Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Diablo III

Battle.net announces the extended wait for Diablo III is now over, and the action/RPG sequel should now be available worldwide. For anyone getting error messages from the game, this article may help you work out what's wrong, and here's word on the release:

Twenty years have passed since the Prime Evils were defeated and banished from the world of Sanctuary. Now you must return to Tristram and investigate rumors of a fallen star, an omen that the End Times have begun.

Diablo III is now live and available at a store near you -- or you can click here to purchase a digital copy directly through Blizzard. The game is available at retailers in both a standard and Collector's Edition. Visit our Diablo III game information page or search the Game Guide to learn more about this highly anticipated third installment in the Diablo series.

View
286 Replies. 15 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

126. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 16:23 SirKnight

Damn error 12!!!!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

125. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 16:22 Dmitri_M

entr0py wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:33:
Dmitri_M wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:15:
How invasive is the required internet connection for SP?

I'm on a handcranked internet connection in the centre of the jungle. Is it just a once off login or something more..diabolical?

Diabolical. It's not just a check at the beginning, every moment needs to be authenticated with the server, and if there's too much lag you can experience rubber-banding in single-player. Think of it like an MMO instance with a population of you.

Ah. Glad I didn't buy it then. I just checked and the closest server to my location is on the otherside of the planet. Minimum 250 ping. Why the hell would they do that to the sp?

124. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 16:22 Agrikaan

You can start!? I can't even login...  

123. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 16:21 WarChilde

Slashman wrote on May 15, 2012, 15:16:
You actually lose progress when your game drops. You can't save so you are plunked back in the game with whole areas that you had explored now fogged out again(at least according to one of the first impression reviews). I mean I can't imagine what it would be like to have just nearly beat a hard boss and have your connection drop(either on your end or Blizzard's servers and have to do over the whole section that you just played through).

This is nearly the same as D2 (both single and online play). But in D2 you always restarted in town. In D3 you start at the last checkpoint.

122. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 16:18 eunichron

Slashman wrote on May 15, 2012, 15:16:
I'm less concerned about launch than I am the long term implications for this.

You actually lose progress when your game drops. You can't save so you are plunked back in the game with whole areas that you had explored now fogged out again(at least according to one of the first impression reviews). I mean I can't imagine what it would be like to have just nearly beat a hard boss and have your connection drop(either on your end or Blizzard's servers and have to do over the whole section that you just played through).

I'm fine waiting for Grim Dawn and playing other things. D3 just isn't calling to me like its predecessors.

That's actually exactly how Diablo 1 and 2 worked also. It didn't save "progress" only checkpoints. If you left in the middle of a dungeon, the next time you logged in it would put you back at the beginning of that dungeon. Now that the servers are back up the game did exactly that, put me back at the beginning of the dungeon I was in when it went down.

121. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 16:17 MadBoris

Creston wrote on May 15, 2012, 16:12:
Verno wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:37:
Can't login right now and it's spitting out the wrong error messages btw.

So awesome how you can play your single player game even while Blizzard's servers are do... oh wait...

Creston

It will be kind of funny when people can't play the game, but the auction house will be trading full swing. Cha Ching, Blizzard making money without people even playing the game, LOL.

Hopefully Blizzard don't find some statistical evidence to a huge upsurge in the Auction House when the game server is down.

120. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 16:12 Creston

Verno wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:37:
Can't login right now and it's spitting out the wrong error messages btw.

So awesome how you can play your single player game even while Blizzard's servers are do... oh wait...

Creston

119. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 16:04 Teddy

Back in again.

The game has managed to delete most of my achievements, though it kept some of them in seemingly random fashion.

118. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 16:01 MadBoris

Wildone wrote on May 15, 2012, 15:56:
LMAO AMerican game server is DOWN!!!! FUCKING EH BLIZZARD YOU GREEDY COCKSUCKERS

They took them down to provide you with better service!

You are all looking at this the wrong way, they are doing it for you, not to you. 0_o

They should have had some closed and open beta time to work out some of these launch day surprise issues. /dripping sarcasm

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/status

117. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 15:59 Wildone

Its my fault the fucking servers are down or overloaded...*claps*  

116. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 15:57 DangerDog

Didn't have a problem installing the Beta on Win7 64bit. You're suppose to clean out all beta files before you install retail.

If you have installed the Diablo III beta at any point and intend to install Diablo III, please make sure that all Diablo III beta files are removed from your system prior to installing the full game.

This includes the Battle.net folder, which can be found in the following locations:

[WINDOWS XP]

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Battle.net

[WINDOWS VISTA/7]

C:\ProgramData\Battle.net

115. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 15:56 Wildone

LMAO AMerican game server is DOWN!!!! FUCKING EH BLIZZARD YOU GREEDY COCKSUCKERS  

114. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 15:55 MadBoris

Undocumented Alien wrote on May 15, 2012, 15:39:
STFU it's not Blizz fault you're too stupid to log into their precious game!!!11

Exactly, they designed it to be a Offline game with persistent online DRM that you can't log into. Nothing can be done about it now, lets move on.

I can't help but visualize...I'm a Blizz fan..."Thank you sir, may I have another?"

I got the sarcasm.

113. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 15:49 DrEvil

Creston wrote on May 15, 2012, 11:01:
And does it actually install on Win7-64? (Since the demo wouldn't?)

Creston

The demo or the beta? Because the beta worked fine on Win7-64 when I tried it.

112. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 15:49 MadBoris

deleted  

111. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 15:42 DangerDog

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/status

Even the Psychic Friends Network could predict this.

110. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 15:39 Undocumented Alien

STFU it's not Blizz fault you're too stupid to log into their precious game!!!11

Exactly, they designed it to be a Offline game with persistent online DRM that you can't log into. Nothing can be done about it now, lets move on.

109. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 15:36 CJ_Parker

Wildone wrote on May 15, 2012, 15:28:
Amazed there is people able to get on. Get so many server busy erros. how could they fuck this up so bad?!?!?!?!

STFU it's not Blizz fault you're too stupid to log into their precious game!!!11!

108. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 15:32 Darks

Wolfox wrote on May 15, 2012, 15:23:
MacLeod wrote on May 15, 2012, 15:03:
What I'm more curious about is the screenshots... apparently Diablo went on a diet or something for the past 20 years. His limbs are very thin and such, almost looks like a female demon.

I've heard people giving explanations for that, and it's WAY into spoiler territory. Not sure if any of it is true, though, as I was actively trying to avoid spoilers at the time, but still.

I think itís smart of Bliz to not make him look the same each time you beat him from past games. Think about it. Diablo is an incarnation of its host. So it stands to reason he will look different each time reincarnated. Kind of like the Aliens movies, when a different type of host is used the Alien takes on a similar type of form to represent the original host. At least thatís how I see it.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

107. Re: Ships Ahoy - Diablo III May 15, 2012, 15:28 Wildone

Amazed there is people able to get on. Get so many server busy erros. how could they fuck this up so bad?!?!?!?!  

286 Replies. 15 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo