Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Hotfixes

The Diablo III Website has a list of hotfixes implemented over the past couple of days in Blizzard's MMORPG sequel. There is just one fix listed from yesterday, but there is a longer list of changes from the day before, but these carry a warning saying: "If you have not yet completed Diablo III on Normal, some hotfixes described in this list may include spoilers."

View
91 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

71. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 25, 2012, 08:46 xXBatmanXx

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 25, 2012, 02:50:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 24, 2012, 21:41:
Prez wrote on May 24, 2012, 21:39:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 24, 2012, 19:43:
The more I hear about this game, the happier I am that I didn't buy it...

Agreed.

I find it funny that those who are the loudest haven't even played the game....
I played the beta. It definitely didn't convince me to buy the game. If I had, I'd be just another one of those disgruntled D3 owners, hence my happiness that I did not pay $60 to find out it has a lot of problems. I have those who did pay to tell me about the problems. Maybe they'll eventually fix the game. If so, maybe I'll pick it up then.

Another one of those disgruntled? pfft. Out of everyone I know that is playing it (in my friends list or circle). Only RollingThundr is unhappy. That behing said, he is not so unhappy that he has stopped playing - in fact, with several characters started, he is obviously enjoying the game and has gotten his monies worth.....

I have jumped in and out of games and had friends do the same. So...whatevs. We are enjoyign it, and you are bitching about something you don't own. Good for you.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

70. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 25, 2012, 05:17 Elim

I feel like a fucking retard for buying it.
Yeah sure coop is fun, but working people aren't often online at the same time.
The story is just plain bad, even Bioware would write a better one.
Then the disconnects, lags etc.

60 Euros wasted.

69. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 25, 2012, 02:50 Wowbagger_TIP

Agreed.

I played the beta. It definitely didn't convince me to buy the game. If I had, I'd be just another one of those disgruntled D3 owners, hence my happiness that I did not pay $60 to find out it has a lot of problems. I have those who did pay to tell me about the problems. Maybe they'll eventually fix the game. If so, maybe I'll pick it up then.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

68. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 25, 2012, 01:10 Stolk

Wolfox wrote on May 24, 2012, 15:22:
Stolk wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:57:
Lots of complaints specifically regarding tool-tips not being changed yet. I continue to be surprised by things I see around the internet.

That's a big deal. First, because it's confusing. Second, because if ArenaNet updates tooltips every time a skill changes, then Blizzard should be able to do the same.

I know what you're doing. I will not be shocked again by this. The lunacy has already set in.

67. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 25, 2012, 01:07 Stolk

Beelzebud wrote on May 24, 2012, 16:00:
Okay, I'm not reading comments for any more Diablo 3 related stuff.

The PC gaming community has gone full retard.

I'm pretty satisfied with this comment. But please note, this did not happen recently.

66. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 25, 2012, 00:19 Sepharo

edit: nevermind misread  

65. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 23:55 Prez

You're making the mistake of thinking people are forced to use the AH... You don't need optimal gear at every moment to get by... People do it, but don't need to... )

Fair enough, but 'min/max' players make up the majority of Action RPG gamers from my experience. People for whom it's about the journey (like myself) tend to be in a distinct minority. From the way I've seen the loot system in D3 described at length by many posters in several different threads it seems like the majority of players would be compelled to use the auction house. Call me a cynic, but given that Blizzard is taking a cut of every transaction, that smells like a design decision, not happenstance.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

64. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 22:40 Dades

That doesn't seem to be based in reality at all, most of the complaints in the recent Diablo topics seem to be from game players. Having read the issues that the actual game owners are having I'm glad I didn't buy it.

63. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 22:26 Alamar

Prez wrote on May 24, 2012, 21:43:
Forcing people into auction houses by tweaking loot drops so that the majority of loot you get is stuff you can't use is pretty damn slimy. I suppose I'm not allowed to have an opinion about that because I didn't play it? Rolleyes

You're making the mistake of thinking people are forced to use the AH... You don't need optimal gear at every moment to get by... People do it, but don't need to...

Also, the majority of loot dropped in any game ever made that has random loot is, guess what, stuff you won't use... Perhaps this is worse for ARPG's, but D3 has a ton more useful loot dropping than TQ ever did (as a personal perception/observation based comparison). And at least every garbage piece of loot still has a use in D3.

As for there always being awesome stuff on the AH... Do the math? The AH is for the entire Americas (or Asia or Europe - I think those are the groupings) playerbase, so ya, there's going to be a LOT of gear on the AH, and guess what? Most of it you won't use ; )

Not you, you... As this is the only game in the last decade you haven't bought hehe : )

-Alamar

62. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 21:46 eunichron

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 24, 2012, 19:14:
Cutter wrote on May 24, 2012, 19:09:
Are there no set items in D3? The demo allows you to get to 13 and finish the Skeleton King of which I've now done with a monk and found 2 yellows along the way and not many blues, but I have seen nary a set item.

50+ hours, came across 1 set item, early on, was garbage, sold it.

I have almost all 5 characters with about 50% of their gear is rare, and about 20+ extra rare items. Magic stuff is dime a dozen depending on your stats. Gems are what I go for now.

Set items, as they were in Diablo 2, only drop in Inferno difficulty.

61. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 21:43 Prez

Agreed.

Um, what? We are reading the stories and not liking anything we read. And you have a weird definition of "loudest" when the sum total of both of our posts is 17 words.

Forcing people into auction houses by tweaking loot drops so that the majority of loot you get is stuff you can't use is pretty damn slimy. I suppose I'm not allowed to have an opinion about that because I didn't play it? Rolleyes

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

60. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 21:41 xXBatmanXx

Agreed.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

59. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 21:39 Prez

Agreed.

This comment was edited on May 25, 2012, 06:28.

- Mahatma Gandhi

58. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 21:10 xXBatmanXx

Cpmartins wrote on May 24, 2012, 19:36:
Ray Marden wrote:
Overall, loot seems really broken. I rarely, rarely get an upgrade from my own drops, but I get an excessively large number of demon hunter and wizard drops. Pretty much any upgrades from direct looting come from my wife's witch doctor.

Meanwhile, my charactr is level 29 and it is not uncommon for my drops to get in the level 15-25 range. Then I made the mistake of looking at the auction house - for as low a range as 500g-1000g, I can get at-level yellows with stats that favor my build. It sucks to search through, but it is the way to go. Which ties back into my limited sense of fun - I am playing a loot treasure hunt game where I nearly never get anything useful, but then I go to an AH which just makes my charactr a god.

I realize the graphics will likely hold up longer due to the more cartoon-inspired design, but the areas have seemed relatively flat and boring, at least through the first third or so of act three. Also, can the crafting system possibly be crappier? Really, in three levels, I can gain access to something that is worse than what I am currently wearing? And that is presuming I even get a combination of stats that favors my class? I cannot even level up the gemcrafter until I play through again?

I noticed the same thing on 4 player coop. I have 3 friends with which I played the game throughout, until Inferno (the point at which I stopped). Then it hit me: training. They are training their playerbase to go to the AH to get loot that is good for them, and sell the loot that is good for other classes. Coming the RMAH, they'll have efectivelly broken everyone's cherry, in a non-traumatic way (ie. gold currency instead of cash), making the transition from 400k gold in a legendary to a 10 dollar one, well, easier.
But that's my paranoid self speaking. It could be they only want people to group together and encourage trade-looting in the same session.

So....what you are saying is - hurry and go buy good crap for all my toons so I won't need real money for them later! [I am guilty of buying stuff on TF2. hehehehe]

57. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 19:43 Wowbagger_TIP

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

56. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 19:36 Cpmartins

Ray Marden wrote:
Overall, loot seems really broken. I rarely, rarely get an upgrade from my own drops, but I get an excessively large number of demon hunter and wizard drops. Pretty much any upgrades from direct looting come from my wife's witch doctor.

Meanwhile, my charactr is level 29 and it is not uncommon for my drops to get in the level 15-25 range. Then I made the mistake of looking at the auction house - for as low a range as 500g-1000g, I can get at-level yellows with stats that favor my build. It sucks to search through, but it is the way to go. Which ties back into my limited sense of fun - I am playing a loot treasure hunt game where I nearly never get anything useful, but then I go to an AH which just makes my charactr a god.

I realize the graphics will likely hold up longer due to the more cartoon-inspired design, but the areas have seemed relatively flat and boring, at least through the first third or so of act three. Also, can the crafting system possibly be crappier? Really, in three levels, I can gain access to something that is worse than what I am currently wearing? And that is presuming I even get a combination of stats that favors my class? I cannot even level up the gemcrafter until I play through again?

I noticed the same thing on 4 player coop. I have 3 friends with which I played the game throughout, until Inferno (the point at which I stopped). Then it hit me: training. They are training their playerbase to go to the AH to get loot that is good for them, and sell the loot that is good for other classes. Coming the RMAH, they'll have efectivelly broken everyone's cherry, in a non-traumatic way (ie. gold currency instead of cash), making the transition from 400k gold in a legendary to a 10 dollar one, well, easier.
But that's my paranoid self speaking. It could be they only want people to group together and encourage trade-looting in the same session.

This comment was edited on May 24, 2012, 20:52.

55. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 19:14 xXBatmanXx

Cutter wrote on May 24, 2012, 19:09:
Are there no set items in D3? The demo allows you to get to 13 and finish the Skeleton King of which I've now done with a monk and found 2 yellows along the way and not many blues, but I have seen nary a set item.

50+ hours, came across 1 set item, early on, was garbage, sold it.

I have almost all 5 characters with about 50% of their gear is rare, and about 20+ extra rare items. Magic stuff is dime a dozen depending on your stats. Gems are what I go for now.

54. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 19:12 Ray Marden

We're having some fun with the game, but primarily because we are playing cooperatively. My Barbarian is relatively boring to play whereas her witch doctor is entertaining.

I am definitely getting some enjoyment out of the game, but I think I will be hard pressed to find a reason to play it again.
Not bad, but not great. Too safe in some ways with flawed loot.
Shrugging,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

53. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 19:09 Cutter

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

52. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 17:40 deqer

Dirwulf wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:43:
Why are you such a dick?
I suppose you have a point and I guess don't have a valid reason.

Thanks for asking, because it has me think twice about it now.

91 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo