Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
11. Re: Morning Consolidation May 29, 2012, 20:04 PropheT

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 29, 2012, 18:47:
Meanwhile PCs can easily handle 1080p and many - like myself - already game at 1600p or even 1080p*3. The only thing the new consoles will have going for them is multi-million dollar advertising budgets to snap up exclusive titles, influence reviewers and alter perceptions. The only plus is that next-gen ports will start off at an inherently higher standard.

It's possible, but if Valve's system specs are commonplace everywhere (and no reason to believe they're not) people running over 1080p resolutions only make up about 5% of the PC gamer market. I'm guessing that people with TV's that can handle anything like that are an even lower percentage, so it's more about hitting that point and then making sure that you have enough horsepower to run at a decent framerate once you get there.

The PC has always been better and had more options, it's just not as accessible for a lot of people. The only thing that any of this stuff about the new consoles really tells me is that PC gaming isn't going anywhere any time soon since there will always be people like those of us here that want what the PC offers over the consoles...a dynamic that doesn't sound like it's changing with the next generation.

Previous Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 29, 11:47 Re: Morning Consolidation Wookiestick
  2. May 29, 12:01  Re: Morning Consolidation NegaDeath
  3. May 29, 12:28   Re: Morning Consolidation SpectralMeat
  4. May 29, 12:42   Re: Morning Consolidation peteham
  5. May 29, 13:04   Re: Morning Consolidation killer_roach
  6. May 29, 13:55 Re: Morning Consolidation NegaDeath
  7. May 29, 14:12 Re: Morning Consolidation Smellfinger
  8. May 29, 14:21  Re: Morning Consolidation Beamer
  9. May 29, 18:47 Re: Morning Consolidation theyarecomingforyou
  10. May 29, 19:42  Re: Morning Consolidation killer_roach