Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

etc.

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: etc. May 14, 2012, 16:54 eunichron

The Half Elf wrote on May 14, 2012, 16:45:
Even with a midnight launch, still have to wait until Midnight PST, 3AM for the rest of us

Yeah, I was going to say it's not worth going to a midnight launch unless you're in the Pacific or Mountain time zones.

Alternatively, and there are multiple confirmations of this by both Blizzard employees and customers who talked to customer support, you can get a refund within 30 days for any digital purchase from Blizzard. So if you're like me and won't have a physical copy delivered for a few days you can just purchase a digital copy and get a full refund once you receive your box.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: etc. May 14, 2012, 16:45 The Half Elf

Even with a midnight launch, still have to wait until Midnight PST, 3AM for the rest of us  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

11. Re: etc. May 14, 2012, 15:47 Verno

Well if you get really stuck toss me a PM and we'll figure something out assuming b.net has gifting functionality.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

10. Re: etc. May 14, 2012, 15:40 Wallshadows

I actually didn't think of doing that but the bank closes in about 20 minutes and, depending on traffic, might take me that long just to get there since I live in the outskirts of town.

I was also going to try and use Paypal but Blizzard only accepts it from US customers.

I'll just bite the bullet on this one and go in tomorrow at 8 and see what's open and hope they're not all sold out. Wal Mart usually has an excess but it's not a place I am particularly fond of.

9. Re: etc. May 14, 2012, 15:33 Verno

Wallshadows wrote on May 14, 2012, 15:23:
I wasn't able to purchase D3 through the digital service since I paid off my credit card some time ago and got rid of it.

So, I was hopeful that our local Gamestop/EB Games would be doing a midnight launch as they have done so several times before for various titles. Turns out that all of Nova Scotia is exempt from the midnight event and my only option to take part would be to drive three hours to Halifax and go to Futureshop. Yeah right.

Meanwhile, some GS/EBG store way the fuck out in Whitehorse, Yukon is having a midnight event.

They just won't get my money I guess.

If you're still interested, can't you just walk down to your bank, get a prepaid travel credit card, transfer some money online and then buy the game digitally? Seems like the easiest method to me and you get the benefit of having a credit card that you can never overspend with. It's literally like a 2 minute thing at your bank and they can likely give you a temp card right there.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

8. Re: etc. May 14, 2012, 15:33 Wallshadows

nin wrote on May 14, 2012, 15:30:
I was hopeful that our local Gamestop/EB Games

See, I knew exactly how your story was going to end the moment I read that...

Hah Yeah I know I should have known better but this is the first time I've really been shafted by them for a game release.

Owell, live and learn.

7. Re: etc. May 14, 2012, 15:30 nin

I was hopeful that our local Gamestop/EB Games

See, I knew exactly how your story was going to end the moment I read that...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: etc. May 14, 2012, 15:23 Wallshadows

I wasn't able to purchase D3 through the digital service since I paid off my credit card some time ago and got rid of it.

So, I was hopeful that our local Gamestop/EB Games would be doing a midnight launch as they have done so several times before for various titles. Turns out that all of Nova Scotia is exempt from the midnight event and my only option to take part would be to drive three hours to Halifax and go to Futureshop. Yeah right.

Meanwhile, some GS/EBG store way the fuck out in Whitehorse, Yukon is having a midnight event.

They just won't get my money I guess.

5. Re: Ten Rules... May 14, 2012, 13:43 nin

Amazon has my CE listed as "Shipping Soon". I'm doing everything I can to make today go by faster.

Mine shipped this morning. And it came from the warehouse just over the border in kansas, so it'll prob be in town by tonight...amazon needs a same day delivery option for us close folks!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: etc. May 14, 2012, 13:12 Cutter

Not buying it because of their always-on DRM makes that entirely unnecessary though.

Haha Cave Johnson rules!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

3. Re: Ten Rules... May 14, 2012, 13:06 eunichron

I pre-ordered mine back in February from Gamestop (ordering a Blizzard game from Gamestop, how long before deqer jumps on me?) but only chose ground shipping. E-mailed them on Friday to see if I could get it upgraded to overnight for guaranteed delivery tomorrow, but they said it was too late as the package had already been prepped for shipping. Hopefully if it's not here tomorrow it will be soon.  

2. Re: Ten Rules... May 14, 2012, 13:02 Bucky

The Pyro wrote on May 14, 2012, 11:17:
Re: Rule #1, IIRC Diablo 3 has a built-in clock. Hooray for adequate sleep!

Yeah, they put it in during the beta. I still managed to lose track of time, though.

Amazon has my CE listed as "Shipping Soon". I'm doing everything I can to make today go by faster.

1. Re: Ten Rules... May 14, 2012, 11:17 The Pyro

Re: Rule #1, IIRC Diablo 3 has a built-in clock. Hooray for adequate sleep!  

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo