Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend

Surely coincidental with the recent release of rival Diablo III, the Torchlight II Website announces this weekend will be a stress test for Runic's action/RPG sequel, as they will evaluate the burden the game will place on their infrastructure and everyone's mouse buttons (thanks AusGamers via VG247). Here's word:

Hi Everyone! We've been busy squashing bugs and deploying patches - 8, in fact! - since our last update. The Torchlight II beta is going really well, and is nearing its end. But before we go, we're going to do a wide network stress test this weekend! We'll be sending out many more beta codes to those who have already made their Runic Games Account. Haven't signed up yet? Go for it now! Creating your account is always your best chance to receive a beta invite - especially this weekend.

The Beta Weekend will start on Friday, May 18th at 11:00am PDT and go until Tuesday, May 22nd at 11:00am PDT. We will be staggering invitations to let participants know they have been chosen, but you will not be able to play until the start of the Beta Weekend on Friday. This is to help stagger downloading of the game client.

The beta will end shortly after this last big network test. We are going to get the last information we need for stress testing, and then get back to finishing the game! A longer beta means a longer wait until we can ship, and we are eager to finish Torchlight II and get it in your hands. Thanks to all our fans who've supported us, participated in, and promoted the beta. It's incredibly fulfilling to see you guys play the game and enjoy it as much as we do.

View
150 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

90. Re: Signed up! May 18, 2012, 19:22 xXBatmanXx

ASeven wrote on May 18, 2012, 19:19:
4 hours to go and $505K already, the last stretch goal is at $520K.

Some very cool stuff they are adding too!
Pretty excited for this.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

89. Re: Signed up! May 18, 2012, 19:19 ASeven

4 hours to go and $505K already, the last stretch goal is at $520K.  

88. Re: Signed up! May 18, 2012, 19:09 Ant

Prez wrote on May 18, 2012, 18:57:
As much as I want to play this one, I hate playing betas. I'll just wait for the release. Impatiently.
But it's a free sample. Is Torchlight 2 going to have a freebie sampler after its release?

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

87. Re: Signed up! May 18, 2012, 18:57 Prez

As much as I want to play this one, I hate playing betas. I'll just wait for the release. Impatiently.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

86. Signed up! May 18, 2012, 18:49 Ant

So who got their beta codes? I haven't gotten it yet.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

85. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 18:45 Wowbagger_TIP

eunichron wrote on May 18, 2012, 17:46:
ASeven wrote on May 18, 2012, 17:13:
(Coincidence or maybe not?)

Yes, it is. Now, if they had suddenly met all of their stretch goals (though they are close to meeting all of their goals) and jumped to 30k+ backers, then I'd call it a correlation.
Well they did meet all their stretch goals. They had to add new goals for beyond $500K (actually i don't think they even had goals near $500K originally).

On the subject of TL2, I'm having fun so far as an Outlander. Funny thing (spoiler-ish):

I found Chester Copperpot!

This comment was edited on May 18, 2012, 18:52.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

84. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 17:54 AngelicPenguin

InBlack wrote on May 18, 2012, 10:51:
You are either A) a Liar B) a Blizzard fanboy C) One of the few people who can play the game without the INFAMOUS STUTTERING, ASSET LOADING ISSUE.

I've never had this issue and I've been playing a ton with a bunch of friends (who aren't complaining either.) Other than the first night when the US servers were taken offline, I've had zero problems.

I'm sorry you have had issues, but that doesn't make the rest of us "liars" or part of a "few."

Anyway, wasn't this thread about Torchlight 2? I found the first one fun, albeit a bit repetitive, so I'll probably get the sequel.

83. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 17:46 eunichron

(Coincidence or maybe not?)

Yes, it is. Now, if they had suddenly met all of their stretch goals (though they are close to meeting all of their goals) and jumped to 30k+ backers, then I'd call it a correlation.

82. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 17:43 Creston

In other news:

Grim Dawn Kickstarter has seen in the past 2 days (Coincidence or maybe not?) the most profitable days in terms of project donations. In 2 days it reached almost $500K and with 6 hours to spare till the end of the project they will easily make it.

Interesting, only after D3 got released did the kickstarter funding massively increase. Hmmmm....

Most kickstarters get a big jump in the final few days. I think Shadowrun made like half a million bucks in the last three days, and so did wasteland 2.

Creston

81. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 17:27 MajorD

1AngryGamer wrote on May 18, 2012, 15:48:
Creston wrote on May 18, 2012, 15:46:
Overon wrote on May 18, 2012, 15:23:
Will torchlight require a persistent online connection for single player and/or a login like Diablo 3?

No, it won't.

Creston

OH NO ITS SO BAD TO HAVE THAT EEEEK!!! I CANT HANDLE THE YEAR 2012!

WEEEEEE LOOK AT ME, I'M LIKE A LEAF MOVING THROUGH THE WIND IN WHATEVER DIRECTION IT MOVES ME WITHOUT QUESTIONING ANYTHING. YAY, INGNORANCE IS BLISS.....WEEEEEEE........

80. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 17:13 ASeven

In other news:

Grim Dawn Kickstarter has seen in the past 2 days (Coincidence or maybe not?) the most profitable days in terms of project donations. In 2 days it reached almost $500K and with 6 hours to spare till the end of the project they will easily make it.

Interesting, only after D3 got released did the kickstarter funding massively increase. Hmmmm....

79. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 16:58 Zanthar

Torchlight II, the welfare burger of games.  

78. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 16:47 Creston

Overon wrote on May 18, 2012, 16:10:
You mad bro?

Please stop quoting the trolls. The ignore button doesn't filter those. (FRANS!!!!!)

Creston

77. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 16:37 Slashman

Overon wrote on May 18, 2012, 16:10:
Will torchlight require a persistent online connection for single player and/or a login like Diablo 3?

No, it won't.

Creston

You mad bro?

Nah...he's just stupid.

76. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 16:10 Overon

No, it won't.

Creston

You mad bro?

75. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 15:48 Angrius Maximis

No, it won't.

Creston

74. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 15:46 Creston

No, it won't.

Creston

73. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 15:30 Creston

Cutter wrote on May 18, 2012, 14:06:
Creston wrote on May 18, 2012, 13:56:
Even IF it happens this year, I figure it'll come out in December, not in October. But yeah, it's likely going to be next year. (hopefully early!!!)

I'm starting to get itchy for news about the next Red Dead game too. God I love RDR.

Creston

You and me both, buddy. RDR is honestly now one of my all time favourites. It really was an exceptionally good game all around. It would have been that much better had they done a (good) PC port with it. No one has ever mocap'd horses the way they did. And the flavour of being able to ride through the southern US and kick on in to ol' Mexico during that period was like living out a movie. Gadzooks I think I'll have to play through it again soon. I sure hope there will be a follow-up to it and we don't have to wait too long.

I actually just finished another playthrough. Got 100% too, just because I wanted to do it once.

They'll make a follow-up. It sold like 900 hojillion copies. Rockstar isn't stupid.

Creston

72. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 15:23 eunichron

sauron wrote on May 18, 2012, 15:09:
eunichron wrote on May 18, 2012, 14:59:
Cartoony, childish, graphics. Bland, trite, skills and skill trees. Unimaginative character classes. Hopefully they've fixed some of that for TL2.

Sounds like WoW, so it should make an enormous profit.

I can see where you're coming from though. Most of the time, I too go for deep, immersive RPGs with realistic graphics. But some of the time, TL just fits the bill perfectly. I have no idea why.

Yeah, I realize the graphics are subjective, I just don't prefer that graphic style, or it just has to be really over the top (like Orcs Must Die!!), and TL wasn't. Though in some of the TL2 videos it looks like they've added some zazz to the animations.

71. Re: Torchlight II Stress Test This Weekend May 18, 2012, 15:23 Overon

150 Replies. 8 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo