Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details

Battle.net offers details on Blizzard's plan to offer Diablo III Starter Editions & Guest Passes for the action/RPG that's going live tomorrow (which means it's already live in territories where it's tomorrow already). They say the Diablo III Starter Edition will not be available without a Guest Pass until further notice, and that Guest Pass keys are included in all box copies of Diablo III. Here's what the Starter version will include:

• Act I up to the Skeleton King is available
  • Level 13 cap
  • Matchmaking available only with other Starter Edition players
  • No Real Money Auction House access

View
89 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

89. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 19, 2012, 17:15 xXBatmanXx

Teddy wrote on May 15, 2012, 14:12:
Darks wrote on May 15, 2012, 10:31:
Verno wrote on May 15, 2012, 08:46:
ASeven wrote on May 15, 2012, 08:44:
Holy shit, just watched someone on twitch.tv finish the game in Nightmare mode in under 8 hours.

Is this game this short?

What are you talking about? It takes that long to finish Act 1 for the first time, asian powergamers not withstanding.

I seriously doubt that the game is short. I was watching some guys on Twitch.tv playing. The one Ill play till I pass out. And they are all level 22 to 23 and in the desert area. They have been going at it all night. I think the desert is Act 2. Meaning that they have put in at least 8 hours now. So Iím betting that there is at least another 20 hours of game play left.

Can easily confirm this. Played 8 hours straight, hit level 19, act II. The game is NOT short, anyone saying so is making fraudulent claims.

I am an explorer, love seeing every little thing. I played Act 1 with a barb in 6.5 hours and felt like i was in a hurry, but it was also my 3rd time through so I knew what to do and what to look for....not sure how that "beat Act 1 in 1 hour or less" is going to work. Probably 4 people speed run and warp warp warp on eachother.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

88. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 14:12 Teddy

Darks wrote on May 15, 2012, 10:31:
Holy shit, just watched someone on twitch.tv finish the game in Nightmare mode in under 8 hours.

Is this game this short?

What are you talking about? It takes that long to finish Act 1 for the first time, asian powergamers not withstanding.

I seriously doubt that the game is short. I was watching some guys on Twitch.tv playing. The one Ill play till I pass out. And they are all level 22 to 23 and in the desert area. They have been going at it all night. I think the desert is Act 2. Meaning that they have put in at least 8 hours now. So Iím betting that there is at least another 20 hours of game play left.

Can easily confirm this. Played 8 hours straight, hit level 19, act II. The game is NOT short, anyone saying so is making fraudulent claims.

87. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 11:52 Dev

Darks wrote on May 15, 2012, 11:43:
Verno wrote on May 15, 2012, 11:41:
Be careful with any kind of DirectX injection tool, Blizzard will have Warden turned on by now and I don't recall them ever officially saying Dark3D was excluded.

Yea, didnt think about that. thanks for the warning.
As a matter of fact, a blizzard guy SPECIFICALLY answered a question about dark3d in a twitter saying ANY graphics mods could lead to a ban.
http://twitter.com/#!/Angryrobotics/status/201405207039578113
I was browsing diablo sites and found that here:
http://www.diablofans.com/

86. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 11:43 Darks

Verno wrote on May 15, 2012, 11:41:
Be careful with any kind of DirectX injection tool, Blizzard will have Warden turned on by now and I don't recall them ever officially saying Dark3D was excluded.

Yea, didnt think about that. thanks for the warning.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

85. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 11:41 Verno

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Kitchen Nightmares, Coherence, The Rover

84. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 11:35 Darks

Dev wrote on May 15, 2012, 11:25:
ASeven wrote on May 15, 2012, 08:17:
EDIT: Amongst the complains are too easy, looks bland, looks too much like a WoW clone in gfx terms
"too easy" they must not realize they are playing on normal first playthrough since you can't change difficulty until you beat game. "too WoW gfx" everyone with a clue who looked at even a single screenshot should have known that before, blizzard is catering to the 10 million WoW subscribers.

To be very honest about the WOW graphics, you guys have to remember that they started on this game 8 years ago. About the same Time WOW was really starting to take off. So itís really no surprise that the graphics are similar. I personally get tired of hearing this argument; to me itís really about the game play and having fun. The graphics donít bother me too much and there is an alternate solution to this. go to this link and choose your poison.

http://darkd3.com/

Dark

83. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 11:25 Dev

ASeven wrote on May 15, 2012, 08:17:
EDIT: Amongst the complains are too easy, looks bland, looks too much like a WoW clone in gfx terms
"too easy" they must not realize they are playing on normal first playthrough since you can't change difficulty until you beat game. "too WoW gfx" everyone with a clue who looked at even a single screenshot should have known that before, blizzard is catering to the 10 million WoW subscribers.

82. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 11:14 Verno

It's not short, that's what I was telling him  

81. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 10:31 Darks

Is this game this short?

80. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 10:18 SpectralMeat

Darks wrote on May 15, 2012, 10:01:
SpectralMeat wrote on May 15, 2012, 09:12:
Does anyone have any spare guest passes? I'd love to get one to see what this game is like.

Were you on the beta? I checked my account this Moring and I did the pre download and still had access to the game. A pop up is on the top right side saying Upgrade now to level 60.

Iím thinking that everyone should be able to get the game as long as you have a BNet account. Iím getting my copy later, so if you need one still Iíll give you mine.

Thanks I'll check it out later. I did log in to the beta when it was open to everyone, but I am at work and I can not check my b-net account.

Steam: SpectralMeat

79. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 10:13 Nomaar

Darks wrote on May 15, 2012, 10:04:
nin wrote on May 15, 2012, 08:56:

As excited as I am for Diablo 3, it's kinda nice that my copy won't be here until sometime Tuesday afternoon--I figure by then a least a few of the server kinks will have been worked out.

I'm thinking that'll be Friday.

Also, with the mad rush and server issues, I'm laughing at anyone that took off today to play this...

There have been no issues at all, I was on this morning and it was smooth. I was talking to a few of my friends on line from our guild and they also said the same thing. No issues. Remember this is Blizz we are talking about, itís not like they havenít been there and done that before.

I can vouch for that. I actually stayed up to 3 a.m. this morning to get some playing in. It took about 20 minutes for the servers to get straightened out, but after that, I played with no problems at all for an hour straight before going to bed.

78. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 10:10 DG

Anyone willing to give an early rating yet? Bit wary there's not many calls of awesome anywhere, and just tons of complains about not being able to get in.

I happen to have the day off so I'm getting tempted to just grab the digital download, but it's way more expensive ($72 vs $53 here in UK) than getting a physical copy shipped. Plus after today I won't have time to play until the weekend when a mail-order copy should get here, and only the physical copies come with starter keys.

77. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 10:04 Darks

nin wrote on May 15, 2012, 08:56:

As excited as I am for Diablo 3, it's kinda nice that my copy won't be here until sometime Tuesday afternoon--I figure by then a least a few of the server kinks will have been worked out.

Also, with the mad rush and server issues, I'm laughing at anyone that took off today to play this...

There have been no issues at all, I was on this morning and it was smooth. I was talking to a few of my friends on line from our guild and they also said the same thing. No issues. Remember this is Blizz we are talking about, itís not like they havenít been there and done that before.

76. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 10:01 Darks

SpectralMeat wrote on May 15, 2012, 09:12:
Does anyone have any spare guest passes? I'd love to get one to see what this game is like.

Were you on the beta? I checked my account this Moring and I did the pre download and still had access to the game. A pop up is on the top right side saying Upgrade now to level 60.

Iím thinking that everyone should be able to get the game as long as you have a BNet account. Iím getting my copy later, so if you need one still Iíll give you mine.

75. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 09:56 InBlack

Just got a call from a friend who works from his home (LOL)

WARNING *SPOILERS* BELOW in secret text:

The Act1 Boss is The Butcher!!!! ARGH FRESH MEAT!!! Fuck yeah!

In my joy at the news have forgiven him for spoiling this for me.

I have a nifty blue line!

74. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 09:52 InBlack

Digital copy here, no guest pass. (Although why not is beyond me)

Still at work, cant wait to get home and get on board.

Powergaming through nigthmare at 8 hours certainly doesnt seem that bad.

I remember you could get a character to lvl 60-70 in about half that time with D2:LOD, AFTER the difficulty patches.

I have a nifty blue line!

73. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 09:12 SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat

72. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 08:56 ASeven

Is this game this short?

Weird. Then I suppose these guys made a powerrun and just went through the game as fast as possible. I'll wait for the people here who bought the game to tell the real length of the game then.

71. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 08:56 nin

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

70. Re: Diablo III Starter Edition & Guest Pass Details May 15, 2012, 08:46 Verno

Is this game this short?

89 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo