Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tribes: Ascend Patched

This forum post has details on a new patch that's now live in Tribes: Ascend, Hi-Rez Studios' first-person shooter remake. This fourth update is titled "Staying Alive," and this trailer shows off the content in the update, including three new weapons for the Brute class. The new version also includes a "watch now" button to stream live matches through TwitchTV.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Tribes: Ascend Patched May 25, 2012, 04:39 Beaner

lol...that is all..  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Tribes: Ascend Patched May 24, 2012, 23:39 Jerykk

I don't think the guns need excessive recoil but they should definitely lose accuracy over time. Tribes isn't a cover-based shooter so it's pretty easy to hit people when you have a rapid-fire weapon with near instantaneous projectile speeds. And if the shotguns and pistols are indeed hitscan, they should be changed to non-instantaneous projectiles. Also, do pistol/shotgun/SMG/rifle projectiles lose damage over distance? Because if they don't, they definitely should.  

5. Re: Tribes: Ascend Patched May 24, 2012, 23:21 Blahman

I disagree, the new weapons are underpowered if anything. This is coming from a rank 47. Also yes there are still a few hitscan weapons other than the sniper rifles (3 shotguns and 3 pistols).

Here is full list:

BXT1 Rifle (Sentinel)
Phase Rifle (Sentinel)
Shotgun (Pathfinder)
Sawed-Off Shotgun (Technician)
Sparrow (Technician)
Eagle Pistol (Soldier)
Automatic Shotgun (Brute)
Nova Colt (Brute)

Also there is a small cone of fire, but there is no cone of fire expansion (cone of fire stays constant). Additionally a few weapons have recoil such as the DMB chaingun that cause the viewpoint to jump around a bit.

4. Re: Tribes: Ascend Patched May 24, 2012, 23:15 space captain

yeh the no 'cone of fire' is bullshit.. not to mention this new gun looks a bit much, also the plasma rifle is way too fast for how hard it hits

unfortunately the game might be getting away from the devs and entering that endless "balancing" zone of online MP games these days, with some kind of crazy shit always going on

its definitely not about the discs anymore.. and those should hit way fucking harder than they do now on direct hits

feature bloat is setting in

Go forth, and kill!

3. Re: Tribes: Ascend Patched May 24, 2012, 23:04 Jerykk

The hit scan weapons get me more than anything else.

I think only the sniper rifles are hitscan now. The pistols, SMGs, shotguns and assault rifles fire projectiles with measurable velocity. The problem is that they don't lose accuracy over time, unlike the chaingun in the previous games, so players can just keep firing until they run out of ammo. It's pretty annoying. In the previous games, the only players using the chaingun were chasers. In T:A, pretty much everyone has at least one rapid-fire weapon.

2. Re: Tribes: Ascend Patched May 24, 2012, 20:20 Matshock

I'm usually in the top 5 and I don't get killed by plasma more often than other ways since the hotfix after the Raider patch. Confidence placebo?

The hit scan weapons get me more than anything else.

OTOH, I already spent $30.00, my booster is over and I don't play often enough to get the kind of XP needed for new weapons unlocks so how does this help me HiRez? How about a little early adopter love like a booster sale?

1. Re: Tribes: Ascend Patched May 24, 2012, 18:32 Flatline

I'd just like to say the plasma cannon is absolute bullsh*t.

I'm a middling player. If I'm a defense technician I'm probably somewhere in the bottom half of the rankings. Otherwise I'm usually in the middle of the pack.

I've been playing a lot of Capture & Hold lately though, and I do enjoy playing the brute in that case.

And I must say, the first game I ever scored #1 was my first game with that damn plasma cannon. Slow reload but an insane fire rate and projectile size. And usually instead of reloading I switch to the spinfusor for 5 seconds or so and go back to the plasma cannon when it reloads that way.

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo