Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Diablo III

Battle.net announces the extended wait for Diablo III is now over, and the action/RPG sequel should now be available worldwide. For anyone getting error messages from the game, this article may help you work out what's wrong, and here's word on the release:

Twenty years have passed since the Prime Evils were defeated and banished from the world of Sanctuary. Now you must return to Tristram and investigate rumors of a fallen star, an omen that the End Times have begun.

Diablo III is now live and available at a store near you -- or you can click here to purchase a digital copy directly through Blizzard. The game is available at retailers in both a standard and Collector's Edition. Visit our Diablo III game information page or search the Game Guide to learn more about this highly anticipated third installment in the Diablo series.

View
286 Replies. 15 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

226. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 22:02 Wraith

Cutter wrote on May 15, 2012, 19:59:
LOL! Are you kidding me? That was the same shit we ran into in the open beta. And people were posting in the support forums telling them that was the problem. They still haven't fixed it? Wow, that just boggles the mind.
Oh, it gets better. The same PC will at least commence installing if you boot up in Win XP instead of Win7-64. Same networking pathway, so it's an OS incompatibility.

Of course, I have no idea if the fucking thing will PLAY, but frankly, given the shoddy level of engineering on display, I don't really hold out any hope.

So it's basically a Windows 7 specific networking clusterfuck which showed up during beta testing but ActiBlizzFuckTards didn't think highly enough of their user base to either FIX the fucking thing or warn people it's not compatible.

The only reason this piece of shit is always online is to enable validation of the loot drops so fucking idiots can pay real money to buy in-game artifacts from Chinese item-farmers, with ActiBlizzFuckTards (ABFT) taking their cut.

Bobby Kotick can go fuck himself. He fucks up every franchise he gets his hands on.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

225. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 21:59 ASeven

Prez wrote on May 15, 2012, 21:44:
I can understand being pissed about not being able to play your game in Singleplayer because of some shit with the servers you have no interest in being connected to (which is mainly why I am not buying D3), but let's have some perspective here. Lawsuits? Really? Do we really need to clog up our already completely borked legal system with lawsuits over a game? How about we save our litigation for things like medical malpractice and negligence resulting in injury or destruction of property?

Truth be told, sometimes the way to force change of the good kind is to go litigious on their asses.

224. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 21:47 Wraith

Y'know, I'm usually not fond of the American propensity to sue, but I really hope someone goes class-action on these motherfuckers.  

223. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 21:44 Prez

I can understand being pissed about not being able to play your game in Singleplayer because of some shit with the servers you have no interest in being connected to (which is mainly why I am not buying D3), but let's have some perspective here. Lawsuits? Really? Do we really need to clog up our already completely borked legal system with lawsuits over a game? How about we save our litigation for things like medical malpractice and negligence resulting in injury or destruction of property?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

222. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 21:35 Cutter

Saboth wrote on May 15, 2012, 20:33:
Nothing will change until we start seeing some lawsuits. You buy a single player game, you should be able to play it. MMOs are a completely different story because you need servers to play with other people. The problem is, many companies (like Blizzard) toss in a few online components (like the trade house) and try and weasel around the issue.

30-40% of the USA has no broadband internet, yet we are moving more and more towards online only DRM and having to fork over personal information and create "accounts" with logins just to play a single player game. Oh hey...you got hacked after forcing me to give you all my info? Great! Now that every game company is requiring it, that's 10x more chances for it to get hacked. So what do I get out of it? A free year of credit monitoring? Well I'm glad identity thieves only use the data they stole in that first year immediately after stealing it.

Sue? For what? You can't sue. You know going in that a constant online connection was required. So long as Blizzard provides a "reasonable" - that's the key word as it applies to legal issues - effort to provide enough server capacity so that consumers can use the product they paid for then they're in the clear. I'm sure that even in there TOU and EULA they state that in order to use their product that you must understand and agree that you may not always be able to use said product when you want.

And that's the major problem with this model. If they decide to kill the servers next week because they no longer feel like supporting the game you have zero recourse. What about when the paid content starts coming down the pipe? Or how about when they decide they want to launch a "premium" service so that only those paying a monthly sub don't have to queue for SP server access while the rest of you do. I don't doubt for a second they have this all in the works right now. That's why I won't support them.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

221. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 21:24 SpectralMeat

Anyone with a spare guest pass?  

Steam: SpectralMeat

220. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 21:21 LittleMe

If any of you are getting stuttering on your nVidia gtx680, the new 301.40 beta drivers are supposed to fix it.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

219. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 21:17 Orogogus

Saboth wrote on May 15, 2012, 20:56:
I'm not sure why they wouldn't. "Hey, I gave them $60. I can't use the product I bought." I think we've developed some kind of pathos in gaming that "this is just the way it is, deal with it." No, we are buying a product, and when you buy a product, you hand over money and you are entitled to a working product. When DRM is heavy handed like this, it seems some people are projecting the MMO model onto the single player model. "Well, it's release day, expect some problems." No...don't expect problems. There are only problems because of the DRM path they chose. They could easily make it so single player works in offline mode without access to multiplayer and the trade house. But they chose not to. That's a design flaw. This DRM is like having OnStar phone GM each time you start your car. "Hey, I need to verify I own this car...can you deactivate the remote disable so I can go to work?" "Sorry sir, there are some problems with our servers right now...we hope to have it resolved in 3-4 hours." Why the heck would you make your theft deterrent work that way? Obviously they didn't because it's stupid.

Even then I don't know that there would be grounds for an actual lawsuit, if it was made well known ahead of time. It would probably lose sales, but I don't see that there's a law being broken. But people would be late to work and/or fired, and there would be damages for that. A video game can't really make that stretch.

It's not that you pay $60 and you can't use the product you bought; it's that it's down for 3 or 4 hours on the launch day, and however often it happens thereafter. Lots of products (say, phones) have similar issues with downtime. You're just arguing that Blizzard could have made it so their game didn't have to deal with these issues for its singleplayer mode, which doesn't sound to me like something that's super defensible in court. It's not putting anyone in the hospital, it's not as if you actually have a product that's going to be broken more than it works, and it's fairly well advertised.

I own a lot of products which suck a lot more than they have to, but that's not lawsuit material in and of itself. The idea behind not letting companies get away with this is to not buy what they're offering, not to go to court because they're offering a product you don't like.

218. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 21:13 Luke

Saboth wrote on May 15, 2012, 20:56:
Orogogus wrote on May 15, 2012, 20:41:
Nothing will change until we start seeing some lawsuits. You buy a single player game, you should be able to play it. MMOs are a completely different story because you need servers to play with other people. The problem is, many companies (like Blizzard) toss in a few online components (like the trade house) and try and weasel around the issue.

I don't see how there could possibly be a case unless you could convincingly argue that Blizzard was somehow misrepresenting the online requirement, when in fact people have been arguing about it nonstop for months. I just can't imagine a court caring about the difference between singleplayer and multiplayer games, or being sympathetic to the right to play singleplayer games offline.

I'm not sure why they wouldn't. "Hey, I gave them $60. I can't use the product I bought." I think we've developed some kind of pathos in gaming that "this is just the way it is, deal with it." No, we are buying a product, and when you buy a product, you hand over money and you are entitled to a working product. When DRM is heavy handed like this, it seems some people are projecting the MMO model onto the single player model. "Well, it's release day, expect some problems." No...don't expect problems. There are only problems because of the DRM path they chose. They could easily make it so single player works in offline mode without access to multiplayer and the trade house. But they chose not to. That's a design flaw. This DRM is like having OnStar phone GM each time you start your car. "Hey, I need to verify I own this car...can you deactivate the remote disable so I can go to work?" "Sorry sir, there are some problems with our servers right now...we hope to have it resolved in 3-4 hours." Why the heck would you make your theft deterrent work that way? Obviously they didn't because it's stupid.

The only reason companies are getting away with this is because we let them.

Ahh i guess all will get a free pet for wow , and a cool avatar and all is forgiven...... Drummer

217. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 20:56 Saboth

Orogogus wrote on May 15, 2012, 20:41:

I don't see how there could possibly be a case unless you could convincingly argue that Blizzard was somehow misrepresenting the online requirement, when in fact people have been arguing about it nonstop for months. I just can't imagine a court caring about the difference between singleplayer and multiplayer games, or being sympathetic to the right to play singleplayer games offline.

The only reason companies are getting away with this is because we let them.

216. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 20:45 Tumbler

To anyone who hasn't bought it. DON'T. You won't be able to install the fucking thing, let alone try and play it.

You can download the full client online if this happens. I never used the dvd and that is hilarious if true... Check my previous posts for link.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

215. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 20:41 Orogogus

214. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 20:33 Saboth

30-40% of the USA has no broadband internet, yet we are moving more and more towards online only DRM and having to fork over personal information and create "accounts" with logins just to play a single player game. Oh hey...you got hacked after forcing me to give you all my info? Great! Now that every game company is requiring it, that's 10x more chances for it to get hacked. So what do I get out of it? A free year of credit monitoring? Well I'm glad identity thieves only use the data they stole in that first year immediately after stealing it.

213. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 20:25 Tumbler

Prez wrote on May 15, 2012, 20:13:
The only reason we reached 200 posts is because the people who bought Diablo 3 have nothing better to do - they certainly can't log in and play!!

I kid, I kid.

LOL, well done.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

212. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 20:24 Mashiki Amiketo

Error 12 still: Read this post, they want more info
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5007751295

And I just logged in and am playing.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

211. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 20:23 Undocumented Alien

The server looks like it's up... but can one log in...

Happily playing Skyrim with no log-in issue.

210. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 20:22 SirKnight

It seems the servers are up yet many of us are STILL getting the error 12 issue. I have the collectors edition so actual DVD, I am in the USA and am trying to use the Americas option in the game. Should work eh? For some, it works to use servers from the countries they are NOT in. heh.

This is fooked. I guess I'll I get to play tomorrow, or next week, if I'm lucky.

This is the main reason I was so skeptical about D3 over the past few years. I only give a crap about single player and yet I have to rely on their dumbass servers. But I liked the beta so much I bought the game anyway. sob :/

209. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 20:13 Prez

The only reason we reached 200 posts is because the people who bought Diablo 3 have nothing better to do - they certainly can't log in and play!!

I kid, I kid.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

208. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 20:12 sauron

I picked up Torchlight 1 for $4.99 in the Steam Xmas sale and have to admit it's absolutely great. I'll wait for the Diablo III issues to settle down and then pick it up.

I still have to play D2, actually, so might try that first.

Kittens!

207. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 20:03 Undocumented Alien

LOL! Are you kidding me? That was the same shit we ran into in the open beta. And people were posting in the support forums telling them that was the problem. They still haven't fixed it? Wow, that just boggles the mind.

Dude, it's Blizz, it's OK.

286 Replies. 15 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo