Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie

This trailer is a live-action movie promoting Metro: Last Light, the upcoming first-person shooter. The clip is set in 2013 Moscow, which has apparently gone back in time, and sets the stage for the game with scenes of crowds who obviously did not read the Hitchhiker's Guide from the amount of panic they display.

View
14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

14. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 29, 2012, 01:41 Quinn

Jerykk wrote on May 26, 2012, 22:38:
Really wish this took a more open-ended approach to level design ala STALKER. It feels like such a waste to have this interesting setting but not being able to explore it because the game is so linear and scripted.

One of the reasons I liked Metro so much was that it wasn't so open. With games like Fallout and Skyrim comes a certain blandness, and logically so. When I think back on Metro, it's like thinking back on a very intense and memorable movie. While some games suck and bringing that home, like every MoH and CoD game, Metro was a frealing champion. Can't wait to see what this sequel has in store for us!

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 27, 2012, 13:08 Zadig

Really wish this took a more open-ended approach to level design ala STALKER. It feels like such a waste to have this interesting setting but not being able to explore it because the game is so linear and scripted.

Stalker never clicked with me due to too much trial and error, while Metro was too linear. A Russian Fallout was what I was hoping for. Even just letting you revisit the Metro stations and some optional areas to explore would've been nice.

12. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 27, 2012, 01:48 MajorD

Yeah, that would be very cool to be able to explore....

11. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 26, 2012, 22:38 Jerykk

10. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 25, 2012, 19:54 Kitkoan

Marvin T. Martian wrote on May 25, 2012, 16:36:
USA Trailer???
Maybe english subtitles or language would have been nice.

Actual SP in game SP video or link to one would have been nice too.

But if it just another port---no need to purchase.

Subtitles might have been ok, but not language. Metro 2033 was a Russian book and so was based in Russia. It fact, it was one of the things I loved about the game, the Russian accents (even if some where less then stellar).

As for SP, the "20 years later" is in game footage. Not first-person but should help you understand its look

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

9. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 25, 2012, 16:36 Marvin T. Martian

USA Trailer???
Maybe english subtitles or language would have been nice.

Actual SP in game SP video or link to one would have been nice too.

But if it just another port---no need to purchase.

This comment was edited on May 25, 2012, 17:42.

8. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 25, 2012, 16:18 Mad Max RW

necrosis wrote on May 25, 2012, 14:32:
What 3 files do I have to change to fix the FOV? Laugh

Look for the user.cfg file in the following locations:

*** C:\Users\(YOUR COMPUTER-NAME)\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro 2033

\Steam\userdata\36305548\43110\remote

\Steam\steamapps\common\metro 2033

*** for XP users the first location is:
C:\Documents and Settings\Your Name\Local Settings\Application Data\4A Games\Metro 2033

7. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 25, 2012, 15:43 avianflu

very looking forward to this game after that long gameplay video that came out several months ago.  

6. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 25, 2012, 15:28 theyarecomingforyou

Overon wrote on May 25, 2012, 14:43:
I'm all over this game. I loved the first one. It was mostly a corridor shooter but given the scenario, it could not have been done any other way. It was very Half Life like in its story driven nature.
Indeed. Metro 2033 was a great game and I really loved the setting - it's definitely an underrated game. Moving to checkpoints made the game a lot more tense and worked really well. However, as mentioned the quick-time events diminished from the immersion.

It's disappointing that the game has been delayed, especially when it's to add multiplayer - something that isn't really necessary.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou

5. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 25, 2012, 14:43 Overon

I'm all over this game. I loved the first one. It was mostly a corridor shooter but given the scenario, it could not have been done any other way. It was very Half Life like in its story driven nature.  

4. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 25, 2012, 14:32 necrosis

What 3 files do I have to change to fix the FOV? Laugh  

3. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 25, 2012, 12:37 MajorD

Mad Max RW wrote on May 25, 2012, 12:07:
The slow pace didn't bother me. In fact, that was one of the strong suits of Metro's design. The clunky console port vibe the game has ruined the experience for me. Having to edit three obscure config files just to change the default narrow-as-fuck FOV to something playable put a bad taste in my mouth right at the start. Then the frequent quicktime events and in-game cutscenes taking control away from the player was an insult to any PC gamer's intelligence.

Yeah, agreed; if I had to pick something I didn't like, it was the fact that there was too many cut scenes that tended to break the continuity a bit. But, i still think (IMO) it was a good story driven game.

2. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 25, 2012, 12:07 Mad Max RW

MajorD wrote on May 25, 2012, 11:38:
I'm glad to see this is still alive and kicking. Metro 2033 didn't gain the popularity it deserved IMO, as I think a lot of people gave up on it too soon, as it does start out a bit slow.

The slow pace didn't bother me. In fact, that was one of the strong suits of Metro's design. The clunky console port vibe the game has ruined the experience for me. Having to edit three obscure config files just to change the default narrow-as-fuck FOV to something playable put a bad taste in my mouth right at the start. Then the frequent quicktime events and in-game cutscenes taking control away from the player was an insult to any PC gamer's intelligence.

1. Re: Metro: Last Light Live-Action Movie May 25, 2012, 11:38 MajorD

I'm glad to see this is still alive and kicking. Metro 2033 didn't gain the popularity it deserved IMO, as I think a lot of people gave up on it too soon, as it does start out a bit slow.

14 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo