Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Well our hectic Saturday was awesome. We headed north to hang out with some dear friends and their children (our god-kids), and we had a fun time and a great dinner in the restaurant equivalent of Manstovia. I also had a big breakthrough with the kids, as while MrsBlue is always an instant hit with youngsters, I am more of an acquired taste. Apparently this acquisition process has concluded, and I got to enjoy being showered with a great deal of affection from the kids, which was genuinely heartwarming.

Heartwarming Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Magic Smash Hammer.
Rollercoaster Creator 2.
Links: The history of the U.S. electric grid.
12 Baseball Feats That Only Happened Once.
Science: Astronomers seize last chance in lifetime for Venus Transit.
Fool-the-eye van paintjob.
Media: Indie Game: The Movie. NSFW.
Penguins playing with laserlight. Thanks VideoSift.
South African Handshake.
The Funnies: Brevity.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Out of the Blue- God Parent May 29, 2012, 09:21 Steelcamp

Since they are your god kids...they are your kids also. Have fun dood  
-------------------------------------------
3 billion+ men in the world and my sisters keep going back to the idiots...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2012, 09:17 Ant

jimnms wrote on May 28, 2012, 01:35:
Well thanks to my shitty ISP, my weekend plans were ruined. With the BF3 xp weekend and the Red Orchestra 2 free weekend, I planned to just stay at home and game. I was going to start with RO2, but the SP and tutorials weren't available for the free portions. I didn't want to go in to a new game not knowing what I'm doing and not having played any MP games in a while, so I decided to warm up in BF2. I got a good 2 hours in before losing connection when the cable went down. It only went out for a minute, so I jumped back in. My connection kept going down every 5-10 minutes, so I stopped for an hour or so hoping they'd get done fucking with it. I came back and jumped into another BF3 game, my team was winning and I was in the top 3, and with seconds to go before the round ended I get disconnected again. It sucks that you lose all your progress when you get disconnected. The short outages continued, so I gave up. It's still doing this shit today, so I didn't even get to try RO2.
Can't get another ISP?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 28, 2012, 01:35 jimnms

Well thanks to my shitty ISP, my weekend plans were ruined. With the BF3 xp weekend and the Red Orchestra 2 free weekend, I planned to just stay at home and game. I was going to start with RO2, but the SP and tutorials weren't available for the free portions. I didn't want to go in to a new game not knowing what I'm doing and not having played any MP games in a while, so I decided to warm up in BF2. I got a good 2 hours in before losing connection when the cable went down. It only went out for a minute, so I jumped back in. My connection kept going down every 5-10 minutes, so I stopped for an hour or so hoping they'd get done fucking with it. I came back and jumped into another BF3 game, my team was winning and I was in the top 3, and with seconds to go before the round ended I get disconnected again. It sucks that you lose all your progress when you get disconnected. The short outages continued, so I gave up. It's still doing this shit today, so I didn't even get to try RO2.  

Steam Profile

10. Re: Indie Game: The Movie May 28, 2012, 00:59 nin

Fantaz wrote on May 28, 2012, 00:11:
Indie Game: The Movie! I think they still have screenings playing in select theaters for the next week or two. So make sure you check it out!

They're going to be selling that on Steam, oddly enough. Now if we can just get Fez on there, too.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Indie Game: The Movie May 28, 2012, 00:11 Fantaz

Indie Game: The Movie! I think they still have screenings playing in select theaters for the next week or two. So make sure you check it out!  

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2012, 19:07 jdreyer

The Half Elf wrote on May 27, 2012, 16:27:
Blue if your god-kids are boys, get them lego, if they are girls get them lego too.

Scouts Honor, you'll be the best god-father (or uncle on my case) EVER!

Heh, I just picked up some of the brand new Lord of the Rings Lego sets "for my son." I also got him an Lego Iron Man. Unlike LOTR, he actually knows Iron Man.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2012, 18:30 Sugarman

For some reason my nephew instantly took a liking to me and just loves it when I show up. His mom was telling him that he needed to take a bath and he said he wanted his uncle to give him a bath, I was like "oh no, uncle B doesn't give baths". I still laugh to myself thinking about that.  

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2012, 16:29 Hoop

nin wrote on May 27, 2012, 15:49:
I think he mentioned having to do that a month or two ago, to MrsBlue's relief.
Oh I missed it have'nt been doing anything but major decorating around home over the last two months, still two & a half rooms to go.
Looking forward to checking out some portal2 user maps now that I've finished the computer room.

Um .. Behind you...

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2012, 16:27 The Half Elf

Blue if your god-kids are boys, get them lego, if they are girls get them lego too.

Scouts Honor, you'll be the best god-father (or uncle on my case) EVER!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2012, 15:50 Bill Borre

Think they're trying to bribe you to stay?  

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2012, 15:49 nin

Hoop wrote on May 27, 2012, 14:12:
Have you shaved the beard?
Maybe they just thought Santa had called in on his Summer holiday.

I think he mentioned having to do that a month or two ago, to MrsBlue's relief.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

2. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2012, 15:41 jdreyer

I got to enjoy being showered with a great deal of affection from the kids, which was genuinely heartwarming

Just tell them to call you Uncle Blue!

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

1. Re: Out of the Blue May 27, 2012, 14:12 Hoop

Have you shaved the beard?
Maybe they just thought Santa had called in on his Summer holiday.

Um .. Behind you...

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo