Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded

The Kickstarter Page for Carmageddon: Reincarnation has news that this proposed automotive carnage revival has met its $400,000 funding goal with 10 days to spare. This video celebrates the news, expressing shock that this all happened so quickly, and offers a very cheerful wine toast. Thanks nin.

View
34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

34. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 29, 2012, 09:14 Ant

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 28, 2012, 16:45:
Cutter wrote on May 28, 2012, 07:43:
I still have my I76 discs and listen to the funk on them. A new I76 would be a day one purchase for me!
Sadly both working copies of my I76 discs require either a Voodoo card, or a Matrox card. And I can't get any of my voodoo cards to work.
Aren't there 3Dfx emulators/wrappers or something out there? You could play in ugly software mode which I used to do when I played it.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

33. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 29, 2012, 05:15 Jerykk

I'm curious to see if they'll make it to their stretch goal of $600k. They're at $439k as of this post and funding always ramps up significantly right before the deadline, so I think it's do-able.

I'm also curious as to the scope of the first release. Apparently the game will be continually updated with new content and features after the first release. Given the relative short dev cycle and limited funding, I'm guessing the first release will only have one or two maps and maybe 6-8 vehicles. Not a bad start but hopefully they'll be able to give the game the long-term support it needs. They've stated that supporting modders is a high priority to them, which is great because the wealth of user-made vehicles for the previous games really helped their longevity. It would also help compensate for the gaps between the official content updates.

32. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 29, 2012, 01:32 Dev

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 27, 2012, 18:07:
Same. What i have learned from KS. Do your donation at the end. You end up with more goodies than doing it early....
Or do it the other way, pledge early, and at any time until it closes, you can adjust your pledge and reward levels up and down, or even cancel the pledge entirely. You can always adjust it to end up in whatever category you like, and that way you won't get locked out of limited number rewards if you prefer doing more than the minimum.

31. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 22:23 JediPunisher

Jerykk wrote on May 28, 2012, 18:41:
If the vehicle physics in GTA4 are any indication, Rockstar should stay as far away from vehicular combat as possible.

True, Rockstar has some work to do in that department, but they have improved... I thought the vehicle physics in RDR were excellent.
Regardless, if Rockstar made I'77, we'd get a large open world full of hoes and foul language, killer soundtrack, and minigames such as pinball and hide the salami. Thumbsup

This comment was edited on May 28, 2012, 22:40.

30. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 18:41 Jerykk

JediPunisher wrote on May 28, 2012, 17:13:
I still have my I76 discs and listen to the funk on them. A new I76 would be a day one purchase for me!

Rockstar should purchase the rights to I'76... They could make an awesome sequel, GTA with vehicular combat, complete with a groovy 70's soundtrack.

If the vehicle physics in GTA4 are any indication, Rockstar should stay as far away from vehicular combat as possible.

29. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 17:13 JediPunisher

Rockstar should purchase the rights to I'76... They could make an awesome sequel, GTA with vehicular combat, complete with a groovy 70's soundtrack.

28. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 17:08 Ray Ban

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 28, 2012, 16:45:
Sadly both working copies of my I76 discs require either a Voodoo card, or a Matrox card. And I can't get any of my voodoo cards to work.

You could install a Glide Wrapper to emulate the voodoo cards.

"The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!"

27. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 17:05 Dmitri_M

There were understated quiet moments in I76 that I'm not sure current developers could replicate. I don't see a technically high-end vehicular combat game being released today that doesn't feature idiotic criminals (GTA, SR) without a big city setting and cars featuring glowing neon lights in the wheel wells. It's just too easy these days getting fancy.  

26. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 16:45 Mashiki Amiketo

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

25. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 15:41 Trevellian

It was not just a "great singleplayer experience"
I played it online for quite a very long time with many others.
A Player run official AVA (Auto Vigilante Association) was created around the game to hold tournaments and have rulesets and weight classes for tournaments.

If you never played the game online, that is fine. But many of us did. It was a subculture much in the same way that Mechwarrior had online.

Auto Assault was terrible because it was an MMO. Not because it was an Auto Combat game. And it was done poorly.

This comment was edited on May 28, 2012, 15:54.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2

24. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 15:16 jdreyer

Drezden wrote on May 27, 2012, 20:11:
Redline was a wannabe Interstate '76 and I never thought it was nearly as good.

Just give me a true I'76 sequel with weight classes and custom setups like the original. Hell, let Pirahna do it since it looks like they're doing Mechwarrior right. Would make sense seeing as the original ran on the Mechwarrior 2 engine anyway, the game isn't that far from MW, just cars in place of mechs.

Hmm, I76 was a great single player experience, with style and atmosphere. Instead of that you want Piranha to make it an online only, PVP only game? We had a PvP auto combat game MMO a few years ago, Auto Assault, and it failed miserably. To be honest, I'm not sure Piranha will be successful remaking Mechwarrior as an online only, PVP only game either.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

23. Re: metacritic makes my decisions for me May 28, 2012, 11:46 Fantaz

space captain wrote on May 28, 2012, 11:03:
Fantaz wrote on May 28, 2012, 06:21:
No way, Redline was the shittier game. There's still metacritic scores from '99 so you can compare the difference.

i76 metacritic = 80

Rage metacritic = 79

Sims 3 = 86

so what you are saying is that i76 is as good as Rage, but not nearly as good as the Sims 3
yes, Rage was crap

22. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 11:15 Rea1One

JediPunisher wrote on May 27, 2012, 17:33:
I'm more interested in the Tex Murphy Kickstarter...

same here, but I still backed this game too.

21. metacritic makes my decisions for me May 28, 2012, 11:03 space captain

Fantaz wrote on May 28, 2012, 06:21:
No way, Redline was the shittier game. There's still metacritic scores from '99 so you can compare the difference.

i76 metacritic = 80

Rage metacritic = 79

Sims 3 = 86

so what you are saying is that i76 is as good as Rage, but not nearly as good as the Sims 3

Go forth, and kill!

20. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 09:32 deqer

jdreyer wrote on May 27, 2012, 19:00:
deqer wrote on May 27, 2012, 18:26:
jdreyer wrote on May 27, 2012, 15:15:
Heh, this is good news. Loved Carma 2
You must be young, because Carma 1 was the best one.

Heh, I never played the first one. As for being young, Carma came out in '97, while Carma 2 came out '98. The big difference as far as I can tell is that the peds in Carma 1 are all sprites, while in Carma 2 they're 3D objects.
Really? Only 1 year? Hmm.

Carma 1 are all sprites, while in Carma 2 they're 3D objects.
Exactly, because sprites are awesome! Real art with real shading! and it renders fast, of course.

19. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 07:43 Cutter

JediPunisher wrote on May 28, 2012, 05:30:
Just give me a true I'76 sequel with weight classes and custom setups like the original.

YES! We need a true Interstate '76 sequel (I'82 is best forgotten).
Redline is not worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as I'76... that's like comparing Daikatana to Half-Life.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

18. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 06:50 Jerykk

Seems like games that have tried to mix vehicular combat with on-foot combat have generally failed. Interstate '86, Redline, RAGE... one or both of the components always suffers as a result. I'm glad Stainless isn't trying to add any sort of on-foot gameplay to the new Carmageddon.  

17. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 06:44 Gib007

That is very good news indeed. Here's hoping for a massively good and nostalgic experience that's also competitive in 2012/2013.  

16. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 06:21 Fantaz

space captain wrote on May 28, 2012, 04:46:

nah thats bullshit, redline was way better.. i76 was ok but nothing special

15. Re: Carmageddon: Reincarnation Funded May 28, 2012, 05:30 JediPunisher

Just give me a true I'76 sequel with weight classes and custom setups like the original.

YES! We need a true Interstate '76 sequel (I'82 is best forgotten).
Redline is not worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as I'76... that's like comparing Daikatana to Half-Life.

34 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo