Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mass Effect 3 MP DLC Revealed?

Kotaku reports on a since-removed post on the Hong Kong PlayStation site that reveals apparent plans for a multiplayer DLC pack for Mass Effect 3, BioWare's action/RPG sequel. Before the Adjustment Bureau did its thing they snagged the following description:

The Rebellion Multiplayer Expansion opens two new fronts against the Reapers: Firebase Jade's jungle reservoir and Firebase Goddess on Thessia. In-game reinforcement packs now include three new weapons as well as equipment, consumables, and six new classes: Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator, Vorcha Soldier and Sentinel, Phoenix Adept and Vanguard. The battle continues hold the line!

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Mass Effect 3 MP DLC Revealed? May 17, 2012, 15:47 Creston

entr0py wrote on May 16, 2012, 23:06:
Creston wrote on May 16, 2012, 18:36:
Grumpy Sod wrote on May 16, 2012, 17:45:
and six new classes: Quarian Engineer and Infiltrator..

Yes, those are new... oO

P.S. Yes, I know I'm meant to bitch about EA, sorry

I believe they're meant to signify Male Quarians. Why that's considered a different race, I have no idea.

Creston

In the last expansion pack there was two types of Asari adept, each with her own unique set of powers and distinct look. Sort of like sub-classes. It could be that again, but I bet you're right that they're males.

Yeah, the Justicar. Though she was just considered a different class, not a different race.

We'll see when they announce it. Chris Priestley said they'd announce it "before the end of the month", which is why I figured it'd come out next month.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Mass Effect 3 MP DLC Revealed? May 16, 2012, 23:06 entr0py

Creston wrote on May 16, 2012, 18:36:

Yes, those are new... oO

I believe they're meant to signify Male Quarians. Why that's considered a different race, I have no idea.

Creston

In the last expansion pack there was two types of Asari adept, each with her own unique set of powers and distinct look. Sort of like sub-classes. It could be that again, but I bet you're right that they're males.

This comment was edited on May 16, 2012, 23:12.

11. Re: Mass Effect 3 MP DLC Revealed? May 16, 2012, 18:36 Creston

Yes, those are new... oO

Creston

10. Re: Mass Effect 3 MP DLC Revealed? May 16, 2012, 17:45 Grumpy Sod

Yes, those are new... oO

9. Re: Mass Effect 3 MP DLC Revealed? May 16, 2012, 16:50 Creston

CrushBug wrote on May 16, 2012, 16:08:
Creston wrote on May 16, 2012, 13:05:
Probably won't come out until next month, and they're likely going to charge for it, which will be the death of the MP.

Creston
Notes date and time of this prediction.

Free MP packs was always our plan, regardless of speculation to the contrary. I don't believe there are any plans to change that for any possible future map pack DLC.

If you release it on the 31st just to spite me, I'm going to be SO ANGRY, DEREK!!!

But if it's free, then that's awesome, and I happily stand corrected.

Creston

8. Re: Mass Effect 3 MP DLC Revealed? May 16, 2012, 16:08  CrushBug 

Probably won't come out until next month, and they're likely going to charge for it, which will be the death of the MP.

Creston
Notes date and time of this prediction.

Free MP packs was always our plan, regardless of speculation to the contrary. I don't believe there are any plans to change that for any possible future map pack DLC.

Derek French
Technical Producer
BioWare

7. Re: Mass Effect 3 MP DLC Revealed? May 16, 2012, 14:50 Verno

NKD wrote on May 16, 2012, 14:32:
Didn't you get burned trying to predict the "pay" status of the last two DLCs? I guess if you make the same claim over and over you're bound to be right eventually.

To be fair they pretty much had to do free DLC after the ending fiasco which turned into a PR nightmare for Bioware.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

6. Re: Mass Effect 3 MP DLC Revealed? May 16, 2012, 14:40 Quinn

Linthat22 wrote on May 16, 2012, 13:53:
I forgot all about ME3 once I beat the game. I don't care anymore about the "explained" ending DLC or any other DLC they pump for this game. EA and Bioware did this game series right, by jeffing it up.

Same here. Completely forgotten about it. Like none of the games ever existed.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

5. Re: Mass Effect 3 MP DLC Revealed? May 16, 2012, 14:32 NKD

It was funny how quickly EAware came onto the forum to deny these rumors. (ie, it's true.)

Creston

Didn't you get burned trying to predict the "pay" status of the last two DLCs? I guess if you make the same claim over and over you're bound to be right eventually.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: Mass Effect 3 MP DLC Revealed? May 16, 2012, 13:53 Linthat22

I forgot all about ME3 once I beat the game. I don't care anymore about the "explained" ending DLC or any other DLC they pump for this game. EA and Bioware did this game series right, by jeffing it up.  

3. Re: Mass Effect 3 MP DLC Revealed? May 16, 2012, 13:05 Creston

It was funny how quickly EAware came onto the forum to deny these rumors. (ie, it's true.)

Creston

2. Re: Mass Effect 3 MP DLC Revealed? May 16, 2012, 10:51 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on May 16, 2012, 10:37:
The item pack unlock system is probably the most blatant pandering to gambling/addiction personalities I've ever seen, I can just imagine the people buying little packs with their credit card hoping that it won't contain a dupe.
Guilty as charged, I only got 1 pack though.

Steam: SpectralMeat

1. Re: Mass Effect 3 MP DLC Revealed? May 16, 2012, 10:37 Verno

They need to flesh it out and add more game modes. The MP is fun for a few days but quickly becomes a tedious grind because its too samey. The item pack unlock system is probably the most blatant pandering to gambling/addiction personalities I've ever seen, I can just imagine the people buying little packs with their credit card hoping that it won't contain a dupe. The netcode could use some work and good grief, add text chat for the MP. I feel like I'm playing with bots when people don't have headsets.

It was an ok first effort but as usual EA/Bioware are going to halfass it instead of making serious improvements that could make the MP a true contender with other titles.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo