Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again

Diablo III Website has a post-launch update for Blizzard's MMORPG. This includes news that they "have made the decision to move the launch of the real-money auction house beyond the previously estimated May time frame." They also offer more on security issues. They also discuss hotfixes and plans for a fuller patch next week:

Since the game's launch, we’ve applied a number of hotfixes to address gameplay issues, made tweaks to improve our service stability, and performed occasional server maintenance when necessary to ensure that in the long term, players have the best gameplay experience possible. Moving forward, additional server maintenances will be required -- and sometime next week, we plan to release a game update in the form of a patch that will further address client issues and apply additional bug fixes.

We also wanted to let you know that we're still looking into the best way to address the achievements that some players lost in the hours following the game’s release. While we don't have any concrete details to share with you just yet, we will have more information to share in the weeks ahead. We appreciate everyone's patience as we work to improve stability and usability for all players.

View
63 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

63. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 26, 2012, 13:41 xXBatmanXx

Sepharo wrote on May 26, 2012, 12:35:
Mr. Tact wrote on May 26, 2012, 12:28:
So the equivalent of lottery scratch off tickets except you remove a piece of paper instead of scratching off a covering. Interesting, never heard of them before.

My grandparents play tons of pull tabs when they go to bingo. Inbetween the bingo games people come around and sell "instas". I swear half the appeal is in the "action", they make great popping and ripping noises as you open them up. Also apparently the symbols on them mean jack shit, there's a small indicator somewhere else whether the pull tab was a winner or not.

No, all cards are the same on the outside (depends on the game you are playing, the symbols, etc.) but the winners are obvious with a LINE going through the winning portion, and a yellow star or dot on a corner of the opened area with the dollar amount indicating how much you have won.

I open the middle row first, as you will usually have a high dollar amount going through the middle (not left to right) or you will see multiple lines going through the middle (not biggest winners as those are usually 1 line) and it is damn exciting!

We also do scratch offs, but those aren't as fun.

/oh and the meat raffles are the best! A lot of bars that do bingo will do a meat raffle before or after bingo, and you can play pull tabs throughout.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

62. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 26, 2012, 12:35 Sepharo

Mr. Tact wrote on May 26, 2012, 12:28:
So the equivalent of lottery scratch off tickets except you remove a piece of paper instead of scratching off a covering. Interesting, never heard of them before.

My grandparents play tons of pull tabs when they go to bingo. Inbetween the bingo games people come around and sell "instas". I swear half the appeal is in the "action", they make great popping and ripping noises as you open them up. Also apparently the symbols on them mean jack shit, there's a small indicator somewhere else whether the pull tab was a winner or not.

61. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 26, 2012, 12:28 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

60. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 26, 2012, 12:05 xXBatmanXx

Mr. Tact wrote on May 26, 2012, 11:46:
Pulltabs?

Bar gambling. Usually allowed as it is a non profit fundraiser for local kids sports and fire departments.
http://www.pull-tabs.com/pull-tabs.htm

Also known as paper crack.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pull-tab

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

59. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 26, 2012, 11:46 Mr. Tact

Pulltabs?  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

58. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 26, 2012, 11:09 xXBatmanXx

Fion wrote on May 26, 2012, 01:51:
RMAH delayed again? I'm starting to think Blizz is going 'oh shit, all this account hacking.. it's only going to get worse with the RMAH as those hackers start making $$ hand over first with the shit they've stolen by selling it on Blizzards own marketplace. Win win."

As to the game itself, it's solid. A week and a half out and I'm already growing bored. Nightmare is completely broke, Hell not much better. The story is really short and pretty 'meh' accept a few plot twists, etc.

Although this might be GW2 beta withdrawals speaking.

Was just chatting with a co-worker about the game, he had played d1 and d2 a ton back in the day, and really wants to get it. And I realized....Diablo is like pulltabs. Once you beat it, there isn't really a reason to keep playing...but we do! I spend 20.00 on pulltabs, win a few hundred, but I keep playing! WHY DO I DO THAT!?

Diablo is pulltabs.

57. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 26, 2012, 01:51 Fion

RMAH delayed again? I'm starting to think Blizz is going 'oh shit, all this account hacking.. it's only going to get worse with the RMAH as those hackers start making $$ hand over first with the shit they've stolen by selling it on Blizzards own marketplace. Win win."

As to the game itself, it's solid. A week and a half out and I'm already growing bored. Nightmare is completely broke, Hell not much better. The story is really short and pretty 'meh' accept a few plot twists, etc.

Although this might be GW2 beta withdrawals speaking.

This comment was edited on May 26, 2012, 02:05.

56. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 21:45 xXBatmanXx

Update to game/launcher today...anyone have news on that?  

55. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 15:14 Bhruic

Optional nickname wrote on May 25, 2012, 14:19:
Verno wrote on May 25, 2012, 10:44:

You see this stuff on the AH because people are getting it to drop and that's just the stuff they decide to sell.

You see this stuff on the RMAH because BLIZZARD and ACTIVISION are CRAFTING and POSTING ITEMS and that's just the stuff they decide to sell. - FTFY

Before you go all conspiracy theory on how Blizzard and Activision are gaming the RMAH, you might want to read the story headline about how the RMAH hasn't been launched yet.

54. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 14:32 Verno

The RMAH isn't going to be open any time soon dude, they are having enough problems just getting the gold AH to function in prime time.  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

53. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 14:19 Optional nickname

You see this stuff on the AH because people are getting it to drop and that's just the stuff they decide to sell.

You see this stuff on the RMAH because BLIZZARD and ACTIVISION are CRAFTING and POSTING ITEMS and that's just the stuff they decide to sell. - FTFY

52. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 13:22 AngelicPenguin

Alamar wrote on May 25, 2012, 12:59:
Verno wrote on May 25, 2012, 11:44:
(Randomly shoot out exploding chickens that peck the enemy and then explode for AE fire damage)

I would like to second this 'nomination'... : )

-Alamar

Perhaps instead of fire damage it could be poultry damage. Opens up a whole new set of monster resistances that way.

51. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 12:59 Alamar

Verno wrote on May 25, 2012, 11:44:
(Randomly shoot out exploding chickens that peck the enemy and then explode for AE fire damage)

I would like to second this 'nomination'... : )

-Alamar

50. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 11:44 Ozmodan

Not sure what the need for the real money auction house is, I have yet to see an elite of any equipment, making them far rarer than you find in Diablo I or II.  

49. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 11:44 Verno

AngelicPenguin wrote on May 25, 2012, 11:24:
Is the gem thing just a flexibility thing? Obviously you are getting elemental modifiers, but you'd like to have more control?
Wasn't poison damage always blah in D2 BECAUSE it was DOT? Again, its been a while
What is a cast on ability?
Others make sense, and thanks for that.

No worries man. Not sure why they made the gem restrictions this time around, they never really provided any reasoning for it. Cast on abilities are things are mostly procs, stuff like 1.5% chance to blind on hit and so on. Most are so incredibly low that they are undesirable and dilute the roll for that item. DoT stuff becomes pretty important in Hell/Inferno as you have to kite more and things dont just get owned when you breath on them.

Some people have done way more detailed write ups on the loot tables, modifiers and issues, I'll try to dig some up at lunch. To quote some other guy and kinda sum it up though:

They need, with no exaggeration, at least 10 times more unique item traits than what they have. Inferno items should be like:

-Damage
-Core Stats (Str, Int, Vit, Dex)
-Secondary Stats (Resist, Crit, Attack Speed, Crit Damage)
-Cool Stat (Ability Modifiers, Run Speed, Procs, Poison cloud aura, snare aura)
-Uniquely Cool Stat reserved for legendaries/uniques/whatever (Randomly shoot out exploding chickens that peck the enemy and then explode for AE fire damage)

This comment was edited on May 25, 2012, 11:50.

48. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 11:24 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on May 25, 2012, 11:09:
I played a decent amount of D2 (got multiple characters through hell) but never grinded for loot, so maybe I'm just forgetting. What sort of loot was in D2 that we are missing from D3? I am just looking for some specific examples.

If you want a specific loot list comparison I'd have to go dig up some items. I can give you the gist of what some people are saying and a few of my own issues, there are some large threads on the b.net forums with more in depth details and comparisons:

- elemental modifiers from gems are now rolled into items
- Things like poison damage are implemented into straight damage instead of DoTs
- Set item bonuses are mostly incremental (2% to health, etc) and most people don't wear set items without perfect rolls on the stat distro as they don't compare favorably to same level blue/rare loot
- Higher chance to cast on abilities
- Lack of more interesting ability modifiers like teleport, faster hit recovery and so on.
- Items that add to skills/runes
- Some ilvl drop issues between acts/difficulties (big gap between Hell/Inferno gear drops for example)

Luckily all of this stuff is easily fixed up as loot table additions aren't a difficult thing. It becomes much more apparent once you hit 60 and start doing the latter parts of Hell.

Is the gem thing just a flexibility thing? Obviously you are getting elemental modifiers, but you'd like to have more control?
Wasn't poison damage always blah in D2 BECAUSE it was DOT? Again, its been a while
What is a cast on ability?
Others make sense, and thanks for that.

47. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 11:09 Verno

I played a decent amount of D2 (got multiple characters through hell) but never grinded for loot, so maybe I'm just forgetting. What sort of loot was in D2 that we are missing from D3? I am just looking for some specific examples.

If you want a specific loot list comparison I'd have to go dig up some items. I can give you the gist of what some people are saying and a few of my own issues, there are some large threads on the b.net forums with more in depth details and comparisons:

- elemental modifiers from gems are now rolled into items
- Things like poison damage are implemented into straight damage instead of DoTs
- Set item bonuses are mostly incremental (2% to health, etc) and most people don't wear set items without perfect rolls on the stat distro as they don't compare favorably to same level blue/rare loot
- Higher chance to cast on abilities
- Lack of more interesting ability modifiers like teleport, immunities, faster hit recovery and so on.
- Items that add to skills/runes
- Some ilvl drop issues between acts/difficulties (big gap between Hell/Inferno gear drops for example)
- No item customization outside of gems (such as runewords, rerolling stats through cube, etc)
- Legendaries/Uniques/Sets need a higher weight roll in general, many blues of equal levels are more desirable
- No diamonds/skulls?!

Luckily all of this stuff is easily fixed up as loot table additions aren't a difficult thing. It becomes much more apparent once you hit 60 and start doing the latter parts of Hell.

This comment was edited on May 25, 2012, 11:23.

46. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 11:08 RailWizard

For the love of all thing holy/unholy....error 3007 better get fixed.

I am a prisoner of general chat. Subjected to idiocy and gold spammers every minute of my play time. The block list is not big enough to block a whole room either.

I would settle for a chat tab, or two...

45. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 10:55 AngelicPenguin

It is Blizz. Again, the game has been out a week. They will level everything out. The drops are happening, just not at the rate which people WANT. Big whoop. I see damn near EVERYTHING on the auction house - so they are out there, just not at the %s people want. The game is less than 10 days old....give it time people. sheesh.

You see this stuff on the AH because people are getting it to drop and that's just the stuff they decide to sell. Loot drop percentiles aren't really the problem, it's the quality of the loot they are getting. Sure they might fix things in time but they aren't going to know what to fix unless people talk about it. People are being pretty reasonable considering this game was a long time in the making and they had a fully fleshed out previous iteration to base a lot of this stuff on.

I've seen this posted by a few different people. I played a decent amount of D2 (got multiple characters through hell) but never grinded for loot, so maybe I'm just forgetting. What sort of loot was in D2 that we are missing from D3? I am just looking for some specific examples.

And this is probably really easy to add at some point I'd assume? Maybe they were massively concerned about balancing loot and forgot some of the fun stuff along the way?

Personally I haven't been bored of any of the loot in D3, but everyone makes me think I should be

44. Re: Diablo III Patch Next Week; Real Money Auctions Postponed Again May 25, 2012, 10:46 Muscular Beaver

Oh well, at least they finally semi-fixed the 3 and 4 player games not being possible. Still doesnt work quite often, though.  

Oh that is so lame... You will PAY for your use of inappropriate dialogue!
- Mojo Jojo

63 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo