Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Steam Top 10

Valve offers this rundown on the 10 bestselling games on Steam for the week:

1. Arma II
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Torchlight II
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Collection 1
  5. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier
  6. Portal 2
  7. Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
  8. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Complete Pack
  9. Dear Esther
  10. Rayman Origins

View
38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

18. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 18:06 PHJF

When they finally got their asses together and fixed the new cdkey authentications (I wasn't alone), I got to play some Day Z...

Initial impressions are that it's virtually impossible to play at night (seriously, if you thought Doom 3 was dark... the only thing you can see in Day Z is the skybox) and that it's all very, very clunky. I guess ArmA veterans wouldn't mind this, but yeesh, movement (both player and enemy), weapons, animations, UI... everything is just mushy. It'll take some serious adjusting to get myself into this game (I've been playing a lot of Blacklight lately which has very tight mechanics).

Steam + PSN: PHJF
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 17:44 Mashiki Amiketo

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 20, 2012, 17:42:
Nice post Mashiki - just remember guys, we have the other forum and I have been keeping things in there for Skyrim and some other games.

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=topicsindex&boardid=3

Added Mashiki's post to the thread.
I completely forgot about that. Cheers man.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

16. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 17:43 Creston

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 20, 2012, 17:03:
Nope haven't seen anything like that, I was thinking ixpbumpbase, but since it doesn't use XP and it's purely on skills. Well maybe it would still work, it take more use of skills to level up then, but you'd have to test it.

No worries, I'll check on the mods forum. I'm sure SOMEONE has come up with something (well, xodarap made one that worked just fine, but it needs script dragon, and script dragon makes the game crash far too often for my liking, so...)

Creston

15. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 17:42 xXBatmanXx

Nice post Mashiki - just remember guys, we have the other forum and I have been keeping things in there for Skyrim and some other games.

http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=topicsindex&boardid=3

Added Mashiki's post to the thread.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

14. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 17:38 jdreyer

DayZ looks intense. You'd really need to arrange to play that with a few people to make it fun and reduce the PK risk a bit.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

13. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 17:18 Dmitri_M

ArmA 2 Combined Operations is on sale on Amazon.com currently for 50% off ($14.99)

I would recommend buying this version over the Steam version personally. For various reasons modding and updating the Steam version of ArmA can be a pain in the ass. The Steam versions also get the patches late.

edit: oops, I see Dev already mentioned the special below. Oh well.

12. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 17:03 Mashiki Amiketo

MadBoris wrote on May 20, 2012, 16:31:
I am looking forward to going back in to Skyrim again.
The amount of mods on the workshop must be incredible by now.
It's great to see such a moddable, open world and popular PC game, like the olden.

Bethesda did good.
Massive numbers of mods. One I can recommend is Warzones - Civil unrest Basically it adds large scale battles between both factions across the map plus random encounters where you can get your backside handed to you. I got mauled recently on my way to riften by a pack of 5 werewolves.

Off the workshop I'd also recommend dragonbone weapons(complete),
Uncle Sheogorath's Really Helpful Hints and Tips,
better *insert city here* (there's alot of them), along with beautiful *insert city*,
detailed outskirts,
lush trees, enhanced high-level gameplay,
crowded cities, The Paarthurnax Fix, arrowsmith(if you're a bow person - make your own arrows),
sounds of skyrim - wilds, and dungeons version,
stronger daedric artifacts,
resilient dragons(holy crap yeah now they're tough), dragon breath shouts(fire and ice are like dragon's now),
Bassem's better Gauldur Amulet,
SKYUI(fixes the damn awful UI - uses SKSE for search functions and other stuff, but not required, also available on nexus),
spend dragon souls for perks(not 1:1 but based on the perk level itself - 4 souls for level 4 perk, 5:5, etc), enchanting freedom, magic scaling and faster vanilla horses.

Haven't even touched on a bunch of other stuff yet, but I prefer to play casters. I'm sure someone will add more.

After I finish my current Deus Ex playthrough I'm going to play Skyrim again. Does anyone know of a GOOD level slowing mod? (That doesn't need Script Dragon)?
Nope haven't seen anything like that, I was thinking ixpbumpbase, but since it doesn't use XP and it's purely on skills. Well maybe it would still work, it take more use of skills to level up then, but you'd have to test it.

This comment was edited on May 20, 2012, 17:08.

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

11. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 16:49 Creston

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 20, 2012, 16:18:
nin wrote on May 20, 2012, 16:11:

Skyrim still going strong...

Not really shocked at that, not a single bit. I just started my second playthrough this weekend, and found myself up at 5:30am this morning still playing, wondering why I was hearing birds chirp.

Nod Nod

I know that feeling.

After I finish my current Deus Ex playthrough I'm going to play Skyrim again. Does anyone know of a GOOD level slowing mod? (That doesn't need Script Dragon)?

I haven't kept up with the Skyrim mod scene in a few months (sigh, which means I have to spend like two days just to get myself familiarized with everything again.)

Creston

10. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 16:43 Dev

fawker wrote on May 20, 2012, 16:20:
I'm waiting for the inevitable Arma II steam sale.
Its on $15 amazon sale right now

9. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 16:33 xXBatmanXx

fawker wrote on May 20, 2012, 16:20:

It's too Battlefield nixed the mod tools. I would rather be playing Day Z than one of their crappy expansions. BF3 really soured the whole battlefield experience for me.

You will be waiting a while...it was JUST ON SALE 1-2 weeks ago. 50% off too.

Steamprices.com is a great tool.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

8. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 16:33 MadBoris

About DayZ, maybe someone can comment...without going to their forum

Does the environment feel as cool as Stalker?
How is the longevity/replayability, does draw you back in?

7. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 16:31 MadBoris

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 20, 2012, 16:18:

Not really shocked at that, not a single bit. I just started my second playthrough this weekend, and found myself up at 5:30am this morning still playing, wondering why I was hearing birds chirp.

I am looking forward to going back in to Skyrim again.
The amount of mods on the workshop must be incredible by now.
It's great to see such a moddable, open world and popular PC game, like the olden.

Bethesda did good.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 16:26 Omni

It is pretty nice to see what mod's cant do for a game. Wouldn't it be fucking amazing if more game-devs would release some mod tools. I would just think of the mod's that could be made for BF3.  

5. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 16:20 fawker

It's too Battlefield nixed the mod tools. I would rather be playing Day Z than one of their crappy expansions. BF3 really soured the whole battlefield experience for me.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 16:18 Mashiki Amiketo

--
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 16:11 nin

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

2. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 16:11 Doma

Day Z is fantastic.

Also, it shows what mod support can do for a 3 year old PC game.

1. Re: Steam Top 10 May 20, 2012, 16:09 DangerDog

That Dayz mod really pumped up sales for BIS, they're probably sitting around thinking "okay, so lets make a zombie game instead of this military stuff".

38 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo