Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Diablo III

Battle.net announces the extended wait for Diablo III is now over, and the action/RPG sequel should now be available worldwide. For anyone getting error messages from the game, this article may help you work out what's wrong, and here's word on the release:

Twenty years have passed since the Prime Evils were defeated and banished from the world of Sanctuary. Now you must return to Tristram and investigate rumors of a fallen star, an omen that the End Times have begun.

Diablo III is now live and available at a store near you -- or you can click here to purchase a digital copy directly through Blizzard. The game is available at retailers in both a standard and Collector's Edition. Visit our Diablo III game information page or search the Game Guide to learn more about this highly anticipated third installment in the Diablo series.

View
286 Replies. 15 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

26. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 12:21 theyarecomingforyou

The game launched 18hrs ago in the UK and the servers are still too busy to connect to. Blizzard really screwed the pooch with this one. Very unimpressed.  

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 12:16 Jivaro

Creston wrote on May 15, 2012, 11:01:
Any news on how this plays on less-than-stellar connections? And does it actually install on Win7-64? (Since the demo wouldn't?)

Creston

Yeah, Creston, is there perhaps something else about your system build that might have played a part in that? I have two systems running Win 7 64bit, one with an older Radeon card and one with a newer Nvidia card, and neither had problems installing or playing the beta. Not saying D3 might not have a problem with the installer..I am just very certain it isn't Win 7 64 bit that is the determining factor.

My cable internet connection had occasional rubber-banding, so a 'less then stellar' internet connection can probably expect the same. Didn't seem to have much to do with what was going on in the game. Got it in-town or in-combat...a few enemies or a few dozen enemies. Just a result of the system. Be interesting to see if they improve that somehow. I wouldn't know how or if they can.

24. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 12:13 Verno

Tumbler wrote on May 15, 2012, 12:04:
Someone talk about the real money auction house. How much does stuff cost on average?

It's not open for at least a week but when it does open I'm sure there will be many morons lining up to spend money. How much money items will cost is totally unknowable at this point, probably very little. There is zero need to use the RMAH, the game spits loot and gold at you so *shrug*. You level up at a decent clip, the game is really all about the loot so I'm not sure why anyone would want to ruin that aspect of the game for themselves but a fool and his money, etc.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

23. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 12:10 McSterls

Not sure my error was covered in the article, I activated this morning and got kicked from my single player game, then tried to rejoin only to find my character was "already in battle". Whatever, these server issues blow. Hopefully it will be straightened out by the time I get home from work.

McSterls

22. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 12:04 Tumbler

Someone talk about the real money auction house. How much does stuff cost on average? I'm curious if people are spending real money buying stuff already?

Seems crazy to spend money on stuff you can just earn in game for free. Or spend money instead of gold that you earn in game free. But I want to see how many people actually go load up their wallets with real money and spend it on this stuff.

I'm more interested in the RMAH than I am with Diablo 3!

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 12:03 Mr. Nash

I'm holding off on the game right now just because once I buy it I'll get nothing done, and I've got a lot of work to do atm. XD  

20. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 11:54 Dev

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4888358970
Do that to unlock unique sigils for your character, its a limited time thing, only a few more days avail to unlock them. It has to be done for each class to unlock the sigil for that class.

Also, looks like beta testers WILL get something (contrary to what people were telling me in other threads). A unique feat of strength "One of the Chosen" to closed beta testers:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4888689240
Fortunately it didn't require any achievements in the beta, just being eligible to be in the closed beta.

I know there's unique benefits (banner, wings, etc) to having a collectors edition of D3, but are there any other ways to collect things for banners, etc?

19. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 11:39 Verno

Got up, logged in, played for an hour. zero issues.

Decided on a Monk for first playhthrough.

My buddy is playing a Monk and loves it, I think it'll be my next character. I had no idea that melee characters get an innate 30% damage reduction either until he told me. I guess that's fair since they have few escapes.

18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 11:38 nin

And does it actually install on Win7-64? (Since the demo wouldn't?)

It installed fine on 7-64. I played all weekend with it.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 11:34 xXBatmanXx

Got up, logged in, played for an hour. zero issues.

Decided on a Monk for first playhthrough.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 11:21 jomisab

InBlack wrote on May 15, 2012, 10:55:
jomisab wrote on May 15, 2012, 10:51:
Squeezed in 20 minutes this morning. Made it to level 4, accumulated 2000 gold, and bought a few items at the AH.

After 4 hours of the servers being live, the AH was already brimming with every item you could want to buy.

Really? Even Inferno level Legendary items?

LOL,no. I should have clarified..."every item you could want to buy at level 4."

15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 11:20 jomisab

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on May 15, 2012, 11:10:
Squeezed in 20 minutes this morning. Made it to level 4, accumulated 2000 gold, and bought a few items at the AH.

After 4 hours of the servers being live, the AH was already brimming with every item you could want to buy.

Wow, buying items at level 4. This is definitely a different Diablo.

For the record, I am assuming you mean the Gold Auction House. The Real Money Auction House is thankfully locked for a week, hopefully the D3 servers will survive that storm better than the release day nonsense, so I can play.

My copy is currently sitting on a truck somewhere, supposedly en route.

Yep, just the gold AH right now. They make it too easy...grabbing items that are 3 times better than what you were previously carrying on the cheap. It takes just minutes to leave the game, find some better items, buy them, put them in your stash, and retrieve them in-game.

Some purists might not like it, but I appreciate the ability to "streamline" my gameplay experience.

14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 11:14 Agent.X7

Bucky wrote on May 15, 2012, 10:52:
nin wrote on May 15, 2012, 10:46:
Woot - mine should be here this afternoon...

Mine too, and then I'll have to go to work. I'm seriously considering getting sick....

I would love to be sick today...but then the store would be closed and I wouldn't be able to sell Diablo 3 to other people who want it, and would most likely be lynched by the villagers here. Guess I will have to settle for playing between customers.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

13. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 11:12 Verno

Got in enough time to finally make my hardcore character - it requires level 10 normal which is like an hour or two of work. Game is pretty fun so far, lots of server errors and other wonkiness. I just wish they had allowed more people into a game, one from each class would have been perfect.

Once you get into a game its smooth, so if you get a bunch of timeouts and other errors just keep trying. I have yet to be dropped while in-game but logging in and etc has been a bit of hurf durf.

I went Witch Doctor for my Hardcore character and its pretty hilarious, definitely recommended for anyone who likes to be zany.

This comment was edited on May 15, 2012, 11:18.

12. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 11:10 mch

Zero tweaks needed here for the beta on Win7-64.  
PSN: CaseDesignate

11. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 11:10 MoreLuckThanSkill

Wow, buying items at level 4. This is definitely a different Diablo.

For the record, I am assuming you mean the Gold Auction House. The Real Money Auction House is thankfully locked for a week, hopefully the D3 servers will survive that storm better than the release day nonsense, so I can play.

My copy is currently sitting on a truck somewhere, supposedly en route.

10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 11:06 PropheT

Creston wrote on May 15, 2012, 11:01:
Any news on how this plays on less-than-stellar connections? And does it actually install on Win7-64? (Since the demo wouldn't?)

The open beta took tweaking to install, but the full game didn't. I had the same problem as you did with the OB if I remember right, but the full game was no problem at all.

On the connection...I think the most problems are going to be on their end right now. After more than an hour of trying to get on last night I just gave up and went to bed; if they couldn't handle the load of people logging on in the early hours of the morning I can't imagine it's going to be playable at prime time.

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 11:05 Brannigan

beta worked for me, I'm on win 7 64 bit.  

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 11:01 Creston

Twenty years have passed since the Prime Evils were defeated

Now now Blizzard, don't sell yourselves short. It's only been like a dozen!

Creston

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 11:01 shinchan0s

Didn't buy it. Don't get me wrong, it was VERY tempting... but the beta was just so underwhelming. If I didn't play the beta I probably would have given in. I'll probably just screw around with a friend's account just to see what it's like. I wouldn't trust any reviews from the major gaming publications (Gamespot gave D2 an 8.5 LOL).

Hope you guys manage to enjoy it.

286 Replies. 15 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo