Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy

View
121 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

21. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 23:03 SirKnight

I used to be a Diablo player, then I got error 37.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 22:53 Cutter

Prez wrote on May 15, 2012, 21:51:
I'm still stunned Blue actually used the "arrow to the knee" line after his comment. UGH!

Arrow to the knee will never get old! Never! In fact I think I'm going to create a cocktail by that name and it will involve Strongbow cider.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

19. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 22:48 Paketep

No surprises. Everybody knew this was going to happen, just not the magnitude. It seems Kotick didn't allow to spend much on servers, despite the fact that they knew they had 2 fucking million incoming just from the preorders.

It's sad to see what Blizzard has become. Oh well, I'm glad I didn't buy this. Torchlight 2 soon!.

18. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 22:43 jacobvandy

mixma242 wrote on May 15, 2012, 21:30:
I happened to have the day off, and even so I only got to play single player a couple of hours total given all the problems.

My biggest gripe is that it seems.... boring. I think Dungeon Siege II was better. Is it just the toon I'm playing - a Wizard? Are some of the other classes better?

I don't like the point & click to both move and attack. If you fire at something and your click is off you end up charging them instead, which is not good for a Wizard.

You hold Shift (or whatever it's bound to) to root yourself in place while firing projectiles. Been that way for all action RPGs for a long time now.

17. Interface editor? May 15, 2012, 22:28 JohnBirshire

Is there anyway to change the size of the interface? I swear it takes up half the screen. It's driving my OCD nuts, given the fact that I scaled the interface down to about 20% in every other game I play. There is no reason why buttons you can see perfectly fine at a fraction of their size have to be so big. And that minimap, ugh!  

16. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 22:20 MisterBenn

I'm still stunned Blue actually used the "arrow to the knee" line after his comment. UGH!

In fairness he referred to the phenomenon, he didn't use it.

With all the new dungeon crawlers coming out I will definitely be buying one of them... but which? D3 is out, the previous videos I saw showed very little new and exciting, and there is already a growing collection of feedback along the same lines. Also looking for single player I hate the online DRM so that makes the decision even easier.

I love the skill web and graphic style of Path of Exile but I understand it's currently crude in places. I'm not the biggest fan of the cartoon style of Torchlight 2 and I agree with TB that the tech tree seems dated now, but hearing him rave about the main combat mechanics being so satisfying I think that's probably out on top at the moment...

It is as least a health time for these games, competition breeds quality!

Playing: Path of Exile.

15. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 21:56 Kitkoan

Maybe he took an Error 37 to the knee?

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

14. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 21:55 MadBoris

It's not like this exact thing didn't happen a few weeks ago.

They waited for it to happen again.

I'm waiting for Blizzard PR - due to the outstanding worldwide reception of D3...blah blah...Error 37.

13. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 21:51 Prez

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

12. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 21:48 Shok

I would have bought it but my internet connection regularly drops out certain times of day and would just piss me off to not be able to play a friggin' single player game. And, no, my internet will never be more reliable since I live on a military base and it's all I have, even though it is free.  

11. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 21:44 Cutter

I suspect within days you'll be hearing announcement for Diablo 3 new "premium" service which guarentees you no queues for servers for a paltry $20 per month. Otherwise settle in for a long wait.

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

10. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 21:44 ASeven

You know the industry is in shit when kotaku starts to make sense.

Always online to play a single player game or portion of a game is beyond retarded.

9. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 21:38 Riker

I'm a few hours in, courtesy of a friend's guest pass. The mechanics are solid, but I agree with mixma... it is a bit boring.  

8. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 21:30 mixma242

I happened to have the day off, and even so I only got to play single player a couple of hours total given all the problems.

My biggest gripe is that it seems.... boring. I think Dungeon Siege II was better. Is it just the toon I'm playing - a Wizard? Are some of the other classes better?

I don't like the point & click to both move and attack. If you fire at something and your click is off you end up charging them instead, which is not good for a Wizard.

7. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 21:25 Talisorn

Cutter wrote on May 15, 2012, 21:05:
What I find appalling is all the hypocrisy with people buying this crap after all the shit they gave Ubisoft. So apparently it online DRM is ok...so long as it's a game you really, really want, otherwise they're just greedy corporte whores.

This.

Which is why I had no problems buying D3.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2012, 21:30.

6. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 21:13 LurkerLito

Skipped it cause I saw that error during the stress test weekend.

Just impatiently waiting for Torchlight 2 now :).

I wonder if Torchlight 2 had been released today along with D3, would they have sold several hundred thousand extra copies because of Error 37?

5. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 21:11 Kitkoan

Cutter wrote on May 15, 2012, 21:05:
What I find appalling is all the hypocrisy with people buying this crap after all the shit they gave Ubisoft. So apparently it online DRM is ok...so long as it's a game you really, really want, otherwise they're just greedy corporte whores.

Its only DRM if it doesn't do anything. The moment you add one little thing like online chat, then its not DRM, its "online interactive". Its how you market it, mention the good, and not the bad.

*automatically refuses to place horse heads in anyone's bed*

4. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 21:05 Cutter

3. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 20:43 KilrathiAce

I hope blizzard fails bad, I hate what they did to online gaming with their region blocks for sc2. Imagine if u had region locks for other games online it would suck big time. I hate blizzard.

Of course since all those people (2 mil or something) already smoked the hype bong and pre ordered the game, blizzard already made enough money to not care that much.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2012, 20:50.

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

2. Re: Diablo III Launch: Error 37 Gains Infamy May 15, 2012, 20:40 Saboth

I've got Diablo 3 on my wish list for my bday in 2 weeks. No huge rush. I'm thinking of taking it off though. Really getting tired of being allowed to "rent" games and having "permission" to play them on my own PC in my own home.

It's interesting to see those forum posts. "Thanks so much! Maybe we should go outside" and whatnot. Yeah...going outside is free. Diablo was $60. These are posts you'd expect to see when a new MMO is released, not a single player game. "Thanks for the updates, hope the servers come back up soon! Thanks for allowing me to give you $60! Is your boot dirty? May I lick it?"

121 Replies. 7 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo