Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Diablo III

Battle.net announces the extended wait for Diablo III is now over, and the action/RPG sequel should now be available worldwide. For anyone getting error messages from the game, this article may help you work out what's wrong, and here's word on the release:

Twenty years have passed since the Prime Evils were defeated and banished from the world of Sanctuary. Now you must return to Tristram and investigate rumors of a fallen star, an omen that the End Times have begun.

Diablo III is now live and available at a store near you -- or you can click here to purchase a digital copy directly through Blizzard. The game is available at retailers in both a standard and Collector's Edition. Visit our Diablo III game information page or search the Game Guide to learn more about this highly anticipated third installment in the Diablo series.

View
286 Replies. 15 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

206. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 19:59 Cutter

Wraith wrote on May 15, 2012, 19:41:
Jesus Christ, what a piece of shit.

Here's a clue, Blizzard. Have some software engineers worth a damn who can code an update agent which isn't an exercise in engineering incompetence.

The Retail DVD will NOT install. The update agent always gets stuck and I've tried every solution posted. It's a major networking clusterfuck on the part of the idiots who coded it.

Unbelievable.

To anyone who hasn't bought it. DON'T. You won't be able to install the fucking thing, let alone try and play it.

LOL! Are you kidding me? That was the same shit we ran into in the open beta. And people were posting in the support forums telling them that was the problem. They still haven't fixed it? Wow, that just boggles the mind.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

205. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 19:54 Luke

So much for drm always online to play a sp game...error error no install and so on...gezz and peps eat it all Clown 's  

204. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 19:50 gilly775

Icewind wrote on May 15, 2012, 19:22:
Dumbed down skills trees (Actually, what skill trees? LOL) no assigning of attributes....graphics that are barely equal to Torchlight.

Pass.

I think the graphics look better than Torchlight 2. The ones in Torchlight 2 remind me of the blocky 3D ones we first saw with 3dfx cards.

203. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 19:48 Mashiki Amiketo

Lorcin wrote on May 15, 2012, 19:18:

Born '74. Hack and slash is fine by my. Diablo's major gameplay mechanic seems to be managing my inventory - it ain't hack and slash it'a SimRucksack.
Then obviously you never played the first two games, because you did exactly the same thing in along with hack and slash. Which is one of the reason why PlugY is so popular.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

202. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 19:41 Wraith

Jesus Christ, what a piece of shit.

Here's a clue, Blizzard. Have some software engineers worth a damn who can code an update agent which isn't an exercise in engineering incompetence.

The Retail DVD will NOT install. The update agent always gets stuck and I've tried every solution posted. It's a major networking clusterfuck on the part of the idiots who coded it.

Unbelievable.

To anyone who hasn't bought it. DON'T. You won't be able to install the fucking thing, let alone try and play it.

201. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 19:34 kamodius

Creston wrote on May 15, 2012, 11:01:
Twenty years have passed since the Prime Evils were defeated

Now now Blizzard, don't sell yourselves short. It's only been like a dozen!

Any news on how this plays on less-than-stellar connections? And does it actually install on Win7-64? (Since the demo wouldn't?)

Creston

I'm running Win7 (x64) and both the beta and live games play very very well for me. Not sure what your issue might have been.

200. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 19:32 NKD

Icewind wrote on May 15, 2012, 19:22:
Dumbed down skills trees (Actually, what skill trees? LOL) no assigning of attributes....graphics that are barely equal to Torchlight.

Pass.

Your loss. I'm having a great time. Just as much fun as I had in Torchlight, if not more because I don't have to play by myself. You should try and get your hands on one of those trial things.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

199. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 19:22 Icewind

Pass.

198. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 19:18 Lorcin

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:48:
Someone has never played a hack and slash game from the 80's before? Oh wait...

Born '74. Hack and slash is fine by my. Diablo's major gameplay mechanic seems to be managing my inventory - it ain't hack and slash it'a SimRucksack.

197. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:48 Mashiki Amiketo

Lorcin wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:41:
Didn't like the beta so not buying this but have met people with the click-shit-to-death-collect-loot mentality before.

This game seems to be an almost introduction to hoarding combined with an an OCD for clicking.
Someone has never played a hack and slash game from the 80's before? Oh wait...

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

196. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:43 Teddy

Krovven wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:30:
Teddy wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:19:
SWTOR?

Gamespy

MMORPG

Joytiq staggered launch woes

The above was from a quick Google and not even checking the official forums or anywhere else for issues from launch day.

How quickly people forget that even though servers were up, there were long queues and some people simply just could not log on because of the staggered launch. I'd say people that couldn't log on for DAYS after launch would disagree with you that SWOTR launch didn't have it's own problems.

Nevermind that SWOTR did not see the numbers Diablo 3 is seeing.

Did you even read those articles? The first one had an issue for exactly 1 hour from trying to log on, to the point where he said

"I checked the server selection menu and saw that the North American server count now topped 140, with traffic running the gamut from light to heavy to full. However, according to the system, the longest queue was 15 minutes long..."

Then

"So how did it play? I'm happy to report I didn't have any issues. On the Dark Reaper server (West Coast PvP), traffic was light, there was zero lag, and I was able to travel from Korriban to Hutta to the Imperial Station and back again without any issues loading."

The second article didn't have anything negative to say at all, and the third only mentioned that there were queues.

So your point is? I won't presume to speak for others, but I'd rather have a queue I can join rather than sit at the login menu copy/pasting my password and attempting to log in over and over until the game locks out my account for a moment, pause and repeat. Took me an hour and a half to get in when the servers WERE "up", much less the multiple times they've taken them down.

Some people having problems is a far cry from EVERYONE being unable to play, no matter how much you'd like to try and equate the two.

195. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:41 Lorcin

Didn't like the beta so not buying this but have met people with the click-shit-to-death-collect-loot mentality before.

This game seems to be an almost introduction to hoarding combined with an an OCD for clicking.

194. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:36 Agent.X7

People. Your panties. Unwad them.  

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

193. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:36 Krovven

It's back up now.

192. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:36 Undocumented Alien

SWTOR? Of course you'll just hedge and claim it wasn't a major online game or something idiotic like that.

I was on and playing day 1, no disconnects, no wall of error messages telling me to wait, no repeatedly bringing the servers down for maintenance.

I'll back that up, a 30 minute queue then I played until I logged off.

191. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:35 Eberron

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:22:
Well, lets see...it has been up since Midnight, and now is down for maintenance for 3 hours. 82% uptime out of the gate. Not bad.

I started playing around 7 and finished up at 8. I tried logging in again at 11 and no luck. Noon. 1. 2. It's now 3 and according to the timestamps at http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5051765603 it's been down for 5 hours now. More importantly it was down 5 out of the 6 times I tried to play, and I was patient each time. I wouldn't sugar coat this; it is pretty stupid and a bad direction for gaming in general.

190. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:32 Teddy

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:26:
My apologies. 77%+/-

77% is pretty damn low for server uptime.

189. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:32 nin

Someone needs to register isdiablo3up.com, like they did with hastheicestonemelted.com.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

188. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:31 Eberron

Krovven wrote on May 15, 2012, 18:16:
You mean like you didn't in response to him asking you to name one big game that hasn't had launch issues and you just redirected.

There isn't a single AAA Online game that hasn't had major issues launch day. Most of those still never even saw the numbers that are hitting the D3 servers.

Um how about none of them have had launch issues? Their single player components at least. I have never had an experience like this in any single player campaign on 'launch day'. Making him sound like he's to blame for not mentioning a game is nonsense when there have never been ANY games that have done this.

I was in for an hour this morning and made it to level 5. I have never played beta so I thought it would be a fun day to spend some money and find out. I'm glad I was busy most of the day or I might be upset.

187. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 18:30 MadBoris

Now I understand, excuse my ignorance.
Deckard Cain Speaks

OR this might of happened - Success

286 Replies. 15 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo