Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Hacking?

A bunch of threads on the Diablo III forums from players who've experienced unauthorized access to their accounts suggest their may be a security issue with the action/RPG sequel or that the game's future support of real-money auctions has attracted more hacking attempts than one would consider normal. The threads in question are: Ummm...all of my gold and items are gone, Hacked. GG Online Only Single Player DRM, Hacked with an authenticator, and The hacker found (with screenshot). Thanks nin.

View
256 Replies. 13 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

216. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 11:15 MattyC

Creston wrote on May 22, 2012, 10:58:
Muscular Beaver wrote on May 22, 2012, 04:06:
Well, its Blizzard...
I remember when I was banned from WoW with a final notice, just because my IP address changed.
At least after 6 weeks a more competent superior finally got hold of my case... Still I didnt get reimbursed for the lost days I was banned.

That's fantastic. Quick, RUN to give them more of your money!

Creston

I would say the odds of him being banned because his IP changed in a game he pays a monthly fee for are roughly .001%. Also, when I still played WoW I often played the game at LAN parties, friend's houses, and even hotels when I was on the road (even in other countries). Blizzard is a company, they want his monthly fee, so yeah, I am going to have to call BS on that story.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

215. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 11:12 Mr. Tact

Uh, I'm pretty sure MB was criticizing Blizzard there, not praising them.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

214. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 11:05 Tanto Edge

Creston wrote on May 22, 2012, 10:58:
Well, its Blizzard...
I remember when I was banned from WoW with a final notice, just because my IP address changed.
At least after 6 weeks a more competent superior finally got hold of my case... Still I didnt get reimbursed for the lost days I was banned.

Creston

hahahahahahaha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

213. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 11:02 Verno

Prez wrote on May 22, 2012, 10:57:
Up to this year D2 was still the go-to ARPG.

Got to disagree with you there. D2 is absolutely murder on the eyes with today's big screens - I'll take Titan Quest any day.

I love D2 but I have to agree, it looks like absolute dogshit these days. It sucks because it's one of my favorite games of all time and I'd love to do some replays but I just can't do it anymore. TQ has a whole host of other issues but most are solved with mods and fan patches.

This online only stuff made me realize we'll never seen an Eastern Sun mod for D3 which really sucks, that mod alone gave the game years of longevity.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

212. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 10:58 Creston

Well, its Blizzard...

Creston

211. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 10:57 Prez

Up to this year D2 was still the go-to ARPG.

Got to disagree with you there. D2 is absolutely murder on the eyes with today's big screens - I'll take Titan Quest any day.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

210. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 10:56 Creston

eunichron wrote on May 22, 2012, 01:47:
Dev wrote on May 22, 2012, 01:17:
entr0py wrote on May 22, 2012, 01:15:
That is absolutely my No. 1 complaint about the game as well. In order to play on any of the fun difficulty levels you have to complete the entire game on normal (easy) once for EVERY character class. I was expecting all the online hassles, but I never thought they could screw up the difficulty so badly. It just about single-handedly ruins the game, it's not any fun this way.
Wait. WTF!? Easy on EVERY CHARACTER class? I thought I'd only need to play it once ever. How freaking boring is that. D2 wasn't that way I don't think.

I think his wording was a bit off... you don't have to complete normal with every class to play Nightmare/Hell/Inferno at all, you only have to complete it for that specific character. There is a linear progression, i.e. to play Hell you have to defeat Nightmare, to play Inferno you have to defeat Hell and be level 60 (max level). Diablo 2 was that way as well, and the reasoning is that the health and damage of the mobs are scaled up, as are the item drops (essentially the first mob in Normal is level 1, the first mob in Nightmare would be level 30). However, unlike Diablo 2, in Diablo 3 once you beat Normal you don't have to do the quests or acts in order on subsequent difficulties. For example I was just in a coop Nightmare game with a friend, we were on Act III, we were level 46-ish. Our third friend jumped in with his level 36 Witch Doctor who had only completed Act I Nightmare, but he was able to join us when we were half way through Act III. It also seems that our other friend got an experience boost as he caught up to us in levels fairly quickly. We finished all of Act III and he was level 43 or 44 while we were both 49.

I believe only Diablo 1 allowed you to choose a difficulty starting from level 1, but if I remember correctly you still had to complete the game on Normal with any character before you could play the harder difficulties.

I know the first Diablo simply unlocked the higher difficulty levels based on YOUR level. I think it unlocked Hell at level 20, and Nightmare at level 40 or thereabouts. (or the other way around, nightmare at 20 and hell at 40)

I remember that specifically because in D1 you could take a character that was traipsing around the second difficulty level, and take it into the third once it hit the right level. And then, while doing Act 1 in Hell diff, you'd earn absolutely INSANE amounts of XP, like 8 or 9K for a simple skeleton. You could level up like crazy in just a few hours.

They removed that in D2, and you could only go into Diff 3 if you killed Diablo in Diff 2. (or the other guy in the expansion if you had that installed.)

Creston

209. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 10:41 Verno

Slashman wrote on May 22, 2012, 10:37:
Actually, since they have removed stats and skill choices from the leveling process, couldn't they just start your character out at the appropriate level when you choose a higher difficulty mode?

It seems to me that this would be a much better option now that leveling is completely automated.

They don't want you skipping progression as then people would want a skip Nightmare/Hell button too. I don't know why players would want this anyway, it just encourages more AH whoring. You'd show up in Nightmare with zero items and have to farm them on a different character or go on a spending spree at the AH I'd rather earn the items myself otherwise there is pretty much no point in playing.

Although I might change my tune soon about the AH if I keep getting 3 shot in Inferno A2 by regular mobs despite having 30k health, 15k dps and a shitload of armor/resists. Having to kite as a melee class in an ARPG is really stupid btw.

This comment was edited on May 22, 2012, 10:46.

208. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 10:40 Mr. Tact

Yeah, they could. They don't want to. It is against their philosophy of the game.  

207. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 10:39 nin

Slashman wrote on May 22, 2012, 10:37:
Actually, since they have removed stats and skill choices from the leveling process, couldn't they just start your character out at the appropriate level when you choose a higher difficulty mode?

It seems to me that this would be a much better option now that leveling is completely automated.

I think blizzard realizes that no matter how much content is in the box, a select few are going to blow through it in record time and scream "that's it?!" Hence the emphasis on additional difficulty modes and forcing the player to go through them...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

206. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 10:37 Slashman

205. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 10:25 Quinn

Mr. Tact wrote on May 22, 2012, 10:20:
Besides, if it is so damn easy -- and you are one of those guys who can beat Normal in 6 hours (or whatever) -- just finish normal and get on with it. Hell, in the time you spent in these forums you probably could have gotten another character through to Nightmare!

Haha, if only! If only..

Sadly I'm a part of the big machine.. fallen for paid slavery

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

204. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 10:23 Mr. Tact

Quinn wrote on May 22, 2012, 10:21:
Only upside to this is that my wife now enjoys it, I guess.
This is the point. That's why it's that easy.

203. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 10:21 Quinn

Verno wrote on May 22, 2012, 10:13:
No, we get that you want selectable difficulties but Diablo is all about collecting crazy items and progression, skipping difficulties goes counter to that IMHO. The game will be around for many years to come and you can get "rushed" if you really want so I just don't think it's a big deal.

It's an MMO indeed, huh..

Fair enough. At least they should've made the normal mode at least normal, instead of "very easy". Only upside to this is that my wife now enjoys it, I guess.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

202. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 10:20 Mr. Tact

Besides, if it is so damn easy -- and you are one of those guys who can beat Normal in 6 hours (or whatever) -- just finish normal and get on with it. Hell, in the time you spent in these forums you probably could have gotten another character through to Nightmare!  

201. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 10:17 Mr. Tact

Yeah.

I see what you are getting at -- but making it possible to increase the difficulty from the start would really complicate things immensely for Blizzard.

Remember, the whole mindset is it's a MMO and you are building your character. Also remember that most of the millions playing the game are bad at it.

200. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 10:13 Verno

No, we get that you want selectable difficulties but Diablo is all about collecting crazy items and progression, skipping difficulties goes counter to that IMHO. The game will be around for many years to come and you can get "rushed" if you really want so I just don't think it's a big deal.  

199. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 10:11 Quinn

Mr. Tact wrote on May 22, 2012, 10:06:
Quinn wrote on May 22, 2012, 09:50:
Is it thinking out of the box by complaining that there isn't an option to play your FIRST PLAYTHROUGH WITH ANY CHARACTER on a higher difficulty than tard-easy "Normal" mode!?

*snip*

*shrug* Whatever. It is what it is.

Man, wouldn't the internet be quiet with that attitude

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

198. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 10:07 Quinn

Verno wrote on May 22, 2012, 09:52:
That's never been an option in the Diablo series Quinn so no one was expecting it. You'll have to run Normal five times assuming you make one of every character. I don't really see it as a big deal either, you can blow through Normal in no time once you've run it before. I think letting people skip Normal and just buy gear off the AH for Nightmare+ skews too far into the skipping content category. Just my 2 cents.

I see your point. I see Bhruic's point. I just don't get the sense the both of you get mine.

I obviously have less time to play than most of you. I care for my first playthrough and I want to enjoy it the fullest. Knowing that I have to drag myself through the entire game with Extreme Easy Difficulty with every character I want to experience a more fun/harder game with is ridiculous and it's beyond me why that complaint cannot be grasped by what it seems to be everyone here so far...

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

197. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 22, 2012, 10:06 Mr. Tact

Quinn wrote on May 22, 2012, 09:50:
Is it thinking out of the box by complaining that there isn't an option to play your FIRST PLAYTHROUGH WITH ANY CHARACTER on a higher difficulty than tard-easy "Normal" mode!?
Ahhh, so basically you are complaining the difficulty should be adjustable from the start and not only reachable via multiple play-throughs of the content.

While the concept itself is not insane it is counter to how most MMOs work. It's a FPS idea. *shrug* Whatever. It is what it is.

256 Replies. 13 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo