Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches

Electronic Arts announces that Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances has emerged from beta, and this browser-based online strategy game is now live. Here's the deal:

In the game, players are pit against each other and against AI-controlled factions in an intense and strategic battle for territory domination. Gamers spend resources to build bases and strengthen armies before deploying their forces against the enemy, constantly adapting to a dynamic theater of war, where alliances shift and power over territories change constantly. With integrated in-game status and news feeds, players are updated on their allies and enemies, forcing them to strategize, adapt, and react on the spot.

As the first free-to-play, cross-platform MMO strategy game, Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances is the only game to offer true, anytime, anywhere gameplay. In the coming months, the game will feature cloud-saved game data to make it accessible across web browsers and mobile devices. Players can play from their desktop at home, or on the go from their smartphone or tablet.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 29, 2012, 10:03 Ant

So, it's crappy as I expected.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 25, 2012, 09:50 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on May 25, 2012, 08:33:
Yeah but wouldnt it be cool if we had a 'real' C&C game in a F2P browser environment with the dynamic map and all that shit included as a strategic element, but the actual gameplay would be a carbon copy of C&C Tiberum Dawn?
That would be cool indeed. But there is no effin way we will get this officially from EA.

But there is a HTML5 demo using C&C1:
http://www.adityaravishankar.com/projects/games/command-and-conquer/

14. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 25, 2012, 08:33 InBlack

Kajetan wrote on May 25, 2012, 08:10:
InBlack wrote on May 25, 2012, 04:38:
Well id software pulled it off with Quake Online...
Quake Online is nothing more than Quake in a browser. It's still an ultrafast ego shooter. The gameplay was not altered.

This crap however is only your standard browser building game, where you are forced to buy points/ressources/whatever to play the game without waiting for days just to have enough ressources to buy one advanced building or one advanced unit. The C&C universe is just a setting, nothing more. The same game was called "Lords of Ultima", where EA slaughtered the Ultima brand for the exact same boring building/waiting gameplay.

Yeah but wouldnt it be cool if we had a 'real' C&C game in a F2P browser environment with the dynamic map and all that shit included as a strategic element, but the actual gameplay would be a carbon copy of C&C Tiberum Dawn?

This comment was edited on May 25, 2012, 08:42.

I have a nifty blue line!

13. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 25, 2012, 08:26 s1mon75

Jerykk wrote on May 25, 2012, 04:01:
I don't understand why EA is putting any money into this. It's not helping the brand and probably won't generate any meaningful profit. They should just leave the brand alone until Generals 2 comes out and hopefully makes it relevant again.

One Hyphenated word "Micro-Transactions"

To all the Blizz haters who said "D3 was only only successfull because people have been waiting forever for this game, and will buy it only for the name" Remember what you said when this comes out

12. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 25, 2012, 08:10 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on May 25, 2012, 04:38:
Quake Online is nothing more than Quake in a browser. It's still an ultrafast ego shooter. The gameplay was not altered.

This crap however is only your standard browser building game, where you are forced to buy points/ressources/whatever to play the game without waiting for days just to have enough ressources to buy one advanced building or one advanced unit. The C&C universe is just a setting, nothing more. The same game was called "Lords of Ultima", where EA slaughtered the Ultima brand for the exact same boring building/waiting gameplay.

11. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 25, 2012, 05:36 Jackplug

with browser games like Quake Live and other good browser games, you would expect something half decent. Although EA doesnt seem to understand what half decent is, they only know utter shit.  

10. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 25, 2012, 04:38 InBlack

Prez wrote on May 25, 2012, 00:37:
What were you guys REALLY expecting from a F2P browser game? I have to admit I am curious if it managed to be worse than C&C 4 though...

I have a nifty blue line!

9. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 25, 2012, 04:01 Jerykk

I don't understand why EA is putting any money into this. It's not helping the brand and probably won't generate any meaningful profit. They should just leave the brand alone until Generals 2 comes out and hopefully makes it relevant again.  

8. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 25, 2012, 00:37 Prez

What were you guys REALLY expecting from a F2P browser game? I have to admit I am curious if it managed to be worse than C&C 4 though...  

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

7. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 25, 2012, 00:25 SimplyMonk

Keith wrote on May 24, 2012, 23:52:
*sigh* Another CnC game that sucks balls. To add insult to injury, there wasn't even anything for me to delete. That usually makes me feel better when I find I am playing a turd.

You could delete it and its cookies from your browsing history. That might help a little.

6. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 24, 2012, 23:52 Keith

*sigh* Another CnC game that sucks balls. To add insult to injury, there wasn't even anything for me to delete. That usually makes me feel better when I find I am playing a turd.  

5. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 24, 2012, 23:19 LanikTnt

I totally get your comment. I played it religiously for a few weeks, but the waiting on command points is irksome and becomes a level grind pretty quick. I don't miss it.  

4. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 24, 2012, 23:18 MattyC

After the last C&C I have to say .. please EA, just leave this alone.  

3. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 24, 2012, 21:55 Lokust

C&C in name only. This is a terrible excuse for a game, with more in common with farmville than command & conquer.  

2. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 24, 2012, 21:25 Fantaz

haven't heard any news about Ghost Recon Commander, and that seems to be the better Facebook game  

1. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 24, 2012, 21:21 loomy

this game sucks but I've played it a lot because it fills a craving  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo