Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Previews

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Morning Previews May 23, 2012, 07:06 TurdFergasun

i just hope they don't botch the formula like they did with dow2, why fuck with what works, and from the statement from the preview:

"Given that the focus is still on the few rather than the many, one of Relicís challenges will be convincing of the scale of conflict and loss with the camera zoomed in so tight"

i'm rather worried that they have.. tactical rts players want a tactical rts not some watered down tactical rpg so noobs can be brought into the demographic envelope. it's almost as bad as making an fps syndicate game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Morning Previews May 22, 2012, 19:55 Jerykk

That Dishonored preview is really excellent. Goes into a ton of detail and provides information that I haven't seen anywhere else. Wish more previews did that, instead of regurgitating the same high-level shit over and over. My interest in Dishonored has increased significantly as a result.

I wish these guys could do a hands-on preview of Hitman: Absolution.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2012, 21:10.

7. Re: Morning Previews May 22, 2012, 16:41 Cutter

For some reason I thought everyone was talking about City of Heros 2. We need some new superhero games!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Morning Previews May 22, 2012, 15:16 Fantaz

The graphics look incredible for an RTS... and apparently C&C: General 2 is using the Frostbite engine, so it should look even better. I can't wait for that.2  

5. Re: Morning Previews May 22, 2012, 13:13 Verno

The base building elements in CoH are extremely rudimentary and are mainly there to allow for some build order variance.  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

4. Re: CoH2 May 22, 2012, 12:39 SpectralMeat

Oh okay then, for some reason I thought there wasn't any base building in CoH. Gotta make some time to play this again.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: CoH2 May 22, 2012, 11:48 Shok

Yeah, each side starts out with a HQ already but you still have to build barracks, supply depot, tank depot, etc. and then upgrade your HQ or buildings when you have enough fuel points or whatever.  

2. Re: CoH2 May 22, 2012, 11:37 SpectralMeat

It's been a while since I've played CoH but I don't think there were any base building, it was more like occupy this building and you can call in reinforcement. I might be wrong thought like I said it's been a long time since I've played it.

I am also curious about the game sequel RPS is hinting at the end of their article, would be nice if it was Homeworld

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. CoH2 May 22, 2012, 11:27 Shok

So I guess the same mechanics will be in CoH2 as in the original? Base building and such? I kinda like the allotment point system in Wargame:EE and don't miss base building/upgrading tedium. I guess it's pretty integral to CoH though...  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo