. Maybe it got better later on in the game, but from what I played it felt like a chore, and a game should never feel like a chore for
one second. If they can fix the major flaws of the second game then I think the 3rd will definitely be a winner. And if you loved Far Cry 2 then all the more power to you but I just couldn't get into it.
Don't get me wrong, I agree with most of your points. Respawning was stupid, weapons degraded far too quickly and you could never pick up decent ones, and malaria was alright but should have been curable later on. The quests and lack of non-hostile characters were definitely the biggest let downs. However, I think it's unfair to call the setting "dull and empty" - the scenery was one of the main stars of the game. I don't want every minute to be taken up with gunning people down. And the AI was very challenging but made good use of the environment. If you try to run and gun everything then sure, you won't always win - that's part of the appeal. Even on the higher difficulty settings I didn't feel it was cheating. The upgrade system also helped to improve your camouflage, which you obviously wouldn't have come across after just 5hrs.

Far Cry 2 very much reminded me of the STALKER games. They tried to do something different and while they could piss you off at times they were great games. But the last thing I want is developers that innovate being put off and for shitty COD-style singleplayer campaigns to become the norm. Half-Life lead the way with gameplay / narrative and it's sad to see COD taking the genre backwards.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

12. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 29, 2012, 16:57 Zuckuss

Hope its good

This comment was edited on May 29, 2012, 17:03.

11. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 29, 2012, 16:48 MajorD

Creston wrote on May 29, 2012, 16:02:
That has to be the shittiest trailer that's been released in a long, LONG time.

Creston

Yeah, it is pretty lame! I didn't bother watching initially, then your post struck my curiosity; I'm sorry I wasted my time.

10. Re: Far Cry 3 E3 Teaser May 29, 2012, 16:32 Kastagir

Will enemies respawn every 2 minutes like in FarCry 2?  

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo