Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 13, 2012, 23:44 Crustacean Soup

Maybe it's only a major issue in NA servers, some cultural thing? I'm in Canada, I prefer low-ping servers.

I haven't been playing much BF3, but it was an issue in BF2, and I know others who have had problems recently with poorly-run servers in BF3.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 13, 2012, 21:22 WarpCrow

What kind of servers are you people playing on that it's such a hassle? Have yet to have any such issues on PC, personally... I stick to EU, 64 person only though.  

2. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 13, 2012, 14:57 Crustacean Soup

So, one of the big reasons for private pub servers, at least from an unrelated player's perspective, is that they're moderated. This is good for dealing with teamkillers and cheaters. Console BF3 has, last I checked, no team damage and no cheating. You only have voice with your immediate squad and it's easy to mute anyone who annoys you, and voice idiots are dealt with by Microsoft's TOS-enforcement branch on the 360. So the advantages are pretty much nonexistent.

The disadvantages? Screwed up map rotations, screwed up settings, and asshole administrators. I remember getting kicked from BF2 servers because I took vehicles that admins were queuing for. Accidentally TK an admin and don't immediately realize it and beg forgiveness? And don't get me started on kicking for profanity in an M-rated game.

1. Re: Saturday Consolidation May 12, 2012, 16:37 fawker

So the Dice Servers have been rented out? So yeah, they're gone. What kind of BS PR spin is this garbage?

I quit playing BF3 on the PC because of all the crazy servers with stupid rule sets. Couldn't find a vanilla server to save my life. It's amusing now that the consoles get a little taste of it there is all kinds of controversy about it.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo