Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

So I remedied my Diablo III neglect by getting on last night and getting to take out the Skeleton King with a couple of friends. I then got sucked into a little of that signature skinner box gameplay that had me playing until around 3:00 am. This is okay on a Sunday, as I could sleep in late, except I was awakened about three hours later by Hudson the wonder dog, who was going absolutely crazy to go outside. When I went to the backdoor, I was shocked to find puddles of urine all over the kitchen floor, so I assumed I was dealing with a bathroom emergency. When I let her out, however, it quickly became apparent that she was trying to leave the yard about as desperately as I've ever seen: To the extent that I had to jump over the railing off the deck and literally drag her back into the house by her collar. By now I knew from experience what to expect... Like an idiot, I failed to change the batteries in the smoke detector as I should have when the clocks changed, and the alarm was making that low battery chirp that Huddy finds to be the most frightening thing in the entire world. It took a good 30 minutes for her to calm down, which will hopefully finally serve as a reminder to stay on top of those batteries better in the future.

Chirpy Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Firebug 2.
Match 3 Platformer.
Stories: Rocks Set Woman's Pants On Fire. Unless she's a liar. Thanks Neatorama.
Winthrop seniors' prank a job 'weld' done. Thanks Neatorama.
Media: If only Dig Dug had a boob room. NSFW.
My Life Online - The Reply Girl Phenomenon. NSFW.
Vacuuming Fail.
The Funnies: EXTRALIFE It takes a village.

View
19. Re: Out of the Blue May 21, 2012, 09:14 nin

InBlack wrote on May 21, 2012, 07:57:
fawker wrote on May 20, 2012, 16:13:
I always figured with a dog's excellent hearing, that smoke alarm chirp could be pretty painful.

As far as D3, it's become apparent I'm wasting my money cutting my own gems and crafting my own gear. I can get exactly what I want on the AH, and I don't have to hope I roll the right gear each time I hit craft. Nor do i have to pay a ton of gold to cut my small gem fragments into better ones.

A lot of really nice gear for about 15k a pop. That's a quick to get at level 35+ when you are selling your blues and yellows to the npc vendor.

My primary char is a lvl 40 Demon Hunter and I have wasted money on vendors. (LOL sounds like an AA introduction) Yeah looks like the vendors are completely useless as you can get customized gear for a fraction of the price (when you consider levels and the random nature of each craft) by taking a half hour or each day or so in the auction house. A major failing of game design on the part of NEW Blizzard.

Too bad I only figured that out at lvl 34-35 or so.

In any case Im building a character with items based around DEX, VIT and Gold Find on every slot. Good stuff.

Been doing that daily...found an amulet yesterday with like 70 vitality and +14 bonus XP per kill...for 1500 gold!! About fell out of my chair when I saw how low it was. I've basically stopped upgrading my blacksmith for the moment, as everything he makes I either can't use, or is 2-3 levels away and by then I have something better.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 20, 15:59 Re: Out of the Blue xXBatmanXx
  2. May 20, 16:05  Re: Out of the Blue nin
  3. May 20, 16:13   Re: Out of the Blue fawker
  4. May 20, 16:16    Re: Out of the Blue Mashiki Amiketo
  18. May 21, 07:57    Re: Out of the Blue InBlack
>> 19. May 21, 09:14     Re: Out of the Blue nin
  20. May 21, 09:28      Re: Out of the Blue xXBatmanXx
  21. May 21, 09:45       Re: Out of the Blue nin
  23. May 21, 10:04        Re: Out of the Blue InBlack