Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I'm hoping to get back to playing some more Diablo III today, as I only got to check it out the first night of its release. I'm guessing my level nine barbarian is the lowest ranked character of anyone who bought the game upon launch.

Low-Level Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Coffee Break Hero.
Mighty Fin EP.
Stories: Law could be used to seize musicians' guitars, may need 'fix,' senator says.
US baby boomers urged to take hepatitis C blood test.
Science: Chemicals in environment 'damaging male fertility'.
Honda's new electric unicycle plus other tech news.
Pollution cuts improve heart health - Beijing study. Science marches on.
Images: 13 Sleeping Dogs That Will Make You Chuckle. Thanks Neatorama.
Media: Parking Lot Band.
Real Life Cheat Codes.
Tido the Pimp. NSFW.
Follow-up: SpaceX’s Historic Launch Aborted Less Than A Second Prior To Launch. Thanks HARDOCP.

View
29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

29. Re: Out of the Blue May 20, 2012, 14:42 xXBatmanXx

Did Blue stay up all night playing D3? Wife is gone......never know....day is getting a little long in the tooth.....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

28. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 23:47 xXBatmanXx

oh, and those who have Diablo 3, please remember to put it in Steam so we can see you and add you, etc. Thanks!  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

27. Torchlight 2 Beta May 19, 2012, 23:47 jdreyer

Anyone playing? I have a level 17 embermage and am cruising the frosted hills currently. The game is rock-solid.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

26. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 23:47 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on May 19, 2012, 22:53:
Bucky wrote on May 19, 2012, 22:32:
The Half Elf wrote on May 19, 2012, 22:03:
Bucky did you get your Legendary's from single player, and if multiplayer how many people on the server?

I got 1 around 12 or so off a Treasure Troll.

All single player. I didn't want to be rushed through the game before I'd gone through it at least once at my own pace. I don't remember what my exact MF bonus was, but I doubt it was high as I was focusing mostly on strength and vitality.

Mine was also in single player, just trying to figure out if it's single player only or not.

Just starting Act 2, so I only have tons of yellows - but I am only playing with people who "break everything" as Bucky put it. I will have a few play throughs before I quit doing that!

25. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 22:53 The Half Elf

Bucky wrote on May 19, 2012, 22:32:
Bucky did you get your Legendary's from single player, and if multiplayer how many people on the server?

All single player. I didn't want to be rushed through the game before I'd gone through it at least once at my own pace. I don't remember what my exact MF bonus was, but I doubt it was high as I was focusing mostly on strength and vitality.

Mine was also in single player, just trying to figure out if it's single player only or not.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

24. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 22:32 Bucky

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 22:04 AnointedSword

45 barb...I am behind as well...  
If you were right, I would be agreeing with you.

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 22:03 The Half Elf

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 19:55 Bucky

So, I just beat D3. 22 hours, level 32 Barbarian. I ate dirt a few times on the last act; I'm definitely going to need to farm some better gear and work on my build.

I've decided to give the Demon Hunter a try. I figure I might as well go all the way when it comes to a ranged class, and I hated the DH during the Beta.

I also managed to get two legendary drops during my time with the Barbarian-once from a tiny chest and once from a barrel. Sure, drop rates are better on elites/champions/bosses, but I'm gonna keep breaking everything in sight.

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 19:30 Cutter

Thanks, euni, much obliged, dude.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 19:06 eunichron

Cutter wrote on May 19, 2012, 18:32:
Thanks euni and Helf. Is it possible one of you guys can just shoot it to me through email? You can do it through my profile here.

And Helf, what's yer Steam id - mine is Cutter. Also, are you and euni in the Blues group? If not you guys should join up with that. And yeah, we'll have to see about getting a group/clan up around these parts for MW! Can't wait for that!!! Booyah!

Key sent, just let me know if you got Half Elf's first.

I thought I was in the Blue's Steam group, but it appears I am not. Time to remedy that.

18. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 18:42 xXBatmanXx

The Half Elf wrote on May 19, 2012, 18:39:
Thanks euni and Helf. Is it possible one of you guys can just shoot it to me through email? You can do it through my profile here.

And Helf, what's yer Steam id - mine is Cutter. Also, are you and euni in the Blues group? If not you guys should join up with that. And yeah, we'll have to see about getting a group/clan up around these parts for MW! Can't wait for that!!! Booyah!

Yeah it's CptRanger on Steam as well and I believe I am in the Blues Group. If ya ever need a co-op buddy for Saints Row 3 I'll hook ya up with vehicles and weapons, just ask Bats (but don't ask about the naked pics).

hehhehe I have done almost all of SR3 co-op. It is such a blast! Would be up for some more of that!

17. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 18:39 The Half Elf

Yeah it's CptRanger on Steam as well and I believe I am in the Blues Group. If ya ever need a co-op buddy for Saints Row 3 I'll hook ya up with vehicles and weapons, just ask Bats (but don't ask about the naked pics).

16. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 18:33 xXBatmanXx

WOO!

I'll Have Another wins Preakness!

Amazing.

...ok, back to gaming talk.

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 18:32 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 17:57 eunichron

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 19, 2012, 17:11:
I dont' know how to check for those codes

Guest passes are only in the boxed editions, 1 in the standard, 3 in the collector's.

13. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 17:47 nin

Pigeon wrote on May 19, 2012, 17:38:
The Half Elf wrote on May 19, 2012, 15:33:
Alamar wrote on May 19, 2012, 13:37:
Bucky wrote on May 19, 2012, 12:26:
My Barb is level 30 and chugging through Act III. I've created one of each class, but none of the others have even gotten past the Skeleton King yet. Once I finish normal with the Barb I'll probably take another class (non-melee) through; any votes on which one?

I've died a few times with the Barb, mostly because of the play style that class encourages: rush in and keep swinging. It's easy to get in over your head if you're not careful.

I went through on a Barb first... And am messing around with a Wizard now, so that's what I would suggest ; )

As for Barb... past lvl 15 (maybe a bit earlier), I stopped dying... I would Furious Charge into a group... Ground Stomp (with suction) to stun, then Rend and if it's up, Revenge... I'm hoping most of this spec will be viable in later content, but I may have to change Charge to Leap or some such...

-Alamar

I am now a 32 wizard just beat the game 4 mins before work this morning, and while I was chugging along fine, starting of Act III, I hit a horrible wall that sucked until I hit 30. Maybe later Mages get some nice AOE damage, but it was painful in Co-Op games.

Next stop, Monks!

Could be a gear issue, just look for a good wand with high damage, int and attack speed. For AoE my favorite is a frost nova wave of force combo, that seems to clear out most foes pretty quick.

I'm surprised how much I use the AH (as I wasn't planning to). I find the best gear there (crafted gear isn't as good, or I'm always 2-3 levels away), and the prices are reasonable, based on how quickly you earn gold.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 17:38 Pigeon

The Half Elf wrote on May 19, 2012, 15:33:
Alamar wrote on May 19, 2012, 13:37:
Bucky wrote on May 19, 2012, 12:26:
My Barb is level 30 and chugging through Act III. I've created one of each class, but none of the others have even gotten past the Skeleton King yet. Once I finish normal with the Barb I'll probably take another class (non-melee) through; any votes on which one?

I've died a few times with the Barb, mostly because of the play style that class encourages: rush in and keep swinging. It's easy to get in over your head if you're not careful.

I went through on a Barb first... And am messing around with a Wizard now, so that's what I would suggest ; )

As for Barb... past lvl 15 (maybe a bit earlier), I stopped dying... I would Furious Charge into a group... Ground Stomp (with suction) to stun, then Rend and if it's up, Revenge... I'm hoping most of this spec will be viable in later content, but I may have to change Charge to Leap or some such...

-Alamar

I am now a 32 wizard just beat the game 4 mins before work this morning, and while I was chugging along fine, starting of Act III, I hit a horrible wall that sucked until I hit 30. Maybe later Mages get some nice AOE damage, but it was painful in Co-Op games.

Next stop, Monks!

Could be a gear issue, just look for a good wand with high damage, int and attack speed. For AoE my favorite is a frost nova wave of force combo, that seems to clear out most foes pretty quick.

11. Re: Out of the Blue May 19, 2012, 17:11 xXBatmanXx

I dont' know how to check for those codes, but I will look tonight, had some people ask, if I have an extra I will send it over bud. (disregard - I don't have a box copy.....)

Almost 30 hours into D3:
Normal:
Level 20 Monk: By far my favorite class
Level 17 Barb: A blast. Love playing as a tank.
Level 8 Voodoo: Kinda weird, but have seen higher levels and it is pretty bad ass.
Level 8 Hunter: Looks like it will be fun. Have friends who has very powerful characters.
Level 4 Wizard: Not my thing at all. Early level character is difficult to play, I probably just don't know what I am doing. Not my playstyle at all.

Hardcore:
Level 6 Barb. Figured I needed a Barb to survive! hhaahaha

Have my Monk and Barb at close to 50% magic find, getting lots of good drops. It will come soon that my gear will suck and hopefully find something good to replace it. Having fun jumping in and out of friend's games and sharing gear.

Also not sure how the drop system functions, ie: % of total player classes is the % of drops, but I haven't found much of anything for a wizard. Mostly Barb and Hunter. Weird.

This comment was edited on May 19, 2012, 17:18.

10. Chemicals in environment 'damaging male fertility' May 19, 2012, 17:08 jdreyer

I don't see too much of a downside here. The world is overpopulated as it is, and if pollution reduces population, then the ultimate result is less pollution. Seems like this is a self correcting mechanism.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

29 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo