Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: etc. May 29, 2012, 10:12 Ant

How long did Diablo 3 take? A decade?  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: etc. May 25, 2012, 10:24 Frags4Fun

So true.  

11. Re: etc. May 25, 2012, 03:22 Dmitri_M

Never "got" Portal. Never "got" L4D. Bland source mods dressed up as games repetitively pushing a couple of singular gimmicks. I liked HL2 ep1 and ep2. Those at least felt like games with an actual journey to experience, not rinse repeat levels.  

10. Re: etc. May 24, 2012, 16:59 wrlwnd

Kastagir wrote on May 24, 2012, 13:02:
I used to be quite proud to say I hadn't purchased a single Valve title since the Orange Box, but I recently picked up Portal 2 on sale. It was cute, but about 3-4 times longer than it needed to be.

Huh?

You can always just stop playing it, unlike the rest of us who actually want some content for what we pay. It was about half as long as it should have been, which is why I didn't buy it until it hit the bargain bin.

9. Re: etc. May 24, 2012, 16:49 Orogogus

As Creston said, my problem wasn't the length per se, but the repetition. "More testing!" was a line that I got plenty sick of. 1. Get new toy. 2. Get an easy map with new toy. 3. Get a hard map with new toy. 4. Then another one. Repeat a few dozen times, adding in plot maybe every sixth or seventh iteration.  

8. Re: etc. May 24, 2012, 16:21 Creston

Portal 1 was just too short. But I do agree that when I went back for yet ANOTHER round of tests in Portal 2, I kind of went "ugh."

And I'm the guy who LOVES playing something for 100 hours. Of course, in a game like that I'm just tooling around and doing whatever I want in my sandbox. With portal 2, it was yet more puzzles with yet another element added, and it got a little too much.

It was still solid fun all around, so eh.

On a more topical note, I'm ecstatic that "episodic gaming" has died the fucking death it deserved. (Apart from adventure games where they seem to do really well.)

Creston

7. Re: etc. May 24, 2012, 16:13 Verno

I thought it was a perfectly fine game with solid pacing. Maybe if you're only used to "modern" game campaign lengths then it would seem a bit long but its quite short compared to most of the older games in my library. A refreshing change from the usual 5 hour campaign fluff we see nowadays.  

Playing: Gauntlet, Dark Souls 2, Wasteland 2
Watching: Intruders, 24 Live Another Day, The Signal

6. Re: etc. May 24, 2012, 14:21 Orogogus

It's probably because I did play Portal 1 first that the second seemed to draaaaaaag.  

5. Re: etc. May 24, 2012, 13:58 NegaDeath

You guys might like Portal 1 better then, if you haven't tried it yet. Much quicker, more focused.  

4. Re: etc. May 24, 2012, 13:29 Orogogus

Kastagir wrote on May 24, 2012, 13:02:
I used to be quite proud to say I hadn't purchased a single Valve title since the Orange Box, but I recently picked up Portal 2 on sale. It was cute, but about 3-4 times longer than it needed to be.

That was my opinion, too, but I've seen several people here bitching that the game was too short. Myself, by about 2/3 of the way through I was wondering why the game wasn't over yet.

Co-op was fun, but it had the same pacing problems.

3. Re: etc. May 24, 2012, 13:26 jimnms

Holy fuck, it has been that long already!  

MeanJim on Steam

2. Re: etc. May 24, 2012, 13:02 Kastagir

Halfway to that proud Duke Nukem Forever milestone…

I used to be quite proud to say I hadn't purchased a single Valve title since the Orange Box, but I recently picked up Portal 2 on sale. It was cute, but about 3-4 times longer than it needed to be. If this is the best they can do, they probably can't do HL2:EP3 justice any longer. And without any managerial direction within the company to drive such an effort, I don't expect to ever see it.

1. Re: etc. May 24, 2012, 12:07 nin

Halfway to that proud Duke Nukem Forever milestone…

So cruel, yet so deserving...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo