Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Planning for this weekend has turned incredibly complicated here in the BlueTower. We had planned on inviting friends over to visit Manstovia, but one of the couples we were planning on asking invited us to their place instead, so that became the plan. Then they had friends having a cookout around here the same weekend, so they planned on hitting both us and them, which evolved into a plan to host them and their friends here, which evolved back into going to their place (their erratic behavior planning is definitely a big part of the complication). During the period this gathering was to be here, we invited other friends, so are now sort of committed to both hosting a gathering and also attending one about 100 miles away. Oh yeah, and my brother proposed this weekend to our cousins a while back for a reunion of sorts, but I told him at the time that this weekend was no good. This week he got a text from one of them asking if we are still on, so they apparently missed the message that we had to reschedule that, so we really are dealing with a case of Murphy's Law, albeit a mild one. Oh yeah, MrsBlue just called, and her flight was postponed until tomorrow, and she's not sure she can find another one to get home today. Like I say, incredibly complicated.

Complex Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Wake Up the Box 4.
Yo Dawg, We Herd U Liek Doing Your Homework.
Media: CIA's 'Facebook' Program Dramatically Cut Agency's Costs.
Moog Chief Engineer talks about Googles Goog-Mini-Moog.
Reporter Tries To Fake A Sandstorm He Had Apparently Missed.
The Funnies: A lengthy set-up, but well worth it.
Dilbert.

View
25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 29, 2012, 10:08 Ant

Life sucks.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

24. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2012, 12:37  Frans 

Sepharo wrote on May 26, 2012, 11:52:
Still says Veteran when I check it. Did he have you change it back?
Just a cached Perl module depending on which Apache thread serves your request - try again later.

-- Frans

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2012, 11:52 Sepharo

Frans wrote on May 26, 2012, 07:09:
Kitkoan wrote on May 24, 2012, 17:50:
Blue, because of your lower post count, you are considered a lower rank (Veteran) then The Half Elf (Guru), even though this is your site. Surprised you don't have some special rank or something? (aside from your name being highlighted blue)
Fixed.

Still says Veteran when I check it. Did he have you change it back?

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 26, 2012, 07:09  Frans 

Kitkoan wrote on May 24, 2012, 17:50:
Blue, because of your lower post count, you are considered a lower rank (Veteran) then The Half Elf (Guru), even though this is your site. Surprised you don't have some special rank or something? (aside from your name being highlighted blue)
Fixed.

-- Frans

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 25, 2012, 11:16 Starsky

Just start the chili and grab a beer already. Why wait, they'll come to you.

And if not, you have beer and chili.

And sympathies to the Elves, hope Mom is okay.

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2012, 20:21 zirik

what is the verdict for the option to move to california for the blues household? it doesnt seem good since mrs blue is anxious to return with no mention about the visit.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2012, 18:55 jdreyer

Oh yeah, MrsBlue just called, and her flight was postponed until tomorrow, and she's not sure she can find another one to get home today.

The Mancation goes into overtime!

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2012, 18:27 Cutter

The Half Elf wrote on May 24, 2012, 16:48:
I think I got ya beat Blue...

Today is the 25th anniversary of my fathers death, and my mom calls me at 12:30am having a heart attack.
Seems either she had a heart attack, or when she had a angiogram 2 days ago they tore something on the way out. So they can't do a CT scan cause that much dye in 72 hours would fry her kidneys.

I fucking hate May 24th.

My sympathies, man. Hope your ma is ok. I got some bad news today of which I'm really rather pissed about too, so yeah, fuck May 24th and the horse it rode in on.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2012, 17:50 Kitkoan

I just noticed something I feel is kinda funny/kinda odd.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2012, 17:47 Kitkoan

Jim wrote on May 24, 2012, 17:31:
Now firing: 38 Studios lays off entire staff

What a fucking boondoggle.

You think thats bad? You should have seen the payouts that were given to the big banks that caused a horrible depression a few years ago, and they used that money to give themselves huge bonuses and keep doing the same mistakes that caused the problems in the first place.

Oh, and the smaller banks that didn't engage in those risky business practices? They died off or were bought up by the big banks that got bailed out.

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2012, 17:31 Jim

Now firing: 38 Studios lays off entire staff

What a fucking boondoggle.

Jim

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2012, 17:25 Kitkoan

Today is the 25th anniversary of my fathers death, and my mom calls me at 12:30am having a heart attack.
Seems either she had a heart attack, or when she had a angiogram 2 days ago they tore something on the way out. So they can't do a CT scan cause that much dye in 72 hours would fry her kidneys.

I fucking hate May 24th.

Hope everything ends up ok in the end for your mother.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2012, 17:10  Blue 

I fucking hate May 24th.

I can't even imagine what you are going through. I don't know what to say except you have my sympathies and all my hopes she's okay.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2012, 17:09 Sir Graves

I hate parties and get-togethers (too many awkward conversations and/or too much boring small talk) so it all sounds like a nightmare to me.  

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2012, 17:07 PHJF

Alllllll right, got Dragon's Dogma and started off with 90 minutes of barely accomplishing anything. Spent 30 minutes wandering the starter village picking up random junk. Did some nighttime combat with wolves and goblins. I get the feeling I'll be putting a lot of time into this game.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2012, 17:00 nin

I fucking hate May 24th.

Fuck. I hope things turn out ok!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2012, 16:57 Cynips

Luxury problem. I'm not going to any party.  
listening to http://www.progulus.com/ a mountain stream of progressive, rock and metal

8. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2012, 16:48 The Half Elf

I fucking hate May 24th.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2012, 15:28 xXBatmanXx

PHJF wrote on May 24, 2012, 12:32:
Oh yeah, and my brother proposed this weekend to our cousins

I guess anything's legal in NYC.

Except for guns and posting anon online!

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 24, 2012, 15:01 WaltC

Gosh, Blue--all of that frenetic activity! One would think you and Mrs. Blue were in your 20's instead of your 70's! You've got tons of energy for your age bracket. Don't forget your Life Alerts (TM) when you go out (because it really sucks when you fall and you can't get up, doesn't it?);P

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

25 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo