Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Christians... May 29, 2012, 09:53 Ant

My Christian friends and I love Diablo games.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Aeons of the Pleroma May 28, 2012, 10:27 shinchan0s

space captain wrote on May 27, 2012, 14:59:
unfortunately the modern "christianity" is so far removed from the original ideas and practices, mainly due to the obfuscated contextual references of gospels (initially approved for public consumption by the council of nicea) included in the king james version, already retranslated numerous times, and edited for cohesion by the church in the middle ages.. some orginal ideas remained, but have been mostly ignored over the years

I agree as a practicing (sparingly) Catholic myself. A lot of Christians don't know that there were a lot of different branches of Christianity before Rome canonized it. A lot of today's evangelicals seem to have a hard on for the crazy stuff like the Book of Revelations. I personally like the Gnostic texts from Syria-Egypt (Ptolemaic Empire) like "Thunder, Perfect Mind":

For I am the first and the last.

I am the honored one and the scorned one.

I am the whore and the holy one.

I am the wife and the virgin.

I am <the mother> and the daughter.

I am the members of my mother.

I am the barren one
and many are her sons.

I am she whose wedding is great,
and I have not taken a husband.

I am the midwife and she who does not bear.

I am the solace of my labor pains.

I am the bride and the bridegroom,
and it is my husband who begot me.

I am the mother of my father
and the sister of my husband
and he is my offspring.

I am the slave of him who prepared me.

I am the ruler of my offspring.
But he is the one who begot me before the time on a birthday.
And he is my offspring in (due) time,
and my power is from him.

I am the staff of his power in his youth,
and he is the rod of my old age.
And whatever he wills happens to me.

I am the silence that is incomprehensible
and the idea whose remembrance is frequent.

I am the voice whose sound is manifold
and the word whose appearance is multiple.

I am the utterance of my name.

Why, you who hate me, do you love me,
and hate those who love me?

You who deny me, confess me,
and you who confess me, deny me.

You who tell the truth about me, lie about me,
and you who have lied about me, tell the truth about me.

You who know me, be ignorant of me,
and those who have not known me, let them know me.

Modern feminism in MY religion? Mind utterly blown.

4. Re: Aeons of the Pleroma May 28, 2012, 06:04 InBlack

Interesting shit, but shit nonetheless.  

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Aeons of the Pleroma May 27, 2012, 14:59 space captain

unfortunately the modern "christianity" is so far removed from the original ideas and practices, mainly due to the obfuscated contextual references of gospels (initially approved for public consumption by the council of nicea) included in the king james version, already retranslated numerous times, and edited for cohesion by the church in the middle ages.. some orginal ideas remained, but have been mostly ignored over the years
“Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

“Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man at variance against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be those of his own household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

- Matthew, Ch. 10
thats why the "dead sea scrolls" are much more interesting.. being actual christian documents from around 3rd to 4th century AD

Gospel of Thomas:

(75) Jesus said, "Many are standing at the door, but it is the solitary who will enter the bridal chamber."

(29) Jesus said, "If the body came into being because of the soul, it is a wonder. But if the soul came into being because of the body, it is a wonder of wonders. Indeed, I am amazed at how this great wealth has made its home in this poverty."

(39) Jesus said, "The pharisees and the scribes have taken the keys of knowledge (gnosis) and hidden them. They themselves have not entered, nor have they allowed to enter those who wish to. You, however, be as wise as serpents and as innocent as doves."

(50) Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where did you come from?', say to them, 'We came from the light, the place where the light came into being on its own accord and established itself and became manifest through image.' If they say to you, 'Is it you?', say, 'We are its children, we are the elect of the living father.' If they ask you, 'What is the sign of your father in you?', say to them, 'It is movement and repose.'" Yinyang

(60) <They saw> a Samaritan carrying a lamb on his way to Judea. Jesus said to his disciples, "That man is round about the lamb."
They said to him, "So that he may kill it and eat it."
He said to them, "While it is alive, he will not eat it, but only when he has killed it and it has become a corpse."
They said to him, "He cannot do so otherwise."
He said to them, "You too, look for a place for yourself within repose, lest you become a corpse and be eaten."

(11) Jesus said, "This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away. All the dead (elements) are not alive, and the living (elements) will not die. In the days when you used to eat dead (elements), you made them alive. When you are in the light, what will you do then? On the day that you were one, you made two. But when you become two, what will you do then?"

Go forth, and kill!

2. Re: Game Reviews May 27, 2012, 14:25 space captain

just in case you guys wanna know "where the hell did that come from?"

AnointedSword -

I am glad people are countering D3’s storyline, but I do want to add a few words about what some of God’s intensions are for His people. God does not want His people to think lowly of themselves. We must make sure we rightly divide the word and understand who the Word of God is talking about and/or talking to. Many do not want to humble themselves before God. There are some that are not willing to humble themselves at all; theses individuals will never be lifted up to the place where God intended His family (yes, thanks Jesus I consider Yahweh my Father) to live. We must remember that God had a plan and that plan included making us – those who humble ourselves—sons and daughters.

Isaiah 56:5(NKJV)5 Even to them I will give in My house And within My walls a place and a name Better than that of sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name That shall not be cut off.

Romans 8:29–30(NKJV)29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.

Galatians 4:4–7(NKJV)4 But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. 6 And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, “Abba, Father!” 7 Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

Just wanted to add that, we have to preach the whole bible. Even the parts that might seem too good for us! Thank you Father!:)

With that said,@Peter White: You are making some outrageous statements here, please have the maturity to move past general statements and share some sources and be more specific.. Anyone can say anything about anything...

Go forth, and kill!

1. Re: Game Reviews May 27, 2012, 02:03 Kastagir

Diablo III on Christ Centered Gamer
This review was fairly objective if you can get past the strangeness of the reviewer being bothered by the Witch Doctor's lack of clothing - never mind the fact that she's dangling a severed head from one hand.

What I found creepy was the comments. I won't elaborate.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo