Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saints Row 4 Outed?

The LinkedIn Profile for David Payne seems to reveal the next installment in the Saints Row series of open world action games, as it lists his current positions as: "Lead Prop & Weapon Artist, Saints Row 4 - Volition, Inc." There's nothing more at the moment, but this suggests production on the next Saints Row game may already be underway. Thanks supererogatory.

View
22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

22. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 17, 2012, 06:26 Burrito of Peace

Jerykk wrote on May 16, 2012, 22:33:
Now, granted, like the psychosexual broad, Saints Row has a glaring problem (at least that I and a couple friends experienced). If you play co-op over Live, and your client gets desynced, your save game is seriously fucked.

The game doesn't use GFWL.

There's also Xbox Live, Jerykk.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

21. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 17, 2012, 02:50 Fantaz

yeh, we all knew it was coming out anyway so need for an announcement  

20. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 22:42 Bumpy

I'm waiting for the GOTY addition with much of the DLC included before I buy SR3.

19. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 22:33 Jerykk

Now, granted, like the psychosexual broad, Saints Row has a glaring problem (at least that I and a couple friends experienced). If you play co-op over Live, and your client gets desynced, your save game is seriously fucked.

The game doesn't use GFWL.

18. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 19:08 DusterAZ

Creston wrote on May 16, 2012, 18:38:

I keep waiting on a slightly cheaper sale than $25. It's not as if I have time to play it right now anyway.

Creston

On sale today on Green Man Gaming for $15 and change with coupon SPACE-SAINT-GIFTS. I just bought it

17. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 18:38 Creston

nin wrote on May 16, 2012, 16:45:
It's really, really good, providing you don't mind some very weird / silly shit. It's not a serious game at all.

Yeah, the story is goofy as fuck and may not always make sense, but it's all about fun gameplay, and it has that in spades.

Highly recommended.

I keep waiting on a slightly cheaper sale than $25. It's not as if I have time to play it right now anyway.

Creston

16. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 17:56 Burrito of Peace

Morgan19 wrote on May 16, 2012, 14:31:
I played all the GTAs, but never tried SR. I take it from the comments here, you guys'd recommend SR3? Looks like a fun game from gameplay vidoes on YouTube.

Yes.

I would recommend it in this way:

Playing any GTA past Vice City is like being tortured, violated and kept "company" by the single most boring, fat and dumpy broad to walk the earth. The kind of landwhale who would quote bad romcoms and chick flicks lines at you in every situation possible, no matter how tenuously relevant it may have been. After a short amount of time, you notice how shallow, lifeless and alarmingly stereotypical she is, even as she claims to be deep, compelling and free-spirited.

Saints Row, on the other hand, is like that crazy and hot broad you nailed in college. She was hellaciously fun at parties, would fuck your brains out six ways from Sunday when you called her at 3am on a Wednesday and never expected so much as a call the next morning.

I should make it clear: I love the Saints Row series like a fat dude loves Asian women. Grand Theft Auto is one of the most overhyped and ridiculously badly written game series of all time, in my opinion. Your mileage may vary. Try your waitress, tip the veal.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2012, 18:10.

15. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 16:45 nin

It's really, really good, providing you don't mind some very weird / silly shit. It's not a serious game at all.

Yeah, the story is goofy as fuck and may not always make sense, but it's all about fun gameplay, and it has that in spades.

Highly recommended.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

14. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 16:24 Jdrez

I played all the GTAs, but never tried SR. I take it from the comments here, you guys'd recommend SR3? Looks like a fun game from gameplay vidoes on YouTube.

13. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 15:57 nin

fawker wrote on May 16, 2012, 15:52:
Does this mean no more crappy dlc for part three, then?

It's weird - before launch, they talked about something like 40+ weeks of DLC, and it didn't happen. Yet THQ also likes to brag about how successful it (the DLC) was...

12. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 15:53 Cutter

I quite enjoyed SR3, so I'll be in on this, yeah.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 15:52 fawker

Does this mean no more crappy dlc for part three, then?  

10. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 14:38 NKD

It's like San Andreas or Vice City on Steroids + Acid + the T-Virus.

Doesn't go anywhere near the kind of "sandbox in name only" thing they did with GTA4.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

9. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 14:31 Morgan19

8. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 14:30 NKD

Shut up and take my money!  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

7. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 13:20 Steele Johnson

Considering it was the only game that made THQ any money, I can see why it's being announced.  

6. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 12:58 Trevellian

killer_roach wrote on May 16, 2012, 12:07:
Hopefully it happens... remember they're owned by THQ, which just had yet another quarter of losing more money than their entire market capitalization.

I have a hard time trusting any THQ plans for anything past next week at this point.

Even if THQ goes under I am fairly sure someone will pick up Volition and the Saints Row series as it's the only real competition GTA has. Someone will want it.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Kyrios in ArcheAge

5. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 12:07 killer_roach

Hopefully it happens... remember they're owned by THQ, which just had yet another quarter of losing more money than their entire market capitalization.

I have a hard time trusting any THQ plans for anything past next week at this point.

4. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 11:14 Techie714

nin wrote on May 16, 2012, 11:01:
I actually have some emergency vacation days set aside for GTA, if it ships this fall. SR, not so much.

If not, they'll work fine for snow days next winter. OR GTA THEN!!!!!!!

LOL nice!

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

3. Re: Saints Row 4 Outed? May 16, 2012, 11:01 nin

I actually have some emergency vacation days set aside for GTA, if it ships this fall. SR, not so much.

If not, they'll work fine for snow days next winter. OR GTA THEN!!!!!!!

22 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo