Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads

Hi-Rez Studios announces that the client for Tribes: Ascend has been downloaded more than one million times since the launch of the multiplayer shooter sequel a bit over a month ago. "We’re thrilled that over 1 million gamers have discovered the fast-paced and skill-based gameplay of Tribes," said Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios Chief Operating Officer. "It is truly the player support of the title that has driven the population growth and fuels our team to deliver updates."

View
88 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

8. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 12:11 Wildone

This game is ugly as shit and when I played, I had a laser gun that was definitely firing at sub light speed, slower than bullets in fact it was useless. Pass.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 12:10 The Pyro

I've been playing about 2 or 3 matches every night for the last couple weeks. I generally wait 30 to 60 seconds in the queue before joining a match, and almost every game has at least 20 players. Most matches are completely full.

Last night I tried out being a path/flag capper- it IS as easy as it looks. I don't even have the accelerator pack. It takes a whole crack team of flag defenders and only 1 or 2 competent cappers to win a match. It's getting kind of boring actually.

You might have gotten lucky with regards to the skill of your opponents. My experience so far has been that there's a high skill ceiling. The game is biased towards offense, certainly, but that goes both ways; you can't capture the enemy flag if the other team has yours. Exciting matches result when both teams are racing around the map trying to retrieve their own flag while at the same time defending their flag carrier. In those situations good chasers (i.e. dedicated flag-chasing light classes, usually pathfinders) are worth their weight in gold.

It's pretty easy to make some high-speed flag grabs without the thrust pack. The thrust pack really shines, though, when trying to chase down the enemy flag carrier.

6. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 12:03 Veterator

I play a couple matches nearly every day for the Win of the Day XP bonus. Besides that, it still has a major problem with team stacking. It's really irritating. If I play 5 matches in a day it's because the first four were so stacked there was no chance of winning, so then I stack with the rest, win and quit.

It's not even fun steamrolling the other team, it's certainly not fun being steam rolled, but they just keep on stacking. These are LOOOONGGG term players doing this crap. Having a couple platinum or max rank players + 5 more gold players against your 1 gold, handful of silvers and the rest bronze is BS and they need to fix it on pubs.

5. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 12:01 Panickd

Matshock wrote on May 16, 2012, 11:25:
Last night I tried out being a path/flag capper- it IS as easy as it looks. I don't even have the accelerator pack. It takes a whole crack team of flag defenders and only 1 or 2 competent cappers to win a match. It's getting kind of boring actually.

Long story short- this game is going to need siege mode if it is to have a longer-term appeal.

CTF matches are highly variable especially on pubs. Some "teams" don't have a clue how to properly setup a defense. Some have no chasers and so if you can manage to run the gauntlet and get the flag you will probably get away easily with it. Some groups are full of players that have no interest in anything other than racking up an impressive kill number, protecting or getting the flag are foreign concepts to them. It's the nature of a game like this coming F2P right out of the gate. A game that requires teamwork to do well isn't so much fun when you're playing with or against a team made up entirely of people who are only interested in doing whatever they want whether it helps the team or not.

4. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 11:46 Coolone

I'm still having a great time with it.  

3. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 11:26 Matshock

Morgan19 wrote on May 16, 2012, 11:18:
Downloaded, maybe. I'd be curious to know how many of that million are actually playing.

I can still get a full match anytime in the evening out in Western USA.

2. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 11:25 Matshock

Long story short- this game is going to need siege mode if it is to have a longer-term appeal.

1. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 11:18 Morgan19

Downloaded, maybe. I'd be curious to know how many of that million are actually playing.  

88 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo