Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Hotfixes

The Diablo III Website has a list of hotfixes implemented over the past couple of days in Blizzard's MMORPG sequel. There is just one fix listed from yesterday, but there is a longer list of changes from the day before, but these carry a warning saying: "If you have not yet completed Diablo III on Normal, some hotfixes described in this list may include spoilers."

View
91 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

31. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:57 Stolk

Lots of complaints specifically regarding tool-tips not being changed yet. I continue to be surprised by things I see around the internet.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:57 deqer

Alamar wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:46:
a nice helm with 44 int, 102 vit, +9 xp (blah) and a socket (currently at 13% MF)...

blah blah, blablablah ?

29. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:49 Verno

DrEvil wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:03:
The difference is that here, the changes are even being made "server-side", and you have no choice as to whether you take the patches.

At least with the older games, if they made changes you didn't like, you could at least finish your single-player game before updating.

Now users that take longer to finish are going to finish a never-ending stream of tweaks to difficulty and gameplay before they even finish their first run through of the game.

Sucktastic.

Indeed.

I think they have a bit of egg on the face about how Inferno is basically being beta tested by the public. They made a lot of claims about how it was never beaten internally because it was so hard and etc etc but I think it was simply due to them never actually bothering. Some ability balance is expected but they can't really get upset about people finding the optimal builds because most variations simply do not work on Inferno.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

28. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:46 Alamar

Just played around with the AH myself... There is SOOOOOO much stuff on there, it's a pain in the ass... Can't sort by time left, or bid... The two sorts I would find most useful... So I spammed through 10-20 pages per item for stuff nearly done (and cheap enough)...

Beyond that, it's addictive... I picked up three pieces for about 30k, one of which is a nice helm with 44 int, 102 vit, +9 xp (blah) and a socket (currently at 13% MF)...

Edit: heh... regarding the Hot Fix notes... Never seen Mehtan before, but just got him twice...

-Alamar

This comment was edited on May 24, 2012, 15:00.

27. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:45 Raven

Red wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:41:
blue wrote:
Blizzard's MMORPG sequel
Diablo 3 is an ARPG, not an MMO. There is no persisted world. The most players that can play together at once is 4.

I think that Blue is using the other definition: "Money Made Off Really Pissed Gamers".

26. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:43 Dirwulf

deqer wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:07:
nin wrote on May 24, 2012, 13:57:
The thing is, they made all kinds of changes to D2 over the years
which is such a fucking stupid thing to do?

You don't see nintendo coming out to people's houses patching their cartridge games do you? Nope. That's what QA team is for; test/fix, and release once.

Stupid selfish greedy companies pushing out shit early to satisfy their own needs to make quick cash, and all you peon people buy into it.

Why are you such a dick?

25. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:41 Red

blue wrote:
Blizzard's MMORPG sequel
Diablo 3 is an ARPG, not an MMO. There is no persisted world. The most players that can play together at once is 4.

24. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:40 AngelicPenguin

DrEvil wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:03:
RollinThundr wrote on May 24, 2012, 13:53:
Wake me when they're done nerfing classes like it's an mmo and instead properly balance the difficulty levels, and also make legendary items not suck worse than regular magical ones. Terrible design decisions all around with this game.

The thing is, they made all kinds of changes to D2 over the years. And I'm sure we'll see the same thing here.

The difference is that here, the changes are even being made "server-side", and you have no choice as to whether you take the patches.

At least with the older games, if they made changes you didn't like, you could at least finish your single-player game before updating.

Now users that take longer to finish are going to finish a never-ending stream of tweaks to difficulty and gameplay before they even finish their first run through of the game.

Sucktastic.

Funny I would think that was a good thing, but to each their own I guess.

23. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:29 deqer

nin wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:18:

edit: Oh, and have fun with your steam patches for torchlight 2!

NO!

22. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:27 AngelicPenguin

You don't see nintendo coming out to people's houses patching their cartridge games do you? Nope. That's what QA team is for; test/fix, and release once.

Stupid selfish greedy companies pushing out shit early to satisfy their own needs to make quick cash, and all you peon people buy into it.

You are comedy gold!

edit: are you paid by bluesnews or something for more web hits? Seriously I see a diablo 3 post, I click the comments and look for your name just to see what angry diatribe you have in store for me. You never fail! :-)

This comment was edited on May 24, 2012, 14:35.

21. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:26 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:22:
I bought a couple things from the AH with in game gold....thinking I am going to take them off until a later build of my Monk. I bought 2 rare fist weapons, 1k and 5k in gold each. They each have 60+ DEX and has doubled my DPS from 70ish to over 160. Just doesn't seem fair....

My highest is a mid 40's DH still in NM. Been just trying out other classes really seem to only like DH and Wizard. But I tend to prefer ranged anyways.

Gotcha. Mine are all 17-25. My monk is starting Act 3 and the rest are starting Act 2. I do have a lvl 5 Barb in Harcore mode that I am toying with.

I think my wizard is around lvl 20ish or so. Have an 18th lvl barb as well. Monk and WD are both like lvl 5, didn't like either class right off the bat.

20. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:24 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:22:
I bought a couple things from the AH with in game gold....thinking I am going to take them off until a later build of my Monk. I bought 2 rare fist weapons, 1k and 5k in gold each. They each have 60+ DEX and has doubled my DPS from 70ish to over 160. Just doesn't seem fair....

I haven't touched the AH, based on principle. I'm stuck at work for another hour and a half, I'll hit ya up when I get home Bats, maybe play a bit if you have time tonight or over the weekend.

19. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:22 xXBatmanXx

My highest is a mid 40's DH still in NM. Been just trying out other classes really seem to only like DH and Wizard. But I tend to prefer ranged anyways.

Gotcha. Mine are all 17-25. My monk is starting Act 3 and the rest are starting Act 2. I do have a lvl 5 Barb in Harcore mode that I am toying with.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

18. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:21 RollinThundr

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:19:
RollinThundr wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:18:
xXBatmanXx wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:16:
Wake me when they're done nerfing classes like it's an mmo and instead properly balance the difficulty levels, and also make legendary items not suck worse than regular magical ones. Terrible design decisions all around with this game.

If I recall, you don't have the game. Take a breather and sit out chiming in on something you have no experience with.....

I told you I caved and picked it up over steam chat a week ago I think.

You did? Shit man, hit me up! I hvae 50 hours in over 6 characters.

17. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:19 xXBatmanXx

RollinThundr wrote on May 24, 2012, 14:18:

If I recall, you don't have the game. Take a breather and sit out chiming in on something you have no experience with.....

You did? Shit man, hit me up! I hvae 50 hours in over 6 characters.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

16. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:18 nin

O rly?

edit: Oh, and have fun with your steam patches for torchlight 2!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:18 RollinThundr

14. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:16 xXBatmanXx

13. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:12 RollinThundr

The thing is, they made all kinds of changes to D2 over the years. And I'm sure we'll see the same thing here.

Nin, that it was in dev for 6+ years, and they didn't have the inteligence to make "legendary" items better than mundane magical items out of the gate raises red flags alone. Or didn't play test enough in said long ass dev cycle to even make a semiattempt at balancing the difficulties? How many years does a Blizzard dev'ed game need to actually not suck out of the box?

12. Re: Diablo III Hotfixes May 24, 2012, 14:07 deqer

91 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo