Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

etc., etc.

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: etc., etc. May 24, 2012, 17:37 DarkCntry

But the integration can go deeper as well. The show might introduce a new storyline involving a mysterious plague that is afflicting the entire continent, Beliaeff said. Players in the game could then work toward finding a cure. If the cure is found, the particular player that dredged it up could be mentioned on the show, or even become a walk-on character in a future season, events Beliaeff compared to "winning the lottery."

^^ From the article...I can see it now;

"Thanks to Fagbomb120541 and XxC00li0xX for aiding in the facilitation of creating this cure to save so many lives!"

I think I'd watch the show just to witness this...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: etc., etc. May 24, 2012, 10:55 eRe4s3r

What I don't get is how anything in the MMO is supposed to change the TV episodes.. aren't they usually shot in one go? I guess it'd be a neat concept as a "extra story" that runs besides the TV episodes. But I would be really impressed if that is actually interactive story telling in any sense. Because that'd be fairly unique.

imo, the only way this is ever gonna work is if they actually shoot both(or all) variation possibilities of a MMO to TV plot line and then just use the one that fits.. But do they have that much money to throw away?

3. Re: etc., etc. May 24, 2012, 10:20 Leper

The only trouble I see is that most episodes are shot long before they actually air. That gap will have to be closer if they really want the show to touch on happenings in the game world.

I haven't read up on this, but it seems like they would release the changes to the game world when the corresponding episode actually airs?

2. Re: etc., etc. May 24, 2012, 01:52 Doombringer

Agent.X7 wrote on May 23, 2012, 20:53:
This show/game thing will fail so bad. I'd love for them to do something awesome, but you just know they are going to cheese the hell out of it. The "interactivity" is all pre-planned. They want you to think what players do will matter, but you can tell they've already scripted it out.

No doubt a lot of it is scripted, but I think they leave some wildcards in to keep the gimmick going. And it's really a pretty cool gimmick. Most shows tend to have a "b" plot in the series/episodes, and that's a perfect target for this sort of integration.

The only trouble I see is that most episodes are shot long before they actually air. That gap will have to be closer if they really want the show to touch on happenings in the game world.

1. Re: etc., etc. May 23, 2012, 20:53 Agent.X7

This show/game thing will fail so bad. I'd love for them to do something awesome, but you just know they are going to cheese the hell out of it. The "interactivity" is all pre-planned. They want you to think what players do will matter, but you can tell they've already scripted it out.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo