Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Diablo III

Battle.net announces the extended wait for Diablo III is now over, and the action/RPG sequel should now be available worldwide. For anyone getting error messages from the game, this article may help you work out what's wrong, and here's word on the release:

Twenty years have passed since the Prime Evils were defeated and banished from the world of Sanctuary. Now you must return to Tristram and investigate rumors of a fallen star, an omen that the End Times have begun.

Diablo III is now live and available at a store near you -- or you can click here to purchase a digital copy directly through Blizzard. The game is available at retailers in both a standard and Collector's Edition. Visit our Diablo III game information page or search the Game Guide to learn more about this highly anticipated third installment in the Diablo series.

View
286 Replies. 15 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

266. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 19:57 Mr. Tact

ASeven wrote on May 16, 2012, 18:49:
That's from TotalBiscuit who posted a very strong video today against this online-only bullshit. He even touches on the point I made, if this was called DiabloMMO there would be a lot less noise.

The TB comment video (his daily "Mailbox" video): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9WbqdYuba4&feature=plcp

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

265. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 19:18 Slippy

I started reading through these but didn't have time to get through the first 3-5 pages of the oldest posts.

I woke up at 2:01 am at release... Honestly, I was surprised it went as smooth as it did. I was first able to log in around 2:20 am then couldn't get past the character creation. I then was logged out at around 2:35 am. After that, I couldn't log in until around 3:30 am at which point everything smoothed out and I have been able to get in game without acception ever since.

When I am in game, play is solid. I have yet to be disconnected during game play (save the one announced maint on the servers that was announced before they went down).

Given the volume, I was quite satisfied with how the release went and I absolutely love the game. My step-son has been playing with friend ever since release and has had nothing but good things to say about it. My five year old has run three builds (Monk, Wizard and Demon Hunter) and has also had no complaints ;P).

Just thought I would recap my experience on release day.

264. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 18:49 ASeven

http://imgur.com/MuL1t

Sigh, disgraceful for those who want to play SP. That's from TotalBiscuit who posted a very strong video today against this online-only bullshit. He even touches on the point I made, if this was called DiabloMMO there would be a lot less noise.

EDIT: Great point he also makes, if this had been done by EA there woul be bloody murder. Since it's made by Blizzard and Diablo everything seems to be alright.

263. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 17:48 eunichron

I received my CE today from Gamestop. Lots of neat swag.

Also, preview of the Diablo 3 Cow (MLP) level: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeQzJC-vS40

And, since I did get the CE, I have 3 Diablo 3 guest passes to hand out. Steam name eunichron (if that doesn't work account name reaper96), B.net tag eunichron#1577. Shoot me a message and I'll hand them out to the first 3 people.

262. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 15:29 nin

I hope they come through for ya! I've heard horror stories about both BB and amazon canceling orders (yet amazon didn't bungle my order).

It's a damn pretty box, I'll say that.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

261. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 15:26 D-Rock

nin wrote on May 16, 2012, 15:23:
I show BB will ship it?

Thanks. When I tried their web site earlier today it wasn't available for order online. Strange. It says arrival date will be between 5/23 and 5/28 -- not sure if I can wait that long lol.

260. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 15:23 nin

I show BB will ship it?

259. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 15:21 D-Rock

I've tried Sears, Target, CompUSA, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Newegg, Amazon. Anyone have any other ideas?  

258. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 15:19 nin

I'll keep my eyes open. Does anyone know if there are any retailers that will get them back in stock?

You just missed ToysRUs, which someone posted in a blizzard thread earlier today. But they're out of stock now...

257. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 15:12 D-Rock

Verno wrote on May 16, 2012, 14:49:
Your best bet is to luck into one at a Wal-Mart or other big box store. They're going as high as $300 on Ebay so...good luck

That's what I was afraid of. I've had so much of my time wasted by retail when looking for specific items I'm hesitant to go out and look. I tried a Best Buy yesterday because their web site said it was in stock at the location near me (yeah I know -- call first Annoyed ), but when I arrived at the store there was NOTHING even remotely related to Diablo III anywhere. No games, strategy guides, mice, headphones or any other accessories. I couldn't even find someone in the store that even knows what Diablo is (a huge WTF moment for me). It's like it didn't exist.

I'll keep my eyes open. Does anyone know if there are any retailers that will get them back in stock?

256. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 15:07 Alamar

Verno wrote on May 16, 2012, 09:16:
It's pretty hilarious and I don't know how I will ever give up the Fists of Thunder + Thunderclap rune.

Talking Barbie here...

I felt this way about Cleave (in beta), and enjoyed it up until the level I got Frenzy, which holy crap, I am having fun with... with a slow weapon, it was great... Big numbers very fast... With a fast weapon, it's insane... And then combined with the Frenzied shrine, holy crap...

I have a really nice combo now, which btw... Furious Charge is so OP... As is the Ground Stomp... with suction hehe... omg I am having so much fun with my carnage ; )

-Alamar

255. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 14:50 Alamar

Holy crapple, this game is so much more fun than I had expected... I am loving my Barbie (lvl 26, somewhere in Act 3).

I truly feel sorry for those that won't buy it because of the 'DRM', though I respect that choice ; )

-Alamar

254. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 14:49 Verno

Your best bet is to luck into one at a Wal-Mart or other big box store. They're going as high as $300 on Ebay so...good luck  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

253. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 14:47 D-Rock

I tried to avoid this game because I have too much other stuff to do and not enough time to play what I already have, but I can't do it any more.

I've become interested in retail boxes versus download-only lately. I'd really like to track down the collector's edition. Does anyone know of anywhere retail (online or B&M) that's still selling it at the retail price?

252. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 14:21 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on May 16, 2012, 14:09:
I actually saw that as well...I put 4 items in the auction house then cancelled them to resetup them up. Took a good 20 seconds for them to reappear! whoa. Freaked me out at first, but they showed up. I wanted to test it with crap stuff. So no biggie.

The Gold AH is pretty nice I'm finding too, people are selling things at very reasonable prices. I was able to kit myself out in decent rares with good class specific attribute bonuses for less than 10k which is easy to make.

My monk (FisterRoboto) is a friggin freight train with a decent pair of yellows. My buddy told me to join his game and when I got there he was sitting at a vendor who had them for sale. I'm really liking the monk skill synergies, I know melee will be rough in the higher difficulties but I'll enjoy this badassery until then.

251. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 14:09 xXBatmanXx

Verno wrote on May 16, 2012, 10:14:
If you stick any items in your stash, make sure you wait 30ish seconds to be certain the server has synced up as people are reporting items going missing. I figured this was just people with networking problems but I just had it happen to me too. I stashed some DH crap for alt, went to pull it out on the alt and it was empty. Logged back into my Monk and the items weren't in that stash either or inventory so I posted in the thread on the support forums. Thankfully it's nothing too valuable but I hope they get that fixed up soon, that's a pretty alarming bug.

I actually saw that as well...I put 4 items in the auction house then cancelled them to resetup them up. Took a good 20 seconds for them to reappear! whoa. Freaked me out at first, but they showed up. I wanted to test it with crap stuff. So no biggie.

V - I haven't found any fist weapons yet to get the extra bonuses....I can imagine the monk becomes super powerful pretty quick.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

250. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 10:14 Verno

If you stick any items in your stash, make sure you wait 30ish seconds to be certain the server has synced up as people are reporting items going missing. I figured this was just people with networking problems but I just had it happen to me too. I stashed some DH crap for alt, went to pull it out on the alt and it was empty. Logged back into my Monk and the items weren't in that stash either or inventory so I posted in the thread on the support forums. Thankfully it's nothing too valuable but I hope they get that fixed up soon, that's a pretty alarming bug.  

249. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 09:16 Verno

Really enjoying the Monk, I made my HC Witchdoctor but most of my friends want to go through non-HC Normal first so I swapped over to a Monk. It's pretty hilarious and I don't know how I will ever give up the Fists of Thunder + Thunderclap rune. Teleporting to enemies is just so damned useful, although the screen jerks a little bit in a way that makes it seem like the rune could use more polish.

I got dropped a few times last night which was annoying and noticed some rubberbanding that is definitely unrelated to my internet/hardware but other than that things have been ok. Launch day was a total nightmare though and it was indefensible for a company of Blizzards experience.

248. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 09:09 Wowbagger_TIP

Krovven wrote on May 16, 2012, 04:50:
Wowbagger_TIP wrote on May 16, 2012, 03:05:
Not trolling, just a good ol' fashioned "told ya so" to all those fanboys who were blaming all the issues during the open stress test weekend on the fact that it was beta and a stress test, and claiming that everything would be fine at release. You know who you are.

Having to deal with losing progress in a single-player game because some server puked or your net connection got screwy for a minute is just really really stupid.

And do you know what caused the outages? Most likely hardware failure. You can test and test and test...something will always fail and have to be replaced. Or, simply bugs. If the final boss isn't giving loot, you think that's worth them taking the servers down to do maintenance? Or should people that kill the final boss continue to get nothing?
Someone's in denial... but then, you live there.

Krovven wrote on May 16, 2012, 04:50:
There is no lost progress. You start from the last checkpoint, which they are frequent, just like most other games. As usual the idiots that didn't buy the game are talking out of their ass.
Getting dropped before you get to the next checkpoint is most certainly lost progress. The difference between D3 and a regular offline single-player game is, of course, the number of issues that can cause you to lose progress is multiplied greatly when you have to have a constant connection to a server which must never fail in any way, rather than just relying on your own system.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

247. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 16, 2012, 09:08 space captain

its pretty amusing watching the apologists defend this game

many of the same people that lose their shit over the most minor bugs in other games

another day another dollar

Go forth, and kill!

286 Replies. 15 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo