Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I've been working extra-hard the past couple of years on teaching an old dog new tricks, as I've been working on getting Hudson the wonder dog past the dog aggression she's developed since she suffered an attack years ago. Yesterday we had no fewer than five encounters on our walk, and for four of them, she did not even bark, much less strain at the leash. The final one resulted in more of an outburst, as we turned a corner leaving her basically face-to-face with the other pooch, so I think it's proximity related: It seems to me she can tolerate the other dog as long as it's outside her exaggerated sense of her personal space, which is about 20 feet in diameter. Could be better, but it's been a lot worse, so I'll take the progress.

Progressive Links: Thanks Ant and Mike Martinez and Acleacius.
Play: Vehicles Level Pack.
Rubble Trouble Tokyo.
Links: Limited Edition P-body Portal Gun Replica.
250th anniversary of the sandwich.
Stories: Pythons Swallow Whole Deer in Florida, $6 Million Tab. Thanks brother19.
Media: Every Swear Word In Every Oscar Nominee For Best Picture. NSFW.
Zuckerberg - (The Musical).
Portal companion cube puzzle box.
The Funnies: Why Nikola Tesla was the greatest geek who ever lived.
Follow-up: Prometheus viral - "Quiet Eye".

View
23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

23. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2012, 09:22 nin

Sepharo wrote on May 17, 2012, 22:53:
The Deus Ex HR timeline is starting...

Fuck, I thought you meant a countdown to an announcement about the next game...

FUCK!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

22. Re: Out of the Blue May 18, 2012, 00:15 jdreyer

nin wrote on May 17, 2012, 10:20:
“I think she’s right between us,” the biologist next to me says. He points his antenna at my feet, which I can’t see in the murky water. Nor can I see the snake, until the slightest movement betrays her location, about a yard away.

I would shit myself, right there on the spot.

My mother kept a ball python for years. Beautiful animal, and it loved to hang out on people to absorb the warmth. She had a huge terrarium for it, and would change the branches weekly so she'd have new ways to climb around. Granted, it was only four feet long, not twenty...

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2012, 22:53 Sepharo

The Deus Ex HR timeline is starting...  

20. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2012, 17:50 Cutter

I think Bats has been completely absorbed by D3. Everytime I've looked at my Steam friends list for the last 24 hours he's in D3. Heh.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2012, 16:54 mag

Edison: Steve Jobs

Tesla: Wozniak

18. Re: Tesla May 17, 2012, 16:41 MajorD

Everytime I saw posts hre regarding Tesla today, this came to mind each time for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2zwBRa0YhA

Rock Out, Rock On!!! Wink

17. Re: Tesla May 17, 2012, 16:28 Mashiki Amiketo

Killer Kane wrote on May 17, 2012, 12:34:
Pretty sick & tired of the Edison bashing, revisionist diminishing of the man's accomplishments be damned.
Edison deserves all the bashing he gets. And he wasn't the only one, he was the only one who managed to land a contract on it. The shelby bulb should be a fine example of why your point is wrong.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

16. Re: Tesla May 17, 2012, 15:27 Cutter

Killer Kane wrote on May 17, 2012, 12:34:
Pretty sick & tired of the Edison bashing, revisionist diminishing of the man's accomplishments be damned. Was he a viscous businessman, sure...look at the savage times the man lived through. The truth is probably closer to a combination of the legend and this negative recent view of him. He MADE THE LIGHT BULB USABLE!...other inventors could not get the thing to last more than a few seconds...haters!

Yes, but Edison was a douchebag though. A major one at that. He was also highly overrated. Tesla is, in fact and in deed, the man.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

15. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2012, 15:17 nin

NegaDeath wrote on May 17, 2012, 14:42:
Tesla is one of those very few people who could be used to justify human cloning.

David Bowie would agree.

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2012, 14:42 NegaDeath

Tesla is one of those very few people who could be used to justify human cloning.  

13. Re: Dog costume May 17, 2012, 14:30 PHJF

Anyone playing Tera? I think I'll pick it up on Amazon in a couple days when its $25. The one thing that's always bugged me about MMORPGs is the horrible combat, and while this doesn't exactly look like God of War it looks like a significant step in the right direction.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

12. Re: Dog costume May 17, 2012, 14:00 MajorD

Quboid wrote on May 17, 2012, 13:32:
I'm not a fan of dog costumes but to be fair, this is genius.

http://twitpic.com/9lqh2t/full

LOL! That is classic!

Siberian Huskies are typically very headstrong, so to get that one in a custom like that, it must be very much tame. I have a Siberian Husky, and as nice and loving as she is, I don’t think I cold pull that off. ;-)

11. Dog costume May 17, 2012, 13:32 Quboid

I'm not a fan of dog costumes but to be fair, this is genius.

http://twitpic.com/9lqh2t/full

- Quboid

10. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2012, 12:50 toT

Link to elephant electrocution vid...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr6xBz-h99U

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2012, 12:36 Sugarman

Agreed, awesome write up on Tesla, he is probably the most underrated inventor of all time.

Edit: I seem to remember Edison publicly frying an elephant to scare the crap outta people using alternating current, I believe there's actually video of it somewhere. I know it was a different time then but damn.

This comment was edited on May 17, 2012, 12:49.

Edit: It seems he just got video of the elephant being electrocuted, it was put down for killing 3 people, damn you internets and your cruel rumor starting tendencies.

8. Re: Tesla May 17, 2012, 12:34 Killer Kane

Pretty sick & tired of the Edison bashing, revisionist diminishing of the man's accomplishments be damned. Was he a viscous businessman, sure...look at the savage times the man lived through. The truth is probably closer to a combination of the legend and this negative recent view of him. He MADE THE LIGHT BULB USABLE!...other inventors could not get the thing to last more than a few seconds...haters!  

7. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2012, 11:30 Mr. Tact

Beamer wrote on May 17, 2012, 10:20:
Not to repeat my post, but here are some UE4 screenshots:
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2012/05/ff_unreal4/?pid=2550
I'll believe it when I see it. Compare the D3 trailer to the D3 in-game graphics -- worlds apart.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

6. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2012, 11:26 MajorD

I finally took the time to watch the Chernobyl Diaries trailer on line after seeing all the billboards throughout my travels. It looks like it 'may' have the ‘potential’ of being pretty decent, but time will tell. I just hope it isn't one of those scenarios where they show all the good portions of the movie in the trailer, in turn causing the movie to be uninspiring.

5. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2012, 10:43 nin

InBlack wrote on May 17, 2012, 10:36:
“I think she’s right between us,” the biologist next to me says. He points his antenna at my feet, which I can’t see in the murky water. Nor can I see the snake, until the slightest movement betrays her location, about a yard away.

I heard from reliable sources that snake meat is quite tasty. Tada! Problem solved

I'm betting some of the larger ones heard the same thing about humans...

4. Re: Out of the Blue May 17, 2012, 10:36 InBlack

I heard from reliable sources that snake meat is quite tasty. Tada! Problem solved

I have a nifty blue line!

23 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo