Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched

This forum post outlines all the changes in a new patch that's now automatically available for EYE Divine Cybermancy, updating this first-person action/RPG/shooter to version 1.3. The change list is quite lengthy, and it kicks off with this overview:

A new update/patch has been released for E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy. One of the new features is a completely new setup panel for the artificial intelligence. As for the major issues, the characters? resets and deletions have been fixed; we also heavily modified the respawn systems for the players and especially the NPC, so they don't feel like they appear out of thin air behind players? backs or magically spawn anymore. We also resolved various exploits.

We strongly recommend you to start a new game from the beginning with a new character in order to enjoy the various changes and the deletion of many bugs in the best way possible.

We apologize for releasing this update belatedly, for having left the Christmas achievements and features hanging for so long, but we wanted to fix several critical bugs and to modify so many things.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

13. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 22:00 PHJF

The maps and missions are rather simple, but the RPG elements and skills are fairly vast convoluted and complex inscrutable.

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 21:32 Jerykk

From what I've seen and read, the problem with the game isn't the UI or complexity. It's the level design. You're basically just thrown into a map and given a few generic and seemingly random objectives. It's like they put a lot of thought into the game's systems but not a lot of thought into making interesting missions.  

11. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 21:30 Mad Max RW

Once you figure out how the game works you'll wish the new Deus Ex was more like it. The freedom you have to do whatever you want in such a cool and batshit crazy setting is unmatched.  

10. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 20:57 Bumpy

I think the biggest issue is this plays more like a sandbox, creative shooter when people are expecting it to be a more hold my hand, linear experience like they have been brainwashed with over the last 10 years. The maps and missions are rather simple, but the RPG elements and skills are fairly vast and complex.

It takes a decent bit of time to figure out how the game works and plays. Took me about 5 hours to really get the hang of things.

Also, EYE's very lacking simple video tutorials are a nice universal idea but they lack much needed depth of info on stats and how the games mechanics work together.

In short, one must like to learn, experiment and figure out things to enjoy this game.

9. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 19:54 Prez

I had forgotten all about this game. I started a session after buying it at release, found it was more complicated than I was expecting (or in the mood for at the time) and tabled it for a day when I was in the mood for more depth and never went back.

That they put a patch out after so long makes me feel obligated to at least give it an honest chance now.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

8. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 19:45 Slashman

I think the problem is that its based on a table-top RPG that no one really knows about and has a bunch of things setup that build on that premise. The player has a hard time understanding what the heck is going on or relating to it.

I don't know if I'd say it was awful, but it does try to do too much without appropriately setting up story, context and introducing gameplay features.

It also doesn't help that it's not done by folks whose first language is English. Although I guess you could also say that's no excuse when you look at CD Projekt.

7. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 19:09 PHJF

I put a couple dozen hours into this game because I had nothing else to do at the time. It was a pretty awful game, all things considered.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 18:38 Frijoles

Same here. I put 2 hours in to it according to Steam. Just seemed overly complicated. And a shitton of walking through vast empty areas to get anywhere.  

5. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 18:05 ELITE

Problem with me is this game is too cryptic...
Tons of text to read to get into the story line and too much lingo that is just too much made up BS.

I tried to play this for hours but it was just too blah - they put a lot of work into it - but it's just simply not fun and that's alone or with friends...

4. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 17:36 Bumpy

You guys are nuts, this game including the UI is truly PC craftsmanship to its core. For the non-weak minded that take the time to learn the game, it has excellent depth. You have to think and shoot, and often quickly to stay alive. Many different way to go about getting tasks done.

Patch is very welcome and a surprise. Figured they gave up on the game a while ago.

3. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 15:32 Frijoles

A game with a UI made by a blind man.  

2. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 14:21 deqer

RaZ0r took the exact words out of my mouth.  

1. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 14:13 RaZ0r!

Is this the patch that makes the game fun?

(Sorry couldn't resist a classic remark. I honestly haven't truly tried to play this game since I picked it up on sale, sounds like this would be a good time to try it again.)

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo