Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched

This forum post outlines all the changes in a new patch that's now automatically available for EYE Divine Cybermancy, updating this first-person action/RPG/shooter to version 1.3. The change list is quite lengthy, and it kicks off with this overview:

A new update/patch has been released for E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy. One of the new features is a completely new setup panel for the artificial intelligence. As for the major issues, the characters? resets and deletions have been fixed; we also heavily modified the respawn systems for the players and especially the NPC, so they don't feel like they appear out of thin air behind players? backs or magically spawn anymore. We also resolved various exploits.

We strongly recommend you to start a new game from the beginning with a new character in order to enjoy the various changes and the deletion of many bugs in the best way possible.

We apologize for releasing this update belatedly, for having left the Christmas achievements and features hanging for so long, but we wanted to fix several critical bugs and to modify so many things.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

33. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 28, 2012, 07:07 Zoom

Its gameplay is indeed what the next Deus Ex should have been. The references are multiple..
I am disappointed at the comments here, finally you people deserve the consolized corridor shooters that you seem to complain about. Go play CoD:whatever.
For my part i loved the real hardcore gameplay, the open sandbox style, the mutliple level of consciousness story, and was a bit disappointed by the simplistic (and sometimes repetitive) mission objectives, and disappointed by the very basic inventory system.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 23:47 Slashman

reisub wrote on May 27, 2012, 13:48:
Slashman wrote on May 26, 2012, 22:15:
...the problem is that these guys are French...
Harsh.

Dude...I totally see what you did there!

eRe4s3r wrote on May 27, 2012, 21:19:
Failing as in "broken ass game with flawed gameplay concepts" so ..sure.. SOTS2 didn't fail financially either, it's still a fail though. Actually.. you do know that nowadays a FAIL is not remotely related to financial success right?

Like you not getting my repeated hints that I am joking (at least related to Language issues), that's epic fail. How many more smiles does it take to make that more apparent?

It is, no matter whether you think I am trolling, a bad game. It is insane, but it is not good or memorable. It also most gibberish. ^^

I think we get that you don't like it, but not everyone hated it. And it seems to have sold reasonably well. The fact that it's not some super-marketed 'AAA' title would seem to suggest that some folks found the game enjoyable.

I'm curious to see if they do something better with their next game.

31. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 22:43 MrBone

Start a new character...hahahaha!!!  

30. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 21:19 eRe4s3r

Failing as in "broken ass game with flawed gameplay concepts" so ..sure.. SOTS2 didn't fail financially either, it's still a fail though. Actually.. you do know that nowadays a FAIL is not remotely related to financial success right?

Like you not getting my repeated hints that I am joking (at least related to Language issues), that's epic fail. How many more smiles does it take to make that more apparent?

It is, no matter whether you think I am trolling, a bad game. It is insane, but it is not good or memorable. It also most gibberish. ^^

29. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 15:49 Mad Max RW

Slashman wrote on May 27, 2012, 13:10:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 27, 2012, 12:24:
obviously indeed

All this talk about a failed cyberpunk game makes me want to replay Deus EX HR.. so let me get to that instead ;p At least that is not incoherent gibberish ^^

Did it actually fail? I never heard them say that they didn't recoup development costs or make any money off it. And they are still patching it so...

Its got more recommends than Tropico on Steam so I dunno. It may just appeal to a niche audience.

That's just it, EYE didn't fail. In fact, they made enough money to buy their own fully furnished studio as well as funding for a new project while remaining completely independent. The only failure was eRe4s3r's trolling.

28. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 13:48 reisub

...the problem is that these guys are French...
Harsh.

Personally I blasted through it with two friends, probably missed most of it, and said to myself I'd go back one day to get a better taste. I've yet to do so though and, even though I *did* enjoy the first run through, I'm not sure I ever will. The missions weren't anything that would grab you and I'd say the best thing it had going for it was its batshit insanity.

27. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 13:10 Slashman

obviously indeed

All this talk about a failed cyberpunk game makes me want to replay Deus EX HR.. so let me get to that instead ;p At least that is not incoherent gibberish ^^

Did it actually fail? I never heard them say that they didn't recoup development costs or make any money off it. And they are still patching it so...

Its got more recommends than Tropico on Steam so I dunno. It may just appeal to a niche audience.

26. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 12:35 Mad Max RW

obviously indeed

Good for you. I hope you enjoy it.

25. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 12:24 eRe4s3r

obviously indeed

24. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 12:11 Mad Max RW

eRe4s3r wrote on May 27, 2012, 11:28:
Ah that would explain this press release then, I must be in a dream What a weird dream.. why am I posting here in my dream? Gah! Bah... get o......

Yes, because I was obviously talking about the press release...

23. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 11:28 eRe4s3r

Ah that would explain this press release then, I must be in a dream What a weird dream.. why am I posting here in my dream? Gah! Bah... get o......  

22. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 11:18 Mad Max RW

In their defense of its weird English translation, the story takes place inside an actual dream where language (specifically written) would be garbled nonsense. I can't promise anybody you will like the game, but if you take the time to learn the mechanics there's a better chance you will love EYE like I did. It took me a few days to wrap my head around it, but once everything clicked it became my favorite of 2011.  

21. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 11:16 Slashman

eRe4s3r wrote on May 27, 2012, 10:14:
Well Day-Z is a mod so I don't really care, but EYE is sold as a game and to me a game has to be fun and If they sell it in English, it better be proper English. ^^

Even their "press releases" has broken English.. what the heck

Yeah...its true that they suffer from a lack of decent English language people on their team. Still, the game has over 4000 recommends on Steam, so at least some folks are finding some entertainment value from it.

I personally found it entertaining enough that I didn't feel like I wasted the $10 I spent on it when I picked it up on sale.

20. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 10:14 eRe4s3r

Well Day-Z is a mod so I don't really care, but EYE is sold as a game and to me a game has to be fun and If they sell it in English, it better be proper English. ^^

Even their "press releases" has broken English.. what the heck

19. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 09:32 Slashman

Burrito of Peace wrote on May 27, 2012, 07:34:
If that much time has to be spent trying to tell people how to play the game and not why they should play the game, your design has failed miserably.

One person enjoying the idiosyncratic esoterica of a game while many more finding it obtuse at best (from what I have read here and elsewhere) doesn't make it subtle or clever.

Actually, the problem is more that they didn't tell people how to play the game. I figure you'd play the game because you like shooters that aren't just the usual military fare.

I'm not defending it exactly, I just don't think its quite so bad once you get used to it. Maybe with a decent English translation and a larger team, they might make a better sequel. Anyway, its cheap and indie, so anyone can pick it up on sale and judge for themselves.

18. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 08:39 Bumpy

eRe4s3r wrote on May 27, 2012, 08:24:
It doesn't help that the game has not a single reward based gameplay system, it's all punishment. Heck, the fact you can die from health packs and gain stat debuffs from dieing (which means your character can actually become entirely unusable) is not adding to the fun, but just padding a terribly short and broken game design idea.

Quick, someone notify the DayZ fans.

17. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 08:24 eRe4s3r

It doesn't help that the game has not a single reward based gameplay system, it's all punishment. Heck, the fact you can die from health packs and gain stat debuffs from dieing (which means your character can actually become entirely unusable) is not adding to the fun, but just padding a terribly short and broken game design idea.

And by the gods, the language used in this game sucks. The English parts suck, every other part sucks. And the invented language sucks. Wasn't there a joke among writers once? The more new words you invent in your story the more it becomes apparent that you have no grasp of your own language.

And this couldn't be more true for this game. One of these games I regret to death to actually have bought. Same as with SOTS2 (7 months still not finished or playable as a final game) and same with Stronghold 3.... bah

16. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 27, 2012, 07:34 Burrito of Peace

If that much time has to be spent trying to tell people how to play the game and not why they should play the game, your design has failed miserably.

One person enjoying the idiosyncratic esoterica of a game while many more finding it obtuse at best (from what I have read here and elsewhere) doesn't make it subtle or clever.

15. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 22:36 Bumpy

PHJF wrote on May 26, 2012, 22:00:
The maps and missions are rather simple, but the RPG elements and skills are fairly vast convoluted and complex inscrutable.

I wouldn't say they are inscrutable. I actually did figure out how things work. It takes a bit of time...but then if I didn't have time I probably would have a different hobby.

I like the hacking aspects and also the psi powers can be interesting in combat. The fact that you, yourself, can be hacked (and then need to hack yourself to regain control) if you mess up a hack attempt is rather novel.

As I said earlier, the problem is that these guys are French and also using the board game A.V.A to base their game world on, which most of their audience is probably unfamiliar with.

Exactly. This game, though not perfect(hey, its $<10-20 and indie), is VERY well thought out, difficult and deep. It only doesn't make sense cause people don't learn the rules. People complain about things that happen in the game but these things are most of the time purposely designed in the game. 1 example I recently learned myself is that you can randomly die from health injection overdose. Sounds crazy but, small as it may be, actually adds to the game.

Here's a link to some great playing tips.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2032816

This comment was edited on May 26, 2012, 22:41.

14. Re: EYE Divine Cybermancy Patched May 26, 2012, 22:15 Slashman

PHJF wrote on May 26, 2012, 22:00:
The maps and missions are rather simple, but the RPG elements and skills are fairly vast convoluted and complex inscrutable.

I wouldn't say they are inscrutable. I actually did figure out how things work. It takes a bit of time...but then if I didn't have time I probably would have a different hobby.

I like the hacking aspects and also the psi powers can be interesting in combat. The fact that you, yourself, can be hacked (and then need to hack yourself to regain control) if you mess up a hack attempt is rather novel.

As I said earlier, the problem is that these guys are French and also using the board game A.V.A to base their game world on, which most of their audience is probably unfamiliar with.

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo