Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG

ATLUS announces the North American release of Game of Thrones, the RPG based on the A Song of Ice and Fire series of novels (apparently Game of Thrones: The Game was just a working title, awesome as it is). Here's the news:

ATLUS, a brand of Index Digital Media, Inc., today announced that "Game of Thrones™," the RPG based on the internationally bestselling book series A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin and the critically acclaimed HBO® television series, Game of Thrones®, is now available in stores across North America for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and PC via download.

Replete with the authentic political intrigue and complex narrative the acclaimed fantasy series is known for, this captivating interactive adventure gives fans a new and exciting way to lose themselves in the world of Westeros. With an original story written under the watchful eye of George R. R. Martin, who recently stated, "I've sampled the work Cyanide has done, and I'm largely happy with it. I think many of my fans will share that feeling," the "Game of Thrones" RPG is filled with characters and locations straight from the pages of the beloved fantasy novels. Moreover, the game includes the likenesses of fan favorite characters from the television adaptation. "Game of Thrones" promises to deliver the ultimate interactive roleplaying experience for fans of the series and its gritty, sophisticated medieval drama.

View
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG May 15, 2012, 17:02 SimplyMonk

Creston wrote on May 15, 2012, 16:30:
SimplyMonk wrote on May 15, 2012, 15:23:
Creston wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:59:
An RPG, about a book that's full of talking and machinations and little action, being bad? Whodathunkit?

I was going to disagree, but I was thinking that was the perfect recipe for a good table-top RPG Game. Not so much for a video game until someone comes up with a game engine that can fully integrate the customization, free form conversation and control ones gets from rolling dice with a group of friends.

And even then it'd require a DM who's awesome at creating all that intrigue and political chicanery, and a group of players who like to go around and make deals and backstab one another. A group like that would often start playing solo sessions so they aren't all sitting around listening to each other create plans to fuck over the other players.

Creston

Ha. Been there. Done that. Doesn't end well, but makes for great stories afterwards.

Previous Post Next Post Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Date Subject Author
  1. May 15, 10:54 Re: Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG InBlack
  2. May 15, 11:03  Re: Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG Creston
  3. May 15, 11:10   Re: Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG shinchan0s
  6. May 15, 12:13    Re: Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG Frijoles
  5. May 15, 11:56   Re: Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG Mr. Nash
  7. May 15, 12:20    Re: Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG Ceribaen
  17. May 15, 17:51  Re: Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG Tumbler
  18. May 15, 20:18   Re: Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG Prez
  4. May 15, 11:43 Re: Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG Ceribaen
  8. May 15, 14:00 Re: Ships Ahoy - Game of Thrones RPG Cutter