Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

MrsBlue managed to get a flight booked yesterday afternoon, and finally arrived home around 2:00 am this morning. This caps off what has been a stressful week here, which I look forward to putting behind us. Our plans for the weekend, which is Memorial Day in these parts, are still confusing at best, but at least we'll be able to sort through that better now too.

Memorial Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Sands of the Coliseum.
Hanna in a Choppa 2.
Links: Internet Mascot Maru turns Five, Celebrates by Being Cute. Thanks nin.
Stories: Husband Leaves Wife Because Her 550 Cats Kept Stealing His Food. Thanks Devicer.
Science: New RAD Technique Allows DNA Sequences to Switch Back and Forth.
McMaster researchers discover anti-psychotic drug....
Scientists say worst radiation exposures in life happen at doctor’s office.
Follow-up: Dogs’ Genetic Roots Remain Obscure. Thanks j.c.f.

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2012, 15:25 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on May 26, 2012, 13:47:
I'm wondering if that update wasn't supposed to roll out yet. Like it was supposed to go with some DLC, but instead got pushed out by accident early. Or was pushed but wasn't supposed to show up "live" in the game yet...

Well.....maybe the aliens have taken over and they are "coming" and not here yet....so this is a message? I dunno. Anything on the 'nets about it? Haven't had a chance to look into it. The DLC for the whores or whatever came out yesterday or so, maybe they screwed up?

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2012, 13:47 nin

I'm wondering if that update wasn't supposed to roll out yet. Like it was supposed to go with some DLC, but instead got pushed out by accident early. Or was pushed but wasn't supposed to show up "live" in the game yet...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2012, 09:09 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on May 25, 2012, 23:49:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 25, 2012, 21:31:
Nice L4D2 update.
http://store.steampowered.com/news/8071/
Huge SR3 update, with no details in Steam.
MW3 update, with no details in Steam.

Yo Bats, check out the screenshots.

Hang in there HElf. I know it's hard, but keep the faith.

Sweet! Going to fire it up this weekend. hahaha one of the posts in that thread is talking about the update only being on PC - and one guy says
Yeah I tried it
Sucks to be a console gamer right now

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Have fun getting that "update" on the console - have to go through MSFT and probably be treated as a DLC!

I'm confused. Saint's Row has an alien component?

It does now!

This comment was edited on May 26, 2012, 10:38.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2012, 08:04 Mr. Tact

I'm confused. Saint's Row has an alien component?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2012, 00:12 nin

Shit, I just figured it out! Those SR screenshots? One of them says Obey in the corner.

It's a parody of John Carpenter's They Live. Gotta be! The alien face is used on billboards where a human face was earlier. (Also note the one billboard that says "Submit Accept Comply".)

This comment was edited on May 26, 2012, 00:18.

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2012, 23:49 nin

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 25, 2012, 21:31:
Nice L4D2 update.

Yo Bats, check out the screenshots.

Hang in there HElf. I know it's hard, but keep the faith.

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2012, 21:54 Prez

I was orignally going to post about how the NY Rangers are giving me a friggin' heart attack, but after seeing Half-Elf's post...

Best wishes for Half Elf's mom. WAY more important than sports.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2012, 21:31 xXBatmanXx

Nice L4D2 update.

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2012, 21:03 xXBatmanXx

first off HElf - thinking about you bud.

Second - dodged a bullet! Turns out the monitor HDMI input is bad - plugged in a diff LCD and computer works fine! Now....just gotta get an RMA. (I am going on 5 years continuous new LCD panels on warranty for the PC! hahahaha)

C: Gotta get in some D3!

14. Re: Husband Leaves Wife Because Her 550 Cats Kept Stealing His Food. May 25, 2012, 20:47 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on May 25, 2012, 18:38:
I'm here, thanks for the kind words yesterday.
Mom's hemoglobin level's are slowing dropping from a 10 or so to a 9, to a 8.8, so when she hits 8.5 she'll have a blood transfusion.
While she didn't have a straight up heart attack, the drop of hemoglobin mean's she bleeding somewhere internally, and her kidney's are quite ready for the dye's of a CT scan, so they are doing a colonoscopy in the morning with a endoscope in the other end and try to find the cause of the bleeding.
So (sorry for skipping around), when you don't have enough blood to the heart it can cause the effects of a heart attack.

Not out of the woods yet, but have a clearer picture of the edges which is more then we had yesterday.

Keep the faith, man.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2012, 20:47 The Half Elf

Ok there is someone looking out for me.

Mechwarrior Online Closed Beta!

Cutter you get in yet?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2012, 19:09 xXBatmanXx

Husband Leaves Wife Because Her 550 Cats Kept Stealing His Food.

Fuggin disgusting. Even 1 cat is to much. There is a chemical in cat urine and feces that can cause MAJOR health problems. I am sure these 2 are very sick and aren't even aware.

Someone call PETA and the health department.

11. Re: Husband Leaves Wife Because Her 550 Cats Kept Stealing His Food. May 25, 2012, 19:08 WarPig

Fantaz wrote on May 25, 2012, 14:18:
Crazy cat lady...

He's got issues too if it took 550 cats to make him finally leave.

"Honey, 300 cats are great, I mean I like cat urine and feces as much as the next guy, but a couple hundred more and we may have a problem."

GO SEAHAWKS!

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2012, 18:41 Jim

Pigeon wrote on May 25, 2012, 12:14:
English really needs a way to distinguish bass the low frequency tones, and bass the thing that swims around in water. My expectations for this morning's image link were a bit off.

I was thinking ale.

Jim

9. Re: Husband Leaves Wife Because Her 550 Cats Kept Stealing His Food. May 25, 2012, 18:38 The Half Elf

I'm here, thanks for the kind words yesterday.
Mom's hemoglobin level's are slowing dropping from a 10 or so to a 9, to a 8.8, so when she hits 8.5 she'll have a blood transfusion.
While she didn't have a straight up heart attack, the drop of hemoglobin mean's she bleeding somewhere internally, and her kidney's are quite ready for the dye's of a CT scan, so they are doing a colonoscopy in the morning with a endoscope in the other end and try to find the cause of the bleeding.
So (sorry for skipping around), when you don't have enough blood to the heart it can cause the effects of a heart attack.

Not out of the woods yet, but have a clearer picture of the edges which is more then we had yesterday.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

8. Re: Husband Leaves Wife Because Her 550 Cats Kept Stealing His Food. May 25, 2012, 17:50 nin

Any word outta HElf?

7. hard out here for a pimp May 25, 2012, 17:38 space captain

PHJF wrote on May 25, 2012, 15:23:
Eight straight hours of Dragon's Dogma last night and my eyes aren't feeling it at all!

my pawn has pink hair, her name is Cherry

you should... use her ... if you get a chance

Go forth, and kill!

6. Re: Husband Leaves Wife Because Her 550 Cats Kept Stealing His Food. May 25, 2012, 17:36 jdreyer

It wasn't the 550 cats per se, but that he was hungry all the time? Also, says so many cats slept in the bed that he couldn't sleep. Maybe hard to get intimate with that many eyes looking on?  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

5. Re: Husband Leaves Wife Because Her 550 Cats Kept Stealing His Food. May 25, 2012, 15:23 PHJF

Eight straight hours of Dragon's Dogma last night and my eyes aren't feeling it at all!  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

4. Husband Leaves Wife Because Her 550 Cats Kept Stealing His Food. May 25, 2012, 14:18 Fantaz

Crazy cat lady...  

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo