Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Firefall Change Plans

This May 2012 Firefall Development Update is a video outlining changes Red 5 has planned for Firefall. Word is: "James and Scott sit down to discuss where Firefall is going. Big changes to the overall gameplay and a focus on more skill-based play. More details will be revealed in a blog soon."

View
5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

5. Re: Firefall Change Plans May 23, 2012, 09:15 Omni

The only thing with firefall and TF2 is that TF2 doesn't really have a grind element which firefall have. I dont think firefall can compete with Planetside 2 when that will be released.
I am in firefall beta and I am not really overwhelmed over how the pvp is.

I would like to see this do good but right now its a mess in the beta.
No teamwork required just spray and pray.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Firefall Change Plans May 23, 2012, 03:03 DangerDog

eunichron wrote on May 22, 2012, 22:49:
DangerDog wrote on May 22, 2012, 22:17:
They lost me with their whacked out graphic designs, Planetside 2 looks much better.

I got a beta invite last week, tried it out a little bit and it was decent. Nothing spectacular. Red 5 is very involved with the community and constantly responding to feedback, so hopefully it's for the better.

If you were talking about the cel-shaded look, that can be turned off in the options to give it a more traditional look. I thought it looked whacked out too, but I was glad to see the option to turn it off.

The cell shading isn't really a problem but I'm not into their "battle frame" designs, seems more a nod towards jap anime lovers - or something. I know they said they wanted a "different" look from the other modern shooters but I'm more a fan of authentic looking hardware, even for pure sci-fi fantasy games. BF2142, Planetside etc.

The art design for the game is locked down so I don't expect them to make any changes in that area, I'll still give it a try when it's released.

3. Re: Firefall Change Plans May 22, 2012, 23:19 Asmo

Firefall is still developing (a point most new beta "testers" ie. people who want to play a finished product RIGHT NOW!!!), but currently I'm in love with the dev teams involvement with beta testers. I don't usually go in for fanboi-ism but these guys are in there on the beta forums every day helping people directly and often putting in considered game changes based on direct feedback (including the recent Eyefinity/Surround fixes which was a direct response to one of my beta reports).

They do have a thread on the beta forums asking players currently what would keep them interested long term in the game, which may result in some new directions they haven't previously considered. All in all, I'm pretty hopeful this game will have some decent legs to it.

2. Re: Firefall Change Plans May 22, 2012, 22:49 eunichron

DangerDog wrote on May 22, 2012, 22:17:
They lost me with their whacked out graphic designs, Planetside 2 looks much better.

I got a beta invite last week, tried it out a little bit and it was decent. Nothing spectacular. Red 5 is very involved with the community and constantly responding to feedback, so hopefully it's for the better.

If you were talking about the cel-shaded look, that can be turned off in the options to give it a more traditional look. I thought it looked whacked out too, but I was glad to see the option to turn it off.

1. Re: Firefall Change Plans May 22, 2012, 22:17 DangerDog

5 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo