Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week

The BioWare Blog announces the Rebellion Pack, a DLC pack for Mass Effect 3 coming to BioWare's action/RPG sequel next Tuesday for platforms and territories except for the PSN in Europe, where it is due the following day. This was recently accidentally revealed in advance of this official unveiling, and true to those indications, its focus is on multiplayer play. Speaking of multiplayer, this post has details on Operation SHIELDWALL, this weekend's multiplayer event in the game. Here's more on the Rebellion Pack:

Reinforcements are being deployed to all N7 forces, bringing out some heavy hitters thanks to the new Mass Effect 3 Rebellion DLC Pack! Arriving on Xbox Live, the PlayStation Network and PC on Tuesday, May 29 (Wednesday, May 30 on the PSN in Europe), the Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack will be bringing you more gear, more weapons, more maps, and more kits, available at no additional cost for anyone who redeemed an Online Pass for Mass Effect 3 on PC, PS3 or Xbox 360.

The Rebellion Multiplayer Expansion opens two new fronts against the Reapers: Firebase Jade’s jungle reservoir and Firebase Goddess on Thessia. In-game reinforcement packs now include three new weapons (Reegar Carbine, Krysae Sniper Rifle, Cerberus Harrier) as well as equipment, consumables, and six new characters from species that have lost lives or whole planets to the Reapers: Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator, Vorcha Soldier and Sentinel, Ex-Cerberus Adept and Vanguard. The battle continues!

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 25, 2012, 13:32 Creston

peteham wrote on May 25, 2012, 05:43:
Creston wrote on May 24, 2012, 18:13:
I didn't buy ALL the ME2 DLC, but I did get most of it. So far I have zero intentions of getting ANY for ME3, because what's the point? The ending is so shit it ruins any fun in playing the game anymore. Yay, I can help Aria get Omega back? I'm sure she'll be really happy when the gates explode.
After suffering through that whole protracted 30 minute sequence after you go through the transporter thing, the relays going poof with the colour of your choice took my entire interest in the series and universe as a whole with it. I don't even care for replaying ME 1 or 2 for the billionth time anymore. What's been seen can't be unseen I guess, and no amount of contrived fan theories is going to be able to fix that.

On the other hand, I'm still playing the MP with friends occasionally, and that's practically sensational since I never go near MP, usually. I'm sure we'll give it another spin or two when the new DLC lands. The randomness of the loot system is insane, though. The stupid game just keeps giving me human vanguards and batarian sentinels instead of even half a glimpse of that Black Widow I want, and I still have sniper rifle barrel 1... I don't even know how some people managed to get the higher end stuff (i.e. anything not found in recruit packs) to level X. Either insane luck or an absolutely insane amount of games played, or both..

There's really only a few people that have ultra-rares at X. There's some that have all rares at X, but since a Spectre Pack gives you a guaranteed rare, that's just a matter of buying tons of Spectre Packs (or Premium Spectre Packs.)

The ultra-rares, though, that takes a seriously insane long time. I have 3 of them, and one of them is at level 2. 4 ultra-rares in 3 months time, and I've probably bought a few hundred Spectre Packs with in-game cash.

The drop rates are worse than WoW's.

I still enjoy playing MP, but since I get disconnected about 8 out of every 10 matches, and the game DOESN'T give you any money then, but it DOES take away your medgels, ops packs and rocket launchers, it's becoming almost impossible to even buy replacement equipment packs.

All in the name of the hallowed EAware points.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 25, 2012, 05:43 peteham

I didn't buy ALL the ME2 DLC, but I did get most of it. So far I have zero intentions of getting ANY for ME3, because what's the point? The ending is so shit it ruins any fun in playing the game anymore. Yay, I can help Aria get Omega back? I'm sure she'll be really happy when the gates explode.
After suffering through that whole protracted 30 minute sequence after you go through the transporter thing, the relays going poof with the colour of your choice took my entire interest in the series and universe as a whole with it. I don't even care for replaying ME 1 or 2 for the billionth time anymore. What's been seen can't be unseen I guess, and no amount of contrived fan theories is going to be able to fix that.

On the other hand, I'm still playing the MP with friends occasionally, and that's practically sensational since I never go near MP, usually. I'm sure we'll give it another spin or two when the new DLC lands. The randomness of the loot system is insane, though. The stupid game just keeps giving me human vanguards and batarian sentinels instead of even half a glimpse of that Black Widow I want, and I still have sniper rifle barrel 1... I don't even know how some people managed to get the higher end stuff (i.e. anything not found in recruit packs) to level X. Either insane luck or an absolutely insane amount of games played, or both..

This comment was edited on May 25, 2012, 05:49.

27. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 25, 2012, 01:07 Creston

NegaDeath wrote on May 24, 2012, 18:56:
Hackett: Damnit Joker, you do this or I'll remotely upload Windows 8 to EDI!
EDI: Jeff don't let him!
Joker: You monster!
Hackett: Better get moving it's already uploading.
Jocker: Oh god it's so unintuitive!
EDI: Why? Why was I built to feel pain!?

Rotfl

Kudos, good Sir.

Creston

26. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 25, 2012, 01:05 Creston

CrushBug wrote on May 24, 2012, 18:56:
Creston wrote on May 16, 2012, 13:05:
Probably won't come out until next month, and they're likely going to charge for it, which will be the death of the MP.

If you release it on the 31st just to spite me, I'm going to be SO ANGRY, DEREK!!!

But if it's free, then that's awesome, and I happily stand corrected.

Creston
Bazinga!

What kills the game more than anything is that EA's servers have been shit for over two weeks now, and EAware/EA doesn't do anything about it. Quite a lot of people report disconnects 3 out of 4 matches.
These are things we are still actively looking into. As with all issues that are not reproducible at the office, it is difficult to find and fix these things. Some of these issues are to do with the host you are connecting to and not the EA servers themselves. There are a few fixes in the next patch to try and address this issue.
And then there's the MYRIAD of bugs that have been in since day 1 that nobody bothers to fix. Vanguard bug that glitches half the Vanguards? Eh, whatever.
There are a few Vanguard fixes in the next patch.
Reave sound bug? Eh whatever.
Fixed in the next patch. (If we are talking about the same bug.)
Bug where enemies get stuck outside the map, so you can't go on with the round? Eh, whatever.
Some of these spawn issues have been fixed in the next patch. I cannot say that it has fixed all of them, but it should have dealt with some.

Well, you're releasing it on the 29th, so I do not have to be angry at you.

I'll have to wait until the patch, I guess. I understand that sometimes the issue can be the host I connect to, but it happens even when I host myself, and every single time I get the message that I lost connection to the EA servers. (though I don't know how accurate the message is.)

You guys really need to get this patch out, though. People on the forum are all saying they're going to be playing like crazy to build up money for the expansion, and yet I can sit in a Gold lobby for 10 minutes and not see a soul...

I'm worried the game's losing players way too quickly.

I appreciate you addressing the issues, Derek. Thank you.

Creston

25. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 23:44 Jerykk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSawGT5bgdM

We'll bang, okay?

24. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 23:33 RollinThundr

CrushBug wrote on May 24, 2012, 18:56:
Probably won't come out until next month, and they're likely going to charge for it, which will be the death of the MP.

If you release it on the 31st just to spite me, I'm going to be SO ANGRY, DEREK!!!

Creston
Bazinga!

What kills the game more than anything is that EA's servers have been shit for over two weeks now, and EAware/EA doesn't do anything about it. Quite a lot of people report disconnects 3 out of 4 matches.
These are things we are still actively looking into. As with all issues that are not reproducible at the office, it is difficult to find and fix these things. Some of these issues are to do with the host you are connecting to and not the EA servers themselves. There are a few fixes in the next patch to try and address this issue.
And then there's the MYRIAD of bugs that have been in since day 1 that nobody bothers to fix. Vanguard bug that glitches half the Vanguards? Eh, whatever.
Bug where enemies get stuck outside the map, so you can't go on with the round? Eh, whatever.
Some of these spawn issues have been fixed in the next patch. I cannot say that it has fixed all of them, but it should have dealt with some.

Is this the post that makes the game's ending not suck?

23. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 22:24 Lokust

NegaDeath wrote on May 24, 2012, 18:56:
Well they've brought back some of the voice actors so they're actually spending money on the ending DLC, I'll give them that much. It'll be interesting to see how they try to patch the logic gaps.

Hackett: Joker I need you to pick up your squad in middle of the highest concentration of reaper forces in the entire galaxy, without your shuttle pilot, and run away.
Joker: Screw you Hackett I won't leave Shepard behind.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite post on the internet.

22. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 19:41 entr0py

Another free DLC pack? Awesome, keep them coming.  

21. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 18:57 Lorcin

"Dear Bioware,

This year I have completed all the PVE content in TOR and forced myself to play through all 3 Mass Effects. I'll be interested in playing ME3 multiplayer packs when you start paying me to sit through them.

Yours honestly

Lorcin"

20. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 18:56  CrushBug 

Creston
Bazinga!

Derek French
Technical Producer
BioWare

19. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 18:56 NegaDeath

Well they've brought back some of the voice actors so they're actually spending money on the ending DLC, I'll give them that much. It'll be interesting to see how they try to patch the logic gaps.

Hackett: Joker I need you to pick up your squad in middle of the highest concentration of reaper forces in the entire galaxy, without your shuttle pilot, and run away.
Joker: Screw you Hackett I won't leave Shepard behind.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2012, 19:08.

18. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 18:36 Flatline

Jivaro wrote on May 24, 2012, 17:20:
necrosis wrote on May 24, 2012, 17:10:
RollinThundr wrote on May 24, 2012, 17:07:
Bhruic wrote on May 24, 2012, 17:02:
It'll be interesting to see if all of "the ending was horrible" has any impact on DLC sales.

Did they ever release that promised "expanded ending dlc"?
They are still working on it.

And free or not...I think a great many people aren't interested in much of anything ME3 related until they see that "expanded ending DLC".

Pretty much where I'm at. I stopped playing completely and am waiting for the "expanded ending". Which means I have zero interest in multiplayer, since I only at this point plan to play around 5 or 6 missions to get my galaxy status up into the 80's and actually get a decent ending.

17. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 18:24 Creston

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 24, 2012, 18:17:
Yay, I can help Aria get Omega back? I'm sure she'll be really happy when the gates explode.

Creston
Well my shepard is already dead, according to their ending. So....how am I supposed to help her get omega back anyway.

All the DLC would basically happen BEFORE you go to the Illusive Man's base. Because, you know, with Earth burning, Shepard has PLENTY of time to go run around and do more errands for other people, all for the sake of 30 points in War Assets.

God, what a fucking worthless system that War Assets turned out to be. The guy who came up with that should never be allowed to design another game, EVER. It makes "unified ammo" look like the best thing since Windows 98.

Creston

16. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 18:17 Mashiki Amiketo

Yay, I can help Aria get Omega back? I'm sure she'll be really happy when the gates explode.

Creston
Well my shepard is already dead, according to their ending. So....how am I supposed to help her get omega back anyway.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

15. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 18:13 Creston

Ruffiana wrote on May 24, 2012, 17:30:
It'll be interesting to see if all of "the ending was horrible" has any impact on DLC sales.

I'm personally not buying any DLC for ME3 because of the ending. No idea how many others feel the same, but I bought all of the DLC for ME2.

Creston

14. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 18:09 Mashiki Amiketo

Beelzebud wrote on May 24, 2012, 17:43:

I never thought I'd see a day when Bethesda was making deeper RPGs, and giving better support for them, than Bioware... But here we are.
The best thing they every did was release the skyrim game jam vid, and let people voice exactly what they did and didn't like out of it.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

13. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 18:07 Overon

So where is that patch that fixes the ending shit?  

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 17:43 Beelzebud

NegaDeath wrote on May 24, 2012, 17:38:
Meanwhile Bethesda is still adding new features to Skyrim

Skyrim update: Mounted combat

I never thought I'd see a day when Bethesda was making deeper RPGs, and giving better support for them, than Bioware... But here we are.

11. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 17:38 NegaDeath

Meanwhile Bethesda is still adding new features to Skyrim

Skyrim update: Mounted combat

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 Rebellion Pack DLC Next Week May 24, 2012, 17:30 Ruffiana

I'm personally not buying any DLC for ME3 because of the ending. No idea how many others feel the same, but I bought all of the DLC for ME2.

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo