Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Republique Funded

The Kickstarter Page for Republique reflects the final push for this fundraiser, an the stealth/survival game ended up taking over 10% more than its half-million dollar target. There's an article on Wired.com offering a timeline of the game's drive to raise capital.

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Republique Funded May 13, 2012, 17:48 nin

Fantaz wrote on May 13, 2012, 16:46:
Is Derek Smart on Kickstarter yet?

That would be awesome! We could all pledge through the roof and then drop them $1 each, five minutes before it closed.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Republique Funded May 13, 2012, 16:47 space captain

Fantaz wrote on May 13, 2012, 16:46:

probably too busy walking his dogs around teh lake on his 50 acre property

Go forth, and kill!

16. Re: Republique Funded May 13, 2012, 16:46 Fantaz

15. Re: Republique Funded May 13, 2012, 11:58 nin

It's a shame that space fans have such incredibly slim pickings these days...

Wonder where Lawrence Holland is these days....

14. Re: Republique Funded May 13, 2012, 10:30 Bet

Dmitri_M wrote on May 12, 2012, 17:15:
nin wrote on May 12, 2012, 13:16:
Between this and Starlight, I guess this is proof there's something for everyone on KS.

Starlight was funded?? Good grief that makes me think there's just the right amount of gullible people online to cause this KS phenomenon to fall flat on it's face a year or two from now.
Well it can't be a worse game than SOL: Exodus that was released on Steam not that long ago. Really, it can't.

13. Re: Republique Funded May 13, 2012, 00:49 nin

The Half Elf wrote on May 12, 2012, 22:56:
nin wrote on May 12, 2012, 22:09:
Prez wrote on May 12, 2012, 22:06:
They deducted my $15 bucks from the Tactical Shooter Project once the project was funded. Despite my donating to it, I'm still kind of doubtful about that particular project - they only set their goal at $200k, which seems very low for a modern day 3D FPS. To me that's barely enough for a decent engine.

If you're referring to the one that was rebranded Takedown, it was yet another of those "we're taking your money to fund a demo to attract additional funding/a publisher". So the odds of success are that much less...

Next time, just send me the money, and I'll email you a pic of me eating lunch or something.

For 20 bucks you send the napkin you used to wipe your face signed back to the funder?

And for $500, I'll send something I've wiped elsewhere! Wooo - suspense!

12. Re: Republique Funded May 13, 2012, 00:33 Prez

Next time, just send me the money, and I'll email you a pic of me eating lunch or something.

Do you take Paypal?

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

11. Re: Republique Funded May 12, 2012, 22:57 Jerykk

eRe4s3r wrote on May 12, 2012, 19:25:
Don't tell anyone but the funding goal is only fake anyway. You can pledge 3k $ bringing it to completion and then just disappear and never pay. The funding still counts as successful....

I would assume there is a 5% to 10% rate of people never paying.

I've donated to several Kickstarters and from what I can tell, the money is withdrawn from your bank account as soon as the Kickstarter ends. I guess you could call your bank and tell them to cancel the charge, though I'm not sure how happy they'd be about doing that without good reason.

10. Re: Republique Funded May 12, 2012, 22:56 The Half Elf

nin wrote on May 12, 2012, 22:09:
They deducted my $15 bucks from the Tactical Shooter Project once the project was funded. Despite my donating to it, I'm still kind of doubtful about that particular project - they only set their goal at $200k, which seems very low for a modern day 3D FPS. To me that's barely enough for a decent engine.

If you're referring to the one that was rebranded Takedown, it was yet another of those "we're taking your money to fund a demo to attract additional funding/a publisher". So the odds of success are that much less...

For 20 bucks you send the napkin you used to wipe your face signed back to the funder?

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

9. Re: Republique Funded May 12, 2012, 22:09 nin

8. Re: Republique Funded May 12, 2012, 22:06 Prez

Goodbye my Monte boy. May you rest in the peace you never knew in life.

7. Re: Republique Funded May 12, 2012, 21:50 eRe4s3r

They deducted money before the goal was reached? Or did you pledge after it reached the goal?  

6. Re: Republique Funded May 12, 2012, 21:38 .Drifter

Maybe so, but they took the payment from me quick fast and in a hurry when I threw some in on Wasteland 2.  

5. Re: Republique Funded May 12, 2012, 19:25 eRe4s3r

Don't tell anyone but the funding goal is only fake anyway. You can pledge 3k $ bringing it to completion and then just disappear and never pay. The funding still counts as successful....

I would assume there is a 5% to 10% rate of people never paying.

4. Re: Republique Funded May 12, 2012, 19:13 nin

Dmitri_M wrote on May 12, 2012, 17:15:
Between this and Starlight, I guess this is proof there's something for everyone on KS.

Starlight was funded?? Good grief that makes me think there's just the right amount of gullible people online to cause this KS phenomenon to fall flat on it's face a year or two from now.

They literally made their funding with like 26 minutes left...I was shocked.

Having said that, the space quest devs KS seems to be struggling, so hopefully it'll get the same sort of last minute reprieve.

3. Re: Republique Funded May 12, 2012, 17:15 Dmitri_M

2. Re: Republique Funded May 12, 2012, 16:12 space captain

dude... that asian chick.. Rubeyes  
Go forth, and kill!

1. Re: Republique Funded May 12, 2012, 13:16 nin

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo