Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Consolidation

View
8. Re: Evening Consolidation May 22, 2012, 05:24 Rigs

Was going through my pc gaming mag archive (nearly 400 magazines, from three main ones - Computer Gaming World (June 1992 up), PC Gamer (first issue up and some before the rename/relaunch in 1994) and NEXT Gen (man I miss that mag! It was so professionally done and on quality paper stock to top it off, I have every issue from the first to the third volume and then scattered as the quality fell off) and others like Game Players, PC Accelerator (another I miss dearly!)) and Computer and Video Games Review) and I ran into a preview of HALO as it was originally intended, as an RTS. (Yes, in case you didn't know, it was suppose to be more like HALO Wars than an FPS and for Mac only at first as well) Most of the core concepts, at least in design, are there but besides that, wow. So it went from a Mac-exclusive RTS to a Mac/PC RTS to a PC RTS to a PC FPS and then over to an Xbox exclusive FPS. I'm an unapologetic HALO fanboy, so in any form I'm down with it, but I would have loved to play it's original vision...

=-Rigs-=

'Now, we gave you a promise and we are bound by that promise and damn you for asking for it! And damn me for agreeing to it! And damn all of us to hell, because that is exactly where we're going!'
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 21, 21:01 Re: Evening Consolidation SectorEffector
  6. May 22, 04:15  Re: Evening Consolidation InBlack
>> 8. May 22, 05:24   Re: Evening Consolidation Rigs
  9. May 22, 06:01   Re: Evening Consolidation Fantaz
  10. May 22, 07:01    Re: Evening Consolidation Suckage
  2. May 21, 21:27 Re: Evening Consolidation zirik
  3. May 21, 21:54  Re: Evening Consolidation The Half Elf
  4. May 21, 22:22   Re: Evening Consolidation nin
  11. May 22, 07:25    Re: Evening Consolidation Dmitri_M
  14. May 22, 10:22   Re: Evening Consolidation Necrophob