Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

DmC Runs to PCs Next Year

The Capcom Unity Blog has a release date for DmC and a confirmation of plans for a PC edition of the new Devil May Cry hack-and-slash. Word is the console versions are due on January 15, 2013, and that the Windows PC edition will follow later next year:

Okay Unity, let's talk DmC. We've got two big announcements regarding Ninja Theory's unique take on the Devil May Cry brand.

First, we've got an update on the release timing. The game is now set to release on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 on January 15th, 2013 in both North America and Europe. While I wish it was coming out tomorrow, this does contribute further evidence to the theory that January is a great month for Capcom. In the past, January has seen the release of such titles as Resident Evil 4, Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition, Lost Planet: Extreme Condition, and Resident Evil Revelations (well, in Europe, anyway ^^;;)

Second is that a PC version of the game is also coming later in 2013, and that its development is already well underway.

Additionally, we've got some new info and assets on the game's supporting character, Kat. I've seen a lot of speculation and inquiry about this character, who has appeared in a number of previous video assets, so hit the jump for some text and images on this new addition to the Devil May Cry lore compendium (lorependium).

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: DmC Runs to PCs Next Year May 22, 2012, 10:39 StingingVelvet

Fantaz wrote on May 21, 2012, 22:00:
Rattlehead wrote on May 21, 2012, 21:03:
I loved Devil May Cry 4 on PC and will gladly check this out pending reviews.

Well this time it's not the same guys who did DMC4, but Ninja Theory is working on this one. Dante now looks like some emo kid, and they seem to be catering to the small group of emo/goth followers... they completely lost touch with what the style was of the original game. I spoke with the original Dante voice actor, Capcom never wanted him back because they wanted to go with someone cheaper. They just contract out cheaper developers now to make sequels because they simply don't care. That mentality is going to show in the products they produce... and it will suck.

You say this like the original Dante was ever some deep or mature character.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: DmC Runs to PCs Next Year May 22, 2012, 09:28 Burrito of Peace

So it's just missing the window for Christmas in Hollis.  

14. Re: DmC Runs to PCs Next Year May 22, 2012, 08:02 eRe4s3r

Well this IS Capcom you are talking about And again they will delay the pc version for 6 months, and it'll again be a horrible console port.  

13. Re: DmC Runs to PCs Next Year May 22, 2012, 07:29 dheer

J wrote on May 22, 2012, 02:40:
Dirwulf wrote on May 21, 2012, 20:48:
DMC Runs...haha Blue.
It's like that, and that's the way it is.
It's tricky.

I wonder if he reads them, or if it's just for show.

12. Re: DmC Runs to PCs Next Year May 22, 2012, 04:11 InBlack

J wrote on May 22, 2012, 02:40:
DMC Runs...haha Blue.

Heheh.....shit Im getting old....

I have a nifty blue line!

11. Re: DmC Runs to PCs Next Year May 22, 2012, 02:40 J

DMC Runs...haha Blue.

10. Re: DmC Runs to PCs Next Year May 22, 2012, 01:06 Smellfinger

Fantaz wrote on May 21, 2012, 22:00:
Well this time it's not the same guys who did DMC4, but Ninja Theory is working on this one. Dante now looks like some emo kid, and they seem to be catering to the small group of emo/goth followers... they completely lost touch with what the style was of the original game. I spoke with the original Dante voice actor, Capcom never wanted him back because they wanted to go with someone cheaper. They just contract out cheaper developers now to make sequels because they simply don't care. That mentality is going to show in the products they produce... and it will suck.

Keiji Inafune blew the whistle on Capcom after he left. When you have 700 faceless and expendable salarymen toiling away on their little piece of a project with no regard to what everyone else is doing and no stake in the success of failure of a project, the end result is inevitably going to be mediocre. It doesn't really matter if they farm out their franchises to cut-rate developers because their in-house development is no better.

9. Re: DmC Runs to PCs Next Year May 22, 2012, 00:23 PHJF

Oh shit, I completely forgot about Dragon's Dogma what with everything else coming out just now. I'm torn between all these games I want (Starhawk, Max Payne, Dogma, and I just fuckin' started playing an MMORPG to boot).  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: DmC Runs to PCs Next Year May 21, 2012, 22:02 Wowbagger_TIP

Jivaro wrote on May 21, 2012, 21:01:
Fantaz wrote on May 21, 2012, 20:49:
We don't want to play this trash... keep it on consoles where all the DmC kiddies can have fun.

PC Gaming Master Race?
Hey, they made a choice to be dirty console gaming peasants.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

7. Re: DmC Runs to PCs Next Year May 21, 2012, 22:00 Fantaz

Rattlehead wrote on May 21, 2012, 21:03:

6. Re: DmC Runs to PCs Next Year May 21, 2012, 21:32 Jerykk

Surprising. I thought DMC4 didn't sell well on PC? It would make more sense for them to port Dragon's Dogma instead of this, though. There is an established PC fanbase for action RPGs, not so much for beat-em-ups.  

5. Re: DmC Runs to PCs Next Year May 21, 2012, 21:03 Rattlehead

We don't want to play this trash... keep it on consoles where all the DmC kiddies can have fun.

4. Re: DmC Runs to PCs Next Year May 21, 2012, 21:01 Jivaro

PC Gaming Master Race?

3. Re: DmC Runs to PCs Next Year May 21, 2012, 20:49 Fantaz

2. Re: DmC Runs to PCs Next Year May 21, 2012, 20:48 Dirwulf

DMC Runs...haha Blue.  

1. Re: DmC Runs to PCs Next Year May 21, 2012, 20:47 The Half Elf

DMC? Is it 2015 already?!?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo