Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Collapse of 38 Studios sticks some devs with second mortgage… May 28, 2012, 10:40 eRe4s3r

The funny thing is that this shows again and again that owning a house is pointless waste of money (unless you are renting it out) and not living in it. Nowadays you gotta move where the jobs are, because they sure as hell ain't moving to you. It's even more absurd when you are working, and you are basically spending more time at your job, outside and asleep, than actually enjoying living in your own house. The 2 days (at best) on weekends do not compensate for the 4-5 hours a day you actually get to LIVE in that house.

Makes you wonder who's agenda this "build a house, it's the 'American Dream' " was.... because only ones i see profiting from this are banks who get a steady stream of mortgage payments and people who suffer as soon as their job moves.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Collapse of 38 Studios sticks some devs with second mortgage… May 28, 2012, 02:38 jdreyer

RollinThundr wrote on May 27, 2012, 20:42:
Shouldn't the employees taken some responsibility in making sure their previous homes were actually sold? Rather than just blinding trusting Schilling and company would "take care of it" for them?

I agree it sucks, but this whole age of entitlement and lack of personal responsibility is appalling.

I think the whole idea is to make it easy for everyone to move, and there was probably some power of attorney involved, and maybe even a deed transfer that wasn't complete? There are probably a whole bunch of ways to structure such a deal that would make you think your hands are washed of it.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

2. Re: Collapse of 38 Studios sticks some devs with second mortgage… May 27, 2012, 20:42 RollinThundr

jdreyer wrote on May 27, 2012, 15:43:
Wow, incompetence piles on incompetence. That really sucks for those employees.

Shouldn't the employees taken some responsibility in making sure their previous homes were actually sold? Rather than just blinding trusting Schilling and company would "take care of it" for them?

I agree it sucks, but this whole age of entitlement and lack of personal responsibility is appalling.

1. Collapse of 38 Studios sticks some devs with second mortgage… May 27, 2012, 15:43 jdreyer

Wow, incompetence piles on incompetence. That really sucks for those employees.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo