Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Diablo III

Battle.net announces the extended wait for Diablo III is now over, and the action/RPG sequel should now be available worldwide. For anyone getting error messages from the game, this article may help you work out what's wrong, and here's word on the release:

Twenty years have passed since the Prime Evils were defeated and banished from the world of Sanctuary. Now you must return to Tristram and investigate rumors of a fallen star, an omen that the End Times have begun.

Diablo III is now live and available at a store near you -- or you can click here to purchase a digital copy directly through Blizzard. The game is available at retailers in both a standard and Collector's Edition. Visit our Diablo III game information page or search the Game Guide to learn more about this highly anticipated third installment in the Diablo series.

View
286 Replies. 15 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

86. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:47 Teddy

Prez wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:45:
If I were a lesser man I would point out the poetic irony of getting errors due to overloaded servers when one was trying to log in to Bnet to play by themselves. Oh wait...

Okay okay, before anybody comes in and crucifies me, I'll just say "uncle" now. But even if the errors are cleared up in an instant, it's still a stark reminder of what many of us have been so disappointed about with Blizzard's decision to be always-on only.

Don't think anyone's arguing that it would have been better for customers if there was an activation only single player mode. It would have resolved this whole thing before it happened.

That said, to be fair to Blizzard, when I did get in, I played 8 hours straight with no lag, no disconnects and no bugs.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

85. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:47 nin

Prez wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:45:
If I were a lesser man I would point out the poetic irony of getting errors due to overloaded servers when one was trying to log in to Bnet to play by themselves. Oh wait...

Okay okay, before anybody comes in and crucifies me, I'll just say "uncle" now. But even if the errors are cleared up in an instant, it's still a stark reminder of what many of us have been so disappointed about with Blizzard's decision to be always-on only.

But Darks and Nomaar said there's no issues today, Prez! NONE!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

84. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:46 Jivaro

MadBoris wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:38:
Frankly, it doesn't matter if they took the server down to glaze it in gold.

People bought a game, they were sold it with some agreement they may be able to actually play it. They paid. They can't play what they paid for!

Please stop defending Blizzard, you look like real fools, they could have been ready if they wanted to be.
They wanted to save costs at other people's inconvenience, at the end of the day, that is business, that is Blizzard, a dev house all about business.

yep. It isn't rage worthy, just disappointing.

83. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:45 jacobvandy

Downtime is still downtime, whether it's because of being overloaded or taken offline for maintenance. You're still dicking over your paying customers with issues that should have been worked out through your pre-release "stress tests."  

82. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:45 Prez

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

81. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:39 Teddy

Cutter wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:34:
Is the game really that short? I'm hearing people are breezing through it in a matter of hours. Wow, if that's the case. I guess they have a lot of paid content in the pipe.

Everything is a matter of hours, just a matter of how many. One person ignored all side-quests and exploring and sprinted to the end in 12.5 hours. Then again, people "beat" Skyrim in 2.5 hours, too.

Took me 8 hours to clear through partway into Act II.

80. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:38 MadBoris

Frankly, it doesn't matter if they took the server down to glaze it in gold.

People bought a game, they were sold it with some agreement they may be able to actually play it. They paid. They can't play what they paid for!

Please stop defending Blizzard, you look like real fools, they could have been ready if they wanted to be.
They wanted to save costs at other people's inconvenience, at the end of the day, that is business, that is Blizzard, a dev house all about business.

79. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:37 Bucky

Latest update, for North America servers here. Looks Like I won't be playing before work, though I did manage to get a character created before everything went down.  

78. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:37 Verno

NKD wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:34:
I got dyes off the merchant kind of off to the left in New Tristram in Act 1. Not sure what level.

Weird, he never had any for me. Oh well, maybe it was just my level was too low, thanks for the heads up.

Is the game really that short? I'm hearing people are breezing through it in a matter of hours. Wow, if that's the case. I guess they have a lot of paid content in the pipe.

There's a lot of people speed running the game for bragging rights. I haven't finished it yet but doing Act 1 took me 8ish hours. Can't login right now and it's spitting out the wrong error messages btw.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

77. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:36 NKD

Cutter wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:34:

I saw that someone beat the first difficulty in just over 12 hours and ended up a level 32 Barbarian. I'm JUST into Act 2 and I've put in over 7 hours already, so maybe I'm just being thorough, or I'm just slow as hell. And then I've got three more difficulties to go. Gonna be playing for a long time to come.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

76. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:35 Teddy

NKD wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:32:
I'll see your 37 and raise you a 25009.

For reference, Error 37 (the error I am getting right now, repeatedly) is "The servers are too busy right now, try again later."

Keep acting like you know what's what, though. By all means.

75. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:34 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

74. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:34 NKD

Verno wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:33:
Merchants start selling dyes in Act 2, for anyone else who was curious where/when they show up.

I got dyes off the merchant kind of off to the left in New Tristram in Act 1. Not sure what level.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

73. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:33 Krovven

Teddy wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:29:
NKD wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:27:
Teddy wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:22:
NKD wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:16:
It's like you said, companies get away with it because it only upsets a few neckbeards in the middle of the night.

I'm sure by 'middle of the night', you mean 2pm because it's STILL happening.

The servers are more-or-less down to fix the problems everyone is complaining about... they aren't overloaded. Fuck almighty.

Tell that to my error 37. Fuck almighty, yourself.

Did you read the Notice on the login screen? They are doing maintenance. Of course you are going to get errors right now.

72. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:33 entr0py

Dmitri_M wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:15:
How invasive is the required internet connection for SP?

I'm on a handcranked internet connection in the centre of the jungle. Is it just a once off login or something more..diabolical?

Diabolical. It's not just a check at the beginning, every moment needs to be authenticated with the server, and if there's too much lag you can experience rubber-banding in single-player. Think of it like an MMO instance with a population of you.

71. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:33 Verno

Merchants start selling dyes in Act 2, for anyone else who was curious where/when they show up.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

70. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:32 NKD

Teddy wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:29:
It's like you said, companies get away with it because it only upsets a few neckbeards in the middle of the night.

The servers are more-or-less down to fix the problems everyone is complaining about... they aren't overloaded. Fuck almighty.

I'll see your 37 and raise you a 25009.

69. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:29 Teddy

68. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:29 Bucky

The Half Elf wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:25:
If any Blues'ers are looking for someone to kill the demons with just hit up CptRanger on BattleTag or whatever it's called.

You'll need your full battletag, which should have a unique 4 digit number at the end of it.

I'm always up for Co-Op as well, just keep in mind I'm the exploring type. I like to check every area, and I'll double back in a dungeon if I've found the next level but haven't fully explored the one I'm on.

67. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 14:29 jomisab

Well, at least one person was able to get in a decent amount of playtime:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1224669p1.html

286 Replies. 15 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo